PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

ximianKernel
04-01-2010, 09:44 PM
just speculation for me, probably a re-do of their previous FD? maybe the Pink floyd program? or a modified Mahler

BellaSTRARSSA!
04-01-2010, 09:51 PM
^It would be great to see the Pink Floyd FD again as an exhibition, I loved it. :)

pani
04-01-2010, 10:04 PM
I didn't realize the Japan tour was so soon. They definitely deserve a rest, so I understand how it's worked out. Do you know if they will do 'Everybody Dance Now' or 'Jack & Diane', Pani, or will they do the modified 'Mahler' that someone said they talked about recently?
I dont know. Before they talk about modified Mahler. If Scott will be on, i think japonies fans will be happy to see this FD againe, because they are amazing in it. And i must agree with posters, who talk at the begining of the season, that Mahler its something ner in ice dance and this is masterpies. You must watch this FD live to understand this i think.
I like " Everybody dance now" - Sctt cjould be greate hip-hop dancer :lol:

BellaSTRARSSA!
04-01-2010, 10:18 PM
Judging by how comfortable they were/are skating to Pink Floyd & Everybody Dance Now, I'd like to see Tessa & Scott go for a modern music FD if they stay in for next year. That would adhere to the new 'proposed' rules of uplifting, of course, lol.

And thanks for your reports from Worlds, Pani! I'm glad you had such a great time and got to talk to them.

maggylyn
04-01-2010, 11:32 PM
just speculation for me, probably a re-do of their previous FD? maybe the Pink floyd program? or a modified Mahler

Didn't they mention in some interview that they were doing a modified Mahler for SOI? (There have been so many interviews! I'm not remembering where they said what.)

I think it's a very good idea to do Mahler. It's a signature skate for them in this Olympic year and it seems an appropriate program to take on tour.

If they skate a second program, I wonder what that would be.

OlieRow
04-01-2010, 11:54 PM
Didn't they mention in some interview that they were doing a modified Mahler for SOI? (There have been so many interviews! I'm not remembering where they said what.)

I think it's a very good idea to do Mahler. It's a signature skate for them in this Olympic year and it seems an appropriate program to take on tour.

If they skate a second program, I wonder what that would be.

Yea, they definitely said they were doing a version of Mahler. I figured they'd have a new number for CSOI since they've been using Jack & Diane for so long and then [kinda] randomly busted out Everybody Dance Now. Hopefully somewhere in there they had time to brainstorm something. They've got like 2 weeks before the shows in Japan, right?

jenji124
04-01-2010, 11:57 PM
I hope we see something other than Jack and Diane or Everybody dance now as an ex. number.

pani
04-01-2010, 11:58 PM
Yea, they definitely said they were doing a version of Mahler. I figured they'd have a new number for CSOI since they've been using Jack & Diane for so long and then [kinda] randomly busted out Everybody Dance Now. Hopefully somewhere in there they had time to brainstorm something. They've got like 2 weeks before the shows in Japan, right?

Scott talkk about 1 weak of rest. Maybe if they have 2 weaks untill Japan tour, they could made new exibition.

flowerpower
04-02-2010, 12:31 AM
They just have a short time to rest, then it's on to Japan. No time to create anything new.

I'm sure it will be the modified Mahler for one exhibition number and "Everybody Dance Now" for the other. This provides a really good contrast of styles.

zilam98
04-02-2010, 01:28 AM
They just have a short time to rest, then it's on to Japan. No time to create anything new.

I'm sure it will be the modified Mahler for one exhibition number and "Everybody Dance Now" for the other. This provides a really good contrast of styles.

yeah, but same old, same old ;)

Shallwedance
04-02-2010, 01:54 AM

Did you expect them to create two new programs for the tour? A lot of skaters do modified versions of their competitive and exhibitions for tours, including G&G. They did Reverie into the frickin ground.

maggylyn
04-02-2010, 01:59 AM

I think they've so outgrown Everybody Dance Now. For me, at least, it's quickly losing its cute factor. They're a little too old for it.

I'd rather they did a modified version of the OD.

OlieRow
04-02-2010, 02:00 AM
I figured the reason they hadn't had a new exhibition for a while was that they were saving it for tour. They'll probably have two numbers, one Mahler and one new (or that's what I was expecting). Of course, if they don't have a new show program I can't complain, their training time this fall was clearly well spent!

OlieRow
04-02-2010, 02:05 AM
I think they've so outgrown Everybody Dance Now. For me, at least, it's quickly losing its cute factor. They're a little too old for it.

I'd rather they did a modified version of the OD.

I thought Everybody Dance Now was great at Nationals since they looked so happy and carefree performing it. While their spot on the team was essentially guaranteed, I'm sure there was a ton of pressure as it was essentially Olympic Trials and they were performing in front of a huge hometown crowd. Not to mention it was several weeks before the Olympics. I found it refreshing to see them look more like the kids they were when they skated it the first time around (the last time Canadians were in London?) than two skaters with lots of pressure and huge expectations. But yea, the charm it had then is wearing off pretty quickly.

flowerpower
04-02-2010, 02:10 AM

Yeah, but what else would be realistic at this point?

I'd love to see something new too (especially since I have tickets to the Toronto show!), but it's hard to imagine how that would happen.

I can't blame them for focusing on their competitive programs in the Olympic year. The Japanese tour is short, then it's a trip across Canada. And the Mahler and hockey/ballerina concept will work very well for the mixed (often non-skating aficionado) audience that will see them.

Frankly, I just bought CSOI tickets this year because I thought something special might happen at the Olympics/Worlds (and I regretted not buying post-Worlds tickets the year Kurt Browning first won Worlds), not because I was expecting to see new programs!