PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

alilou
03-30-2010, 04:08 PM
DiManno: Canadians agree: just do it already
http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureskating/article/786496--dimanno-canadians-agree-just-do-it-already

Enjoy.

bookworm
03-30-2010, 06:15 PM
DiManno: Canadians agree: just do it already
http://www.thestar.com/sports/figureskating/article/786496--dimanno-canadians-agree-just-do-it-already

Enjoy.

I was afraid to look... but I did anyways. It wasn't as bad as usual.

Random question: anybody know how many times we've had this conversation?

canbelto
03-30-2010, 06:22 PM
They don't even act all lovey dovey off the ice. I think it's more like the way the two of them beam and giggle when interviewed together, as if they genuinely enjoy being in each other's company off the ice. Whether romantic or not, it's very cute.

JamieSix
03-30-2010, 06:31 PM
I was just looking at a V/M community on LiveJournal and while looking through the introductions I noticed a lot of the members say they became V/M fans at the Olympics because of the fact that they were so cute and adorable. Some admit they didn't know ice dance even existed. Most of the posts there are all about the adorable-ness of V/M. Yes, they're cheering at the fact that they won Worlds but 90% of the posts are all "OMG V/M ARE SOOOOO CUTE JFLEJFEHLKFJLFJ!!!11111" gifs, picspams, vidspams, and what not. I like the community (been lurking there for a while now) but I just hope that they get over the fact that they're not dating. :\

Edit: I, too, am one of the many who squeal whenever V/M do their adorable-ness on and off the ice but even if they never get together, I'm just happy that THEY are Olympic Champions. :D

canbelto
03-30-2010, 08:53 PM
Ok, here's another Virtue/Moir adorable moment:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1EkRpYIA84&feature=grec

Watch how in the K&C she spills some water on her dress and he quickly wipes it off for her with his hand, and then just puts his hand on her leg. It makes me all squishy with cuteness.

sap5
03-30-2010, 09:56 PM
I was a bit surprised when Scott told Pingu they'll be in Nice; unless he meant as commentators or something.

Isn't it common to fly into Nice to go to Monaco? Perhaps that's what he meant.

Rafter
03-30-2010, 10:07 PM
Isn't it common to fly into Nice to go to Monaco? Perhaps that's what he meant.

Doubt it. Why would he assume Pingu (who is Italian AFAIK) would be in Nice?

If V&M stay eligible, I would assume it will be on a year-by-year basis. They might also want to wait to see what kind of changes are coming out of the ISU congress in June.

sap5
03-30-2010, 10:35 PM
Doubt it. Why would he assume Pingu (who is Italian AFAIK) would be in Nice?

Oh whoops. For some reason I thought Pingu was from Nice.

icedance
03-30-2010, 10:41 PM
Pingu meant Worlds in Nice in 2012. And Monaco is just their holiday spot before going for shows in Japan and Canada.

I'm back from Torino now. It was absolutely awesome, I got to see OD, FD, Men and Women FP and the Gala, met awesome people, and got to speak to Tessa and Scott for a while (thank you Pingu!), as well as other skaters.
Special treat for me was meeting and speaking to Evgeni Platov, who made me love figure skating and now he praises V/M very much, after they finished their FD and Kerrs were waiting for their turn to go on the ice, he spoke to them for quite a while and they all huged.

Their OD was brilliant, was so stressed seeing it for the first time live. FD not that excellent, but still what a treat to watch their smooth, beautiful skating live. That day Meyl and Charlie did better IMO, so I'm happy for the FD and the overall results. V/M Gala performance was so much fun again.

For european fans it's highly probable we'll get to see V/M at TEB in Paris, as this is their favourite GP spot. Of course if ISU agrees that they go there 2 years in a row.

pani
03-31-2010, 08:42 AM
Hi everyone!
I am really sad, that i didnt have internet and couldnt post rewies from WCh.
Marta, sorry, but i couldnt answer on your SMS and coudnt find you near the Palavela. :(
As for Tessa adn Scott at this WCh. My bigest impression was there Mahler traning at traning ring at Wendsday. They was in another league, then other teams. Scott is SO musical, there connection on ice was SO strong. When they finished FD nobody talk at the rink and then all coaches start applauds to them. It was amazing.
Before FD morning practies they didnt look really greate - Scott had problems on 1 lift, both had problems with twizzles. That why i think they show maximum, what they could in competition and i was happy, they didnt had big mistakes.
As for OD - it was really amazing. Audience coundt sit at there places after this flamenco.
I read they thinking about retierment at after FD press-conference? It will be sad, because they are really the best today. Why they need this? I think they dont nedd to leave D-W along - its greate rivality.
And i must to say, i really love there exibition at WCH - Scott was really on. And they made that last FD lift really greate at the end of the Gala.

Bue
03-31-2010, 10:58 AM
Welcome back, guys! Glad everyone had fun.

Scott is SO musical

This is what struck me, too. I was floored by the musicality and performance quality of Scott's skating. He is, bar none, the best male ice dancer around.

flowerpower
03-31-2010, 02:35 PM
Glad you got to see them in person, pani!

Take a look at their post-Worlds CBC interview with Tracy Wilson (on the Fiat track overlooking Torino). At the end they talk about what they'd still like to accomplish in the sport (try new types of music and expression, etc.). It might reassure you a bit!

pani
03-31-2010, 09:38 PM
Glad you got to see them in person, pani!

Take a look at their post-Worlds CBC interview with Tracy Wilson (on the Fiat track overlooking Torino). At the end they talk about what they'd still like to accomplish in the sport (try new types of music and expression, etc.). It might reassure you a bit!

Thanks! I just watch this interwie. Now i understand - Scott relly look a little nervouse sometime. And look, like Tessa really support him. I hope they really try something new in ice dance, even if it will be in shows. I am glad, that now they talk only will they compete or no, not anout retiemenr form skating overall.
We ask them to come to CoR in next season att smaal medals ceremony after FD, but they didnt ask them about this.

pani
04-01-2010, 09:36 PM
Guys, Scott said, they will have rest few days and then will go to Japon to SOI tour. Its look, like they will not have time for new exibition number, what do you think about this?

BellaSTRARSSA!
04-01-2010, 09:42 PM
I didn't realize the Japan tour was so soon. They definitely deserve a rest, so I understand how it's worked out. Do you know if they will do 'Everybody Dance Now' or 'Jack & Diane', Pani, or will they do the modified 'Mahler' that someone said they talked about recently?