PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

maggylyn
04-13-2010, 10:50 PM
Now, when we all saw video from Japan SOI, what do you think about new costums for Mahler FD? Was Marina right, when she said, that Tessa need to be in wight at OG?
And i like opening and closing numbers from this show. I think, that Tessa is really greate dancer and i hope they will work with another choreograhfer, who could show there dancing quality in future.

I liked the white Olympic dress, but I also really like the look of her pink dress with Scott's gray outfit.

I think everyone is looking forward to seeing them come up with something new and different.

sKATEr4life
04-13-2010, 11:33 PM
Am I missing something...I can't fin a like to the SOI Mahler and I can't find it on youtub either...maybe I'm going crazy

ambern024
04-13-2010, 11:39 PM
Ya I like the pink dress with Scott in gray a lot better than their olympic and worlds outfits.

flowerpower
04-14-2010, 01:11 AM
Now, when we all saw video from Japan SOI, what do you think about new costums for Mahler FD? Was Marina right, when she said, that Tessa need to be in wight at OG?
And i like opening and closing numbers from this show. I think, that Tessa is really greate dancer and i hope they will work with another choreograhfer, who could show there dancing quality in future.

Having seen the Japan SOI version, I feel that Marina was absolutely right.

The pink and grey work very nicely together, but the white resonates much more for me, emotionally. It has a symbolic value - conveying notions of purity and perfection - which helps to elevate the program beyond the story of one specific couple, and makes it a more idealized, abstract representation of love - and therefore more universal, better able to touch us at the level of our own personal experience.

YMMV, of course!

They are great dancers, and I agree that I would like to see them really get the chance to exhibit this quality. Sometimes in competitive programs the COP requirements make this difficult for the choreographer, I'm sure. For example, look at their first lift in the Mahler program - it doesn't exactly match the highlights of the musical line - but of course you have to incorporate the required features, rotations, position changes, and do it within a strict time limit. To avoid getting a time deduction (like at TEB) he has to put her down a bit too early to be able to match the musical phrase. I don't envy the choreographers.

I love the rotational lift that Scott does with Shizuka, because each rotation is perfectly timed to the beat of the music - Scott just does this naturally; he has great musicality (and so does Tessa).

DORISPULASKI
04-14-2010, 01:22 AM
I like the pink dress much, much better, and IMO it goes so much better with Scott in grey. (and what a lovely photo that was of it. Thank you!) For one thing, the seam between the white and the illusion fabric on the white dress on looks a bit odd to me, and I expect Tim Gunn to break in and comment on it at any minute. Plus the white wedding thing is way cliche.

jenji124
04-14-2010, 02:44 AM

Can you post a link to the video or someone else kindly point me in the direction of the video. I seem to have a problem locating it. thanks!

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it

sKATEr4life
04-14-2010, 03:06 AM
Can you post a link to the video or someone else kindly point me in the direction of the video. I seem to have a problem locating it. thanks!

Please post because I can't find it!! (other than the picture, but is there a video?)

samantha
04-14-2010, 03:08 AM

Can you please tell me where you found it. Is it on youtube ?? I really want to see this video. thanks.

jenji124
04-14-2010, 03:25 AM
Can you please tell me where you found it. Is it on youtube ?? I really want to see this video. thanks.

i found it on fsvids

flowerpower
04-14-2010, 04:37 AM
Even though the pink dress is similar in style to the white one, it must be longer, because it gets caught on Scott's head just like one of her earlier ones did.

I wonder why that can't be avoided during the design process. I still remember her orange Umbrellas of Cherbourg dress that completely obscured his vision in several of the lifts (during the summer at Thornhill).

He seems pretty unflappable and takes it in stride, but still...

Shallwedance
04-14-2010, 06:06 AM
Am I missing something...I can't fin a like to the SOI Mahler and I can't find it on youtub either...maybe I'm going crazy I believe the file is at fsvids.net and its restricted to a particular level of membership there. If you haven't qualified for the right level (I believe one has to contribute a certain number of videos to the site) you can't access the section where the SOI clip may be.

That's the best I can do to clarify, and it's only my assumption. I can't see the clip there (I'm not at that level of membership) or anywhere else.

Shallwedance
04-14-2010, 06:07 AM
i found it on fsvids

Would you let us know what section it's in? Or is it the "limited" section (I can't recall what the restricted section is called). TIA.

pani
04-14-2010, 06:55 AM
You could find there Mahler video and opening-final show videos at 2009/2010 Galas & Exhibitions on Fsvids.

And i must say, that from one side i think that white outfit really show there perfection and purity. And, like Tarasova said after OG FD, she was on the sky during Mahler FD - maybr white color help her with this. But i dont like wedding concept - i see in this FD reall classical ballet dance.
And from another side, i like pink-grey outfit, because Scott look more mature and this is look more like composer and his girlfriend love story. And Tessa look adorable in pink, but p Scott had her skirt on his face againe :lol:

Shallwedance
04-14-2010, 07:30 AM
thanks pani, but from what I can see - 2009/2010 exhibitions is in the restricted area, available only to fsvids.net members who are eligible to access that area. Am I just missing it or is that right?

Thanks anyhow!

sKATEr4life
04-14-2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks for the clarification Shallwedance!