PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
04-16-2010, 09:43 PM
And I thought I was the only one who had that idea! I had noticed that for the last couple months, she's been practically giving off light.

Did you notic ethis after OG?
Its really graete, that Tessa could shine - how do you think?
And i read in Alexandr Gorshkov interwie on russian, that ISU ban "depressive dances" and he talk about new CD+OD dance (not a lot - only that it will be short dance)/
How do you think, Mahler is a depressive dance?
I could see obnle one depressive dance from OG - "Shindlers list". What do you think about this?
I know, that ISU bad over-drama dancies before 2002 OG and two teams, who choose over-drama took gold and silver ;)
And i ice dance some time i like to cry :lol:

flowerpower
04-16-2010, 10:12 PM
Its really graete, that Tessa could shine - how do you think?
And i read in Alexandr Gorshkov interwie on russian, that ISU ban "depressive dances" and he talk about new CD+OD dance (not a lot - only that it will be short dance)/
How do you think, Mahler is a depressive dance?
I could see obnle one depressive dance from OG - "Shindlers list". What do you think about this?
I know, that ISU bad over-drama dancies before 2002 OG and two teams, who choose over-drama took gold and silver ;)
And i ice dance some time i like to cry :lol:

Art must allow us to express all of human emotions - joy, sadness, regret, passion, hope.

If the ISU limits artistic expression in ice dance to "happy themes only", they will drive away the choreographers, coaches and skaters who truly care about the artistic side of the sport - and what will we be left with? Another commercial ice show? It will destroy the sport. I just can't believe they will do it.

Bue
04-16-2010, 10:23 PM

The cynic in me thinks they're bringing in the 'uplifting' rule specifically because they fear that if we have to watch one more Schindler's List program, an official or audience member will stab themselves during the performance. Between SL and Requiem for a Dream, I know I came close at this year's Worlds!

The rule is ridiculous, though. Does anyone know if it is definitely being adopted? And is it a rule or a 'guideline'?

ximianKernel
04-16-2010, 10:28 PM
Question for you guys,

Do you know when and what performance was this? Looks like maybe Skate canada or Canadian nationals

http://i39.tinypic.com/2gxjkud.jpg

pani
04-16-2010, 10:30 PM
Art must allow us to express all of human emotions - joy, sadness, regret, passion, hope.

If the ISU limits artistic expression in ice dance to "happy themes only", they will drive away the choreographers, coaches and skaters who truly care about the artistic side of the sport - and what will we be left with? Another commercial ice show? It will destroy the sport. I just can't believe they will do it.

I agree with you. Maybe its not good, when all dances are only about drama, its will be graete to see some "happy thermes" dances, wich we didnt have a lot in this season, but in art you could choose, what you want to express, what you want to say.
I have feeling, that Marina new about this before OG. A lot off russian fans didnt like Mahler concept, because they thought it must be more dark, sadness dance. But Marina all time talk, that she create dance, wich show happinest and light.
I think mauby all dances could be named "depressing". And i cant understand - how they could bun this kind of dances (in this article Gorkov said, they will bun it). I thougt they could ask coaches and choreograhfers to use more joifull music, but bun.....

pani
04-16-2010, 10:35 PM
The rule is ridiculous, though. Does anyone know if it is definitely being adopted? And is it a rule or a 'guideline'?
He said "they will bun depressing dances". Someone think, that he wish to made ice dance look, like at his times was :lol:

flowerpower
04-16-2010, 10:42 PM
Question for you guys,

Do you know when and what performance was this? Looks like maybe Skate canada or Canadian nationals

http://i39.tinypic.com/2gxjkud.jpg

It was from the Skate Canada finale back in Fall 2006, I think (the year it was in BC and the finale was choreographed by Gary Beacom). IIRC.

bookworm
04-17-2010, 12:16 AM

Yeah. Actually my aunt called me the day after the FD and asked me if I could see her glowing from where I was sitting.:lol:

jayta
04-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Hey guys, been forever.

Still loving Tessa & Scott. Still can't get over how awesome it was to see them win the gold medal live. Best moment of my life...well or at least tied for....

I made a new fan vid :D If you guys want to see it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wutTz_aSE

ximianKernel
04-17-2010, 12:47 AM
It was from the Skate Canada finale back in Fall 2006, I think (the year it was in BC and the finale was choreographed by Gary Beacom). IIRC.

thanks.

flowerpower
04-17-2010, 01:22 AM
I think if they are memebers of the CSOI, we will see someday something choreograhfing buy SOI choreogragfers.
What do you think about D-L chore for them?

Not sure. D/L did some interesting work with D/S (plus I really liked the OD they did for C/J to the Quebec song Degenerations), but in their own show programs D/L usually go for big, sweeping, romantic or sexy numbers that emphasize lifts, not dance steps.

I'd really like V/M to show how they can "move to the music" in an exhibition number (i.e just dance, and not worry about elements). That's why I'd kind of like to see what Kurt might come up with for them, although I don't think he's choreographed for dancers up till now.

pani
04-17-2010, 10:57 AM
Not sure. D/L did some interesting work with D/S (plus I really liked the OD they did for C/J to the Quebec song Degenerations), but in their own show programs D/L usually go for big, sweeping, romantic or sexy numbers that emphasize lifts, not dance steps.

I'd really like V/M to show how they can "move to the music" in an exhibition number (i.e just dance, and not worry about elements). That's why I'd kind of like to see what Kurt might come up with for them, although I don't think he's choreographed for dancers up till now.

Did you know, who made CSOI choreo in this season&
And yes - Kurt is a God of steps, it could be greate to see his work with Tessa and Scott :respec:
And guys, what you think about Fedor Andreev could skate with Yana Khohlova? Tessa will be there coach? :lol:

pani
04-17-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey guys, been forever.

Still loving Tessa & Scott. Still can't get over how awesome it was to see them win the gold medal live. Best moment of my life...well or at least tied for....

I made a new fan vid :D If you guys want to see it :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wutTz_aSE

Awersome! You did a greate job. I like this music and you show there speciall connection in this montage! Thank you for made it for us :)

ximianKernel
04-17-2010, 12:18 PM
someone finally posted Tessa and Scott's performance at Stars on Ice 2010 Japan Tour

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLZ7zCYMfl8

clarie
04-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Thanks Jayta for the beautiful montage. I really enjoyed it. and thanks to ximianKernel for the youtube of the SoI performance..........I love the pink dress and Scott's grey shirt. They look every inch Olympic champions.