PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

ximianKernel
03-27-2010, 09:45 PM
Not for me, but thanks so much for trying. It starts to load then gives the "cannot be streamed outside of Canada" message on the screen. :(

here you go

CBC Interview (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xcql37_virtue-moir-interview_sport)

Shallwedance
03-27-2010, 10:11 PM
Thanks very very much guys. :)

pingu
03-28-2010, 12:25 AM
Did you watch them compete? What was your impression of them? (The crowd gave them standing O for their OD IIRC).
Well actually it was a standing O from part of the palavela ;)
Of course I watched them compete, I even didn't go to see most part of the men SP to watch their practice hehe
btw I manage to meet with them after the FD and I think I was the only one really happy for them coz everyone else was cheering more for federica and massimo. when they came out massimo was signing autographs and I was the only one not close to him, so when I saw scott (he was the firts one to come out of the two) I just shouted his name and then we hugged each other, I was SO happy for them!!! Then I saw tessa and I told her that I was happy for their medal and we hugged too :) I asked them to sign my banner and they said they liked it very much and thanked for my support (I was waving the canadian flag and the banner at every practice lol). After the medal ceremony btw when the athletes were skating around scott smiled and waved at my banner lol. Did you hear deedee and I screaming "let's go canada" during the medal ceremony? scott did :lol:
uh another thing after signing my banner scott told me "see you in nice" so I suppose they're planning to stay at least two years more
and during the small medals ceremony today I asked them how many pucks had they dropped so far, and scott said only two...I thought they vould have been much more :confused: and while federica was answering a question he said me "that's the best part of it!!!!" haha I knew he would have liked that question

flowerpower
03-28-2010, 12:30 AM
Way to go, pingu! Glad you got to meet them.

pingu
03-28-2010, 12:37 AM
Way to go, pingu! Glad you got to meet them.

I met them two times (plus the small medal ceremony today, but I couldn't really talk with them). I hope I'll be able to talk with them tomorrow too ;)

TalentedButHumble
03-28-2010, 02:47 AM
So I was pointed towards yet another JoRo TV/ radio interview in French that I can't understand. (Damn, just not learning French fast enough from that talking frog on You Tube :P). And I see on that same Quebec show, there was a piece titled: Menage a trois sur la glace. Itís about Tessa, Scott and Jessica. :eek:

http://www.radio-canada.ca/emissions/tellement_sport/2009-2010/Reportage.asp?idDoc=107081&autoPlay=http://www.radio-canada.ca/Medianet/2010/CBFT/TellementSport201003271430_2.asx

I thought of you all when I saw this.

Haven't watched it yet - net connection now running slowly. And not that I'd understand much anyway. (BTW if anyone wants to give me highlights of the JoRo chat while youíre dissecting this piece - merci. :))

cailuj365
03-28-2010, 03:04 AM
^^ I think it's more about Jessica, Bryce, and Scott. Then again, I can hardly understand French with that Quebecois accent, but it didn't look like they mentioned Tessa that much.

mishieru07
03-28-2010, 07:19 AM
Thanks for sharing your experience pingu! Hope you had fun in Torino!

Regarding the radio-canada interview; can some kind soul help translate please?

Bue
03-28-2010, 06:06 PM
The video is about Jessica and her men, nothing to do with Tessa. Jessica's accent is so strong, so I struggled a bit, but she basically talks about the break-up with Bryce and her current 2-year relationship with Scott and how it all works fine. She doesn't actually say anything very enlightening. The interesting bit is when Bryce talks about how it was really hard at the beginning - he says that he and Scott were best friends, they had known each other since they were 7 or 8, and it is true that they are not as close as they once were. But it sounds as if everything is cool between the three of them. Bryce and Jess still think the judges 'buy' their programs even though they are no longer a couple, because it's all about performance, and then they say they'll see what happens next, they haven't ruled out Sochi (god help us all). That's about the gist of it!

I just got back from Torino. Pingu, I'm jealous you got to meet Tessa and Scott! My mother isn't much for hanging around waiting for skaters, and she made me go sightseeing during the small medal ceremony! ;)

ITA that their OD is underrated. It was my favourite performance from all the events I saw, and apart from the Italians they got the best crowd reaction too - there so much energy in the rink! It was quite special to see.

I definitely thought they were a little off in the FD but these things happen to the best of them, right? :cheer::cheer: for our world champions!

Oh, and Marina is such a sexy minx. What a MILF.

I'll upload my photos soon.

Sonata
03-28-2010, 06:11 PM
The segment was not at all about Tessa Virtue. It was mostly about Dube and Davison with some mentions of Scott Moir. Despite the title, it was not scandalous at all ;)

In sum, Jessica Dube says she's been together with Scott Moir for 2 years. Bryce Davison says that it was a little difficult at first and that he's not as close to Scott, who he's known since he was 7-8 years old, as he was before. Although they don't make their relationship known to everyone, Dube and Moir don't hide it when they're in public either. They each try to concentrate on the job they have to do on the ice.

Rafter
03-28-2010, 07:05 PM
Anyone care to share what Belbin & Agosto said about V&M's program during worlds? I've always sensed there was not love lost between Tanith and Tessa, so I'm curious.

OlieRow
03-28-2010, 07:54 PM
Anyone care to share what Belbin & Agosto said about V&M's program during worlds? I've always sensed there was not love lost between Tanith and Tessa, so I'm curious.

I'll have to get back to you with specifics, but I remember being pleasantly surprised. I was under the same impression, that there probably wasn't any love lost between them, but I thought Tanith (and Ben) were both pretty complimentary. She probably had more good things to say about Davis/White, but she's doing commentary for a US channel and she's dating Charlie...

TanithandBenFan
03-28-2010, 08:17 PM

Tanith mentioned their gorgeous lines. She said there aren't many programs where you can hear a pin drop in the arena, and V/M's FD is one of those. She also said that when you think about programs that are perfectly packaged (or something to that effect), she looks at V/M's and D/W's FD's. She said she thought it was correct that D/W won the FD - I believe she and Ben may have said that V/M didn't capture the same magic that they had in Vancouver for the FD. Ben gave Scott props for hanging on to the twizzle and not putting his foot down. In "The Loft" conversations between Tan/Ben, Peter C. and Tara, they talked about how Tessa and Scott are so young but can portray "love between a man and woman" and do it with such sophistication.

Shallwedance
03-28-2010, 09:39 PM
Tanith and Ben have been class acts this season. Coming in second at Nationals, I think Tanith twittered Nationals was a fantastic experience and they were so proud of the US figure skating team. After the Olympic fs, in the mixed zone, they declared it was a dream come true for them to skate three clean programs in the mixed zone. They claimed no disappointment about a no podium finish, mentioning that D/S skated extremely well. They seemed extremely happy for V/M and D/W. All in all, I think they've acquitted themselves so well, without a hint of sour grapes, just great generosity.

ETA - I kind of think that D&D video is old - I've seen it before. Like they took old video and then added clips from Vancouver and a new voiceover script.

TanithandBenFan
03-29-2010, 01:21 AM
Another cute article (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/olympics/canadas-virtue-and-moir-laugh-off-not-so-gentle-nudges-from-fans-89329807.html) - expands on some of things they talked about in the Globe and Mail article