PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 [42] 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

bookworm
04-27-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm alternating between hoping and worrying.

iDanceonice
04-27-2010, 12:27 AM
I am worried out of my mind. Don't retire, Tessa and Scott! Not yet!

OlieRow
04-27-2010, 12:32 AM
A Formal Announcement?

Ok, I guess this could mean anything.

Does it mean I'm a pessimist that I'm expecting the worst? (At least, from the fan's perspective.)

I'd say more of a realist. :( I'm preparing for the wost but hoping for the best. Again, best/worst is all relative since their decision will be what's best for them. I thought they were going to be waiting a bit longer before deciding something though, not sure what to make of that. I'm guessing the timing has something to do with a Roots endorsement announcement.

maggylyn
04-27-2010, 12:37 AM
I'd say more of a realist. :( I'm preparing for the wost but hoping for the best. Again, best/worst is all relative since their decision will be what's best for them. I thought they were going to be waiting a bit longer before deciding something though, not sure what to make of that. I'm guessing the timing has something to do with a Roots endorsement announcement.

Of course it will all be what's best for them/what they want/etc.

If it's bad news (for me), it will just take me a while to get over my disappointment. Then I can have a "whatever" attitude.

zotza
04-27-2010, 12:54 AM
Maybe them announcing their plans earlier than expected has to do with the fact that Skate Canada needs to make the list for next year's Grand Prix until late May.So it's better if they say what they intend to do now.Anyway I think they know better than us.

Shallwedance
04-27-2010, 01:18 AM
This announcement is later than I was expecting as I think Skate Canada has to announce its Grand Prix teams in May and since Tessa and Scott told the dj in the pre-Canadians radio interview "Where do we go from here? I guess is to be decided in April."

So they are actually sticking to the timeline they'd hinted, when I had about concluded they wouldn't let on til the tour was over.

Whatever they decide I do not see as final. If they compete next season, it does not represent a commitment to Sochi, if they don't, it's not retirement, I don't think. I also believe, as I mentioned in the Skate Debate thread, that they won't be left behind by taking a season off. I imagine they'd still skate, just not competitively, and their abbreviated training and competitive schedule last season didn't hurt them this season. If they returned the following year they'd have all of the pre-season to get up to speed.

Sonata
04-27-2010, 01:37 AM
I think the fact that this announcement is taking place at a Roots store is a hint that they're staying ;) I see something along the lines of, "We think that we have more to offer the sport and that we're not done yet. We're thankful that Roots is here to help us and other athletes pursue our dreams in the next few years." If it were a retirement news conference, it would be just V&M. There wouldn't be other athletes there. That's my reasoning, in any case!

karen
04-27-2010, 01:47 AM
Thanks for posting this OlieRow! I'm kind of worried, but I'm glad the unknown will be over soon. Selfishly, I want them to stay!!! But they have to do what's best for them both.

pani
04-27-2010, 08:52 AM
Like i post at graete skate debate, i wonder they will announce this now, because they talk about May or even June after OG. But maybe they will have good contract with SOI - wich is really greate!
I could understand there retriement, because they didnt have normal life with there pearents and friend since 13-15 years old. And they couldnt have full life, like there Canton teannates in USA - maybe they wish to have graete studience expirience too.
I only interesting- if they retried, will they move from Canton?

Bue
04-27-2010, 10:42 AM
I think the fact that this announcement is taking place at a Roots store is a hint that they're staying ;) I see something along the lines of, "We think that we have more to offer the sport and that we're not done yet. We're thankful that Roots is here to help us and other athletes pursue our dreams in the next few years." If it were a retirement news conference, it would be just V&M. There wouldn't be other athletes there. That's my reasoning, in any case!

Now that I've finished panicking and freaking out, this is definitely what I think too. It doesn't make a lot of sense for Roots to invite them to go their flagship store, with the Roots founders in attendance no less, to announce 'We're retiring! And now that our marketability has just plummeted, we're going to be Roots spokespeople!'.

So I'm sure they're staying :) Either that or Roots are launching their own skating show with Tessa and Scott as headliners ;)

DORISPULASKI
04-27-2010, 12:44 PM
Well, they could be announcing the V&M Roots sponsored pro skating tour too.

(Like Scott's original move as Discover Cards on Ice.)

pani
04-27-2010, 12:51 PM

I think it will be super - V-M pro skating tour. But for me look not very realistic - now its not good situation with pro-skating at all and especially with ice dancers. But will see.....

jenji124
04-27-2010, 01:44 PM
I think the fact that this announcement is taking place at a Roots store is a hint that they're staying ;) That's my reasoning, in any case!

I like your thinking. I'm gonna stick with this thought on it.

Rafter
04-27-2010, 03:09 PM

Very much doubt it. Don't see Roots getting involved in any sort of pro skating tour, especially in this economy. Besides, Canada isn't a big enough market to support two skating tours. IMO.

Enthusiast
04-27-2010, 03:24 PM
I don't think it's anything to get too worked up about, they are probably just announcing their return (and the deal with Roots).