PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

icedance
04-28-2010, 10:13 PM
Tessa and Scott are competing next year and signed a 4 year deal with Roots :) YAY!!!

clarie
04-28-2010, 10:20 PM
Yehhhhh!!!!! Nice that they have a sponsor to support them to. I'm sure they'll be wonderful reps for "Roots".

pani
04-28-2010, 10:29 PM
We could start discuss ideas for next season! ;)

clarie
04-28-2010, 10:32 PM
Yes............I hope they pick something edgy and hawt, but somthing they can really emote with......

maggylyn
04-28-2010, 10:33 PM
Tessa and Scott are competing next year and signed a 4 year deal with Roots :) YAY!!!

All that teasing about retirement....

Well, I'm glad that at least for now we can enjoy the thought of seeing them continue competing.

pani
04-28-2010, 10:39 PM
Information about Root contract
http://www.newswire.ca/en/releases/archive/April2010/28/c6586.html
http://www.digitaljournal.com/pr/22039

As for next year music - this must be something non-depression. Its sad, that we will not see poc-n-poll in OD next season.

maggylyn
04-28-2010, 10:43 PM
As for next year music - this must be something non-depression. Its sad, that we will not see poc-n-poll in OD next season.

For their first raise-the-bar act, they should flip off the silly non-depression rule and choose something "depressing."

They're the champions, they can probably get away with it. Thus, clearing the way for all other teams to also ignore this ridiculous new rule.

pani
04-28-2010, 10:59 PM
For their first raise-the-bar act, they should flip off the silly non-depression rule and choose something "depressing."

They're the champions, they can probably get away with it. Thus, clearing the way for all other teams to also ignore this ridiculous new rule.

They and all, who was at podium at OG ignore reccomendation from ISU to use for OD dances from there country ;)

I wish to see from them more dancing, then lifting. But not something too light - like Intertament from B-A in 2006. Something with modern choreo. Maybe like sap5 post in this tread from from "Do you think you can dance"/
Now, when in Canton Igor and Marina will have new studients, how do you think, maybe she let them try to work with outside choreograhfer?

jenji124
04-28-2010, 11:04 PM
:cheer: I'm so happy!

zotza
04-28-2010, 11:09 PM
The best possible news.And now we can all breathe in synch!

I think it's good to get an official sponsor now that the "Own the podium" program is over and it's gonna help with their creativeness too not having to worry about the expenses.

bookworm
04-28-2010, 11:15 PM
:DYes!!!!

So happy about them staying for next year. And they should totally do something non-"uplifting" next year, if only to prove it's a silly rule.

Shallwedance
04-29-2010, 12:56 AM

They're the champions, they can probably get away with it. Thus, clearing the way for all other teams to also ignore this ridiculous new rule. I kind of suspect that V/M and D/W are responsible for the new rule about non-depressing music, ironically enough. Ice dancing was a pretty popular figure skating event in these past Olympics, and those two teams were largely responsible. Although there are fans who associate the Mahler piece with Katia's solo in Celebration of a Life, it was an uplifting piece as used by Virtue and Moir. Phantom is very melodramatic as theatre, but overall I'd describe D/W's fd as "exciting" and it generated a lot of adrenalin in the audience. I think the ISU may have looked at this and thought - okay, no more crosses, dying on the ice, angst or dirges - IOW, they want the sport to continue to be accessible and popular, as V/M and D/W have made it. That, anyway, was my first thought after reading stories about the (potential?) new rule. It seemed to be trying to keep the feeling going that so many in the media had about ice dance this past season - that those teams had reinvigorated ice dance, making it refreshing, accessible and exiting. If either team came out and did some absolutely gorgeous sad piece that had the audience crying and falling in love with it, then they'd tweak the rule again, I guess.

Anyway. After seeing Tessa really work it out in the group dance clips from the SOI tour, I'd love to see them do an OD, at least, that had an edgy, contemporary fast jazz or rock (not disco) feel to it. I'd seen her do a couple of brief, cute contemporary moves before in Jack and Diane and Everybody Dance Now exhibitions, but the SOI group dances were a whole other deal.

OlieRow
04-29-2010, 01:39 AM
The OD is going to be a CD+OD hot mess set to the Golden Waltz, or at least that's what it looks like. That being said, watching the clips from SOI, the way Tessa moves is just phenomenal and I hope they do something to bring that out in a competitive program. Of all the world class skaters out on the ice for the group number I find I can't take my eyes off her.

BellaSTRARSSA!
04-29-2010, 02:53 AM
^Oy about the CD+OD. Still can't imagine what that will actually look like. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of confusion then clarification next season.

But, right now I can just be happy that they're staying and I really liked the quote from Marina (which missflick posted in the press conference thread) that she told them to find the "weirdest music".

I think having accomplished their goals so soon puts them in a positive situation to take risks and try new styles.

Just putting out a song suggestion: I love Radiohead's "15 Step". It has a great rythmn and changes in tempo.

maggylyn
04-29-2010, 04:43 AM
^Oy about the CD+OD. Still can't imagine what that will actually look like. I wouldn't be surprised if there's a lot of confusion then clarification next season.

I can just see the decisions on what's "permissible" being all over the place and changing from competition to competition.

:P