PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 [41] 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pingu
04-26-2010, 05:48 PM
Thanks pani ^^
My favourite mahler ever is the first one I recorded, it should be the video number 11...scott is looking in my camera at 1.00 :lol: He never does that in competition :D

pani
04-26-2010, 06:00 PM
Thanks pani ^^
My favourite mahler ever is the first one I recorded, it should be the video number 11...scott is looking in my camera at 1.00 :lol: He never does that in competition :D

O yes - i mean your 11 video. This was my favorite Mahler too. At this traning session i thought - OMG, they skated in there own leauge :D And how he look at Tessa. And we was that crazy women, how start clapping and WOWing after this FD from last row :lol:, when all people was so quite. Do you remeber, how all coaches start clapping them?

pingu
04-26-2010, 06:57 PM
Do you remeber, how all coaches start clapping them?
Yes, thanks for reminding me this, I had forgotten it :)
Worlds have been an amazing experience for me, maybe also because I was in my own country and therefore I didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying every moment of the week...and I'm glad I could completely do it!! I got to meet so much people and talk with so much skaters (mostly north americans, don't know why...) and a few times with tessa and scott too :respec:

pani
04-26-2010, 06:58 PM
Yes, thanks for reminding me this, I had forgotten it :)
Worlds have been an amazing experience for me, maybe also because I was in my own country and therefore I didn't have to worry about anything but enjoying every moment of the week...and I'm glad I could completely do it!! I got to meet so much people and talk with so much skaters (mostly north americans, don't know why...) and a few times with tessa and scott too :respec:

Cool! Did you met them after traning?

karen
04-26-2010, 07:01 PM
Thanks for the videos, pingu! They are really great quality!

icedance
04-26-2010, 07:51 PM
Hey Pingu!

Tohose vids remind me of our train journey to Milan :). Thanks for posting! Watching them I made my decision to buy the all event ticket for TEB this year (if T&S go there) to see practice sessions as well.

pani
04-26-2010, 07:58 PM
Could fans attened practiece sessions during GP events? I know, that at Cup of Russia only journalists could be there.

mocha-ice
04-26-2010, 08:05 PM
Could fans attened practiece sessions during GP events? I know, that at Cup of Russia only journalists could be there.

I don't know about all of them, but at Skate Canada and Skate America you could... even at the most ridiculous hours of the morning! At SC my friends and I went to the 6:30am dance practice... and we weren't even the first ones there!!

I went to the Montreal SOI show yesterday. It was really lot of fun, and great to see all the skaters again skating (saw them at the parade Friday!). Tessa and Scott did their ballet/hockey number as well as the modified FD. Both performances were amazing, the Goose got a huge cheer from the crowd both times, and they got a standing ovation after their FD.

Before their first number, Cynthia introduces them, and her and Scott are kind of goofing around and she goes "Your Olympic Champion Tessa Virtue!" And Scott gives her this look! It was really funny...

The group numbers were amazing, especially the one before the intermission. It was a medley of recent songs (BEP, Pink etc..) and it was kind of girls vs boys. The last number was great too, although since Tessa and Scott's FD was right before it, they had to run backstage to change, so they weren't in all of the finale! Right at the end when the skaters were waving and heading off, Kurt kind of grabbed Scott and waved his hands really fast in the air like "Hey, no this is how you wave!!" Really cute again!

I didn't take that many pictures because the lighting makes it hard, but I will see what I have and then post any good ones!

pani
04-26-2010, 08:14 PM
I don't know about all of them, but at Skate Canada and Skate America you could... even at the most ridiculous hours of the morning! At SC my friends and I went to the 6:30am dance practice... and we weren't even the first ones there!!

I went to the Montreal SOI show yesterday. It was really lot of fun, and great to see all the skaters again skating (saw them at the parade Friday!). Tessa and Scott did their ballet/hockey number as well as the modified FD. Both performances were amazing, the Goose got a huge cheer from the crowd both times, and they got a standing ovation after their FD.

Before their first number, Cynthia introduces them, and her and Scott are kind of goofing around and she goes "Your Olympic Champion Tessa Virtue!" And Scott gives her this look! It was really funny...

The group numbers were amazing, especially the one before the intermission. It was a medley of recent songs (BEP, Pink etc..) and it was kind of girls vs boys. The last number was great too, although since Tessa and Scott's FD was right before it, they had to run backstage to change, so they weren't in all of the finale! Right at the end when the skaters were waving and heading off, Kurt kind of grabbed Scott and waved his hands really fast in the air like "Hey, no this is how you wave!!" Really cute again!

I didn't take that many pictures because the lighting makes it hard, but I will see what I have and then post any good ones!

Thank you for rewie! Look, like you had a greate time!
On photos Tessa look super-happy, what about show? Is she is a greate dancer in group numbers? And what about Scott?

mocha-ice
04-26-2010, 08:15 PM
Oh my gosh, I knew I forgot something: yes!! She looked soooo happy, I don't think the smile ever left her face during any group number. She really got into all the numbers (as did Scott of course) and they both really looked like they were having the time of their lives out on the ice!

pani
04-26-2010, 08:17 PM
Oh my gosh, I knew I forgot something: yes!! She looked soooo happy, I don't think the smile ever left her face during any group number. She really got into all the numbers (as did Scott of course) and they both really looked like they were having the time of their lives out on the ice!

Thank you againe! Greate, that they like CSOI life!

pingu
04-26-2010, 08:57 PM
Cool! Did you met them after traning?
Yep, after their first training, the night of the free dance and after the gala right before their leaving (poor them :rolleyes:)
Thanks for the review mocha-ice!!
btw I thought at TEB last year you could see the practices only with a press pass, in fact on friday mornig the palais onmisport was almost empty

karen
04-26-2010, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCaPgOaZfiY Here's one video of the group number before intermission. There are a few more on youtube as well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YoqD737anUU&feature=related Here's a shorter one from the opposite end of the rink.

OlieRow
04-26-2010, 10:34 PM
I gave this its own thread in the GSD, but thought I'd post it here too.

Media Advisory - Olympic Gold Medalists Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir to Discuss Future Plans

TORONTO, April 26 /CNW/ - On Wednesday, April 28 at 4PM join Canada's Gold Medal winning ice dancers, Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir at Roots 100 Bloor Street West. The skating sensations will formally announce their future plans with the sport that brought Canadians to their feet at the Winter Olympics in Vancouver.

Closing out a stellar season, the duo was awarded the Gold Medal in last month's World Figure Skating Championships in Italy. A few weeks earlier in Vancouver, Tessa and Scott made sport history when they became the youngest skaters and the first North Americans ever to win a Gold Medal in Olympic ice dancing competition.

WHO: Olympic Gold Medalist Ice Dancers Tessa Virtue and Scott Moir

WHAT: Announcement of future plans and career intentions

WHEN: Wednesday, April 28 at 4PM

WHERE: Roots 100 Bloor Street West

Following their announcement, Tessa and Scott will field questions from the media. Roots co-founders Michael Budman and Don Green will also be in attendance to welcome the Olympians to the store.

For further information: and to confirm your attendance at the April 28 event in Toronto, please contact: Laura Simpson, Empire PR, (416) 569-8457, laura@empirepr.ca or Robert Sarner, Director of Communication and Public Affairs, Roots Canada, Tel: (416) 781-3574, ext. 4280, rsarner@roots.com

maggylyn
04-27-2010, 12:17 AM
A Formal Announcement?

Ok, I guess this could mean anything.

Does it mean I'm a pessimist that I'm expecting the worst? (At least, from the fan's perspective.)