PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
04-24-2010, 03:12 PM
And from this article look, like Tessa want focusing on her study
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2010/04/22/13688166.html

I like this part - about celebrationg
"Basically, it's been non-stop for months," said Moir. "We're looking forward to a much quieter spring and summer."

And i have a little hope we will see this some more innovative stuff at leatin show. Hope they will skayte at SOI during 2 or 4 years

IoanaC
04-24-2010, 04:40 PM
And from this article look, like Tessa want focusing on her study
http://slam.canoe.ca/Slam/FigureSkating/2010/04/22/13688166.html

I like this part - about celebrationg
"Basically, it's been non-stop for months," said Moir. "We're looking forward to a much quieter spring and summer."

And i have a little hope we will see this some more innovative stuff at leatin show. Hope they will skayte at SOI during 2 or 4 years

Do you really believe they will raise the bar in this sport - which they said they want to do - by skating in shows ? Can "Stars on Ice" or "Thin Ice" or whatever really bring this sport forward ? Professional skating isn't what it used to be anymore. Professional championships, where professional skaters brought the best in them, are gone. Despite the required elements sometimes spoiling the fun, I think the only place we will see challenging and innovative programs is in competition. And I think Tessa and Scott know that. I really, really hope what Scott said is true and they will stay amateurs, at least for a season or two.

pani
04-24-2010, 04:50 PM
Do you really believe they will raise the bar in this sport - which they said they want to do - by skating in shows ? Can "Stars on Ice" or "Thin Ice" or whatever really bring this sport forward ? Professional skating isn't what it used to be anymore. Professional championships, where professional skaters brought the best in them, are gone. Despite the required elements sometimes spoiling the fun, I think the only place we will see challenging and innovative programs is in competition. And I think Tessa and Scott know that. I really, really hope what Scott said is true and they will stay amateurs, at least for a season or two.

I only read, what Tessa said at another article
As competitors, you’d want to do it,” the 20-year-old Virtue said, “but I don’t know . . . Nothing’s been decided. I like school (she’s taking psychology at Wind

And Scott words was
“We did everything we set out to do,” Moir said. “. . . I’d say we changed the sport.”

Thats why i post, that hope to see them at least in shows in future. Thats all. I think all want to see them compete a little more.

IoanaC
04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
I only read, what Tessa said at another article
As competitors, you’d want to do it,” the 20-year-old Virtue said, “but I don’t know . . . Nothing’s been decided. I like school (she’s taking psychology at Wind

And Scott words was
“We did everything we set out to do,” Moir said. “. . . I’d say we changed the sport.”

Thats why i post, that hope to see them at least in shows in future. Thats all. I think all want to see them compete a little more.

Definitely, shows are much better than nothing. Between seeing them once a year in Stars on Ice (even on youtube), and not seeing them at all, it's not hard to choose. I try to be optimistic, though, and hope to see them live in Nice !:)

pani
04-24-2010, 05:52 PM
Definitely, shows are much better than nothing. Between seeing them once a year in Stars on Ice (even on youtube), and not seeing them at all, it's not hard to choose. I try to be optimistic, though, and hope to see them live in Nice !:)

Are you from Nice? this is cool. We could only waite.
I only cant understand, why they gave such a different interwies from 1 show? Maybe its all, like journalists want to see this situation? And why with Trecy Wislon they talk about what they want to do in this sport in future?
I prefer they will say now about will they stay or no becaus ei done know, why they couldnt give this information for press? Maybe Skate Canada dont let them say they are retieied?

OlieRow
04-24-2010, 06:15 PM
Or they're making vague statements (for whatever reason whether they're undecided or not) and the journalists are interpreting them different ways.

pani
04-24-2010, 06:26 PM
Or they're making vague statements (for whatever reason whether they're undecided or not) and the journalists are interpreting them different ways.

Yes. But its was there own words.......
I cant understand, why they didnt want say truth? If they will stop compete - what happened if they will say this& Or if they want skate one more year - what a pronlem if they will talk about this now?
If they didnt say they will compete i will made conclusion they will not - why they didnt want to be more open with journalists?

maggylyn
04-24-2010, 07:41 PM

I don't think they can raise the bar by skating in shows. If skating in shows is all they want to do now, that's fine, but I agree that it's not the road for having any further impact on the future of ice-dancing.

I get the impression they haven't decided exactly what they want from their skating in the future. They seem to have been so single-minded about the Olympics. It must really be an interesting place to be - to have achieved those goals so young. Now what? Maybe they're still trying to decide how to answer that.

OlieRow
04-24-2010, 09:15 PM
Yes. But its was there own words.......
I cant understand, why they didnt want say truth? If they will stop compete - what happened if they will say this& Or if they want skate one more year - what a pronlem if they will talk about this now?
If they didnt say they will compete i will made conclusion they will not - why they didnt want to be more open with journalists?

Yes, those are their own words, but only a snippet. There is not really a context so the writers are left to paint their own version of things when they're putting the story together.

As far as why they won't say something definitive, either they don't know yet or they know it's in their best interest (in terms of endorsements) to leave the door open.

pani
04-24-2010, 09:21 PM
or they know it's in their best interest (in terms of endorsements) to leave the door open.

Good pount. I dont know what interests they have, but maybe for them better dont tell us about retriement.
Maybe before Skate Canada and Nationals tickets will be sold out :lol:

bookworm
04-24-2010, 09:28 PM
I've had my fingers crossed that they'll stay since Worlds!

pani
04-24-2010, 09:32 PM
Guys, we discussed, that Tessa start shining after OG. Maybe its because its the end og skating in competishions for them and she feel happy not skate any more?

icedance
04-24-2010, 10:12 PM
a surce close to Tessa and Scott told me in Torino "I think they will stay", so keep your faith Pani!

pani
04-24-2010, 10:14 PM
Marina Zueva (most close to V-M person) all time talk they will stay :)
But i dont know, did this close persons ask Tessa and Scott:)
I think Scott maby want to stay, because D-D said they will stay for next season or for next OG, i dont remember. But what about Tessa?

zotza
04-24-2010, 11:35 PM
I think it's their decision to make and they will answer the question when they can say for sure.And of course they're shining, they won the Olympics!It's quite a big deal and an honor not many skaters have the luck to experience.
And again it's just a few random comments supporting either story (staying or retiring)and maybe some people really want them to retire and making the most out of this option like what happened just before Worlds