PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

kppt
03-27-2010, 03:48 AM
So pleased that V/M are finally world champs:) Also, glad that D/W won the FD with such a clean performance. It certainly was tight and it should have been. I like V/M's program better, but with Scott's mistake on the twizzles and the long lift, D/W did deserve the FD win. The twizzle thing was unfortunate though b/c I thought that V/M skated with more freedom than ever before. It had the potential to be a world record setting performance. Maybe this will entice them to stay???? Fingers crossed...

mishieru07
03-27-2010, 04:44 AM
Hmm I don't know why but I actually prefer their Worlds performance compared to the Olympics one, mistakes and all. It just felt more emotional, softer, sweeter, like their SC FD. I do agree with the judging though; D/W rightfully deserved to win.

I don't think I can ever see another dance team use this music and have the same emotional impact, however brilliant they may be. It's like Bolero and T/D; it's just not the same.

I hope that this imperfect skate will give them motivation to stay on. More than anything, I would love to see them (or D/W) continually set new WRs and push this sport to even greater heights. It's so rare that we get two wonderful pairs of dancers!

ITA that their OD is under-rated. I think a lot of people forget that above all, technical skills and execution are just as important. Their OD may not be as groundbreaking in terms of style, but there's no question that it's an extremely difficult and intricate piece.

I'm really curious to see how V/M will top their programmes. Don't disappoint me!!

ximianKernel
03-27-2010, 08:03 AM
on the French language station of CBC (Radio Canada) the lady who was interviewing Scott and Tessa asked them in English

=================================
Interviewer : You guys won absolutely everything possible, what is next for you guys, would you be competing next year? would you be doing shows? What's gonna happen?

Tessa : Well, we did not quite get that Grand Prix Final Title ....

Scott : (interjecting) We will be back!!

Tessa: .. but right now, we will just give ourselves some time to breathe, let it all sink in, get some rest and then perform some shows which will be great for us. We never done a tour before so we are looking forward to that.

Scott : We are going to Montreal, so see you guys there, we are so excited...

----

allezfred
03-27-2010, 12:43 PM
At the press conference yesterday, Scott said that he and Tessa were going together on holiday to Monaco for a week after Worlds.

clarie
03-27-2010, 01:03 PM
At the press conference yesterday, Scott said that he and Tessa were going together on holiday to Monaco for a week after Worlds.

Glad to hear it. They look as though they could use a bit on sunshine and R&R............maybe walk the topless beaches (they have them there don't they?) :lol: In fact it looks as though all the skaters could use a break....their bodies are young but there's only so much they can take without a breather.

I hope Pani is enjoying Worlds and gets to see and talk to Tessa and Scott....they are very approachable and friendly...........at least that is my experience.:)

bookworm
03-27-2010, 04:14 PM

Ah, one of the many moments I wish we had a smilie with one eyebrow raised.

mishieru07
03-27-2010, 04:52 PM

They definitely deserve a break, as do all of the skaters. The entire Worlds was so underwhelming! Monaco sounds like a lot of fun, I hope they finally get to relax and enjoy the fruits of their labour!

Thanks ximianKernel! Well that does make me feel slightly better about their chances of staying on! Who would have thought that not winning the GPF would light such a fire and propel them to work even harder (and maybe even stay on so they'll get a full set of titles)? Talk about blessing in disguise.

karen
03-27-2010, 08:14 PM
Tracy Wilson interviewed Tessa and Scott today on CBC. Unfortunately, I have a terrible memory, but here are a few things that were mentioned:

-Tessa says what Scott brings to the partnership is his humour. He apparently goes off and dances on his own at the end of practices (or something?)
-Scott says Tessa really calmed him down this week. Normally he can make jokes and lighten the mood, but he said he was very nervous here. They showed a close-up clip of Tessa talking to him at the side of the rink during Meryl and Charlie's skate. (Actually, you can see this going on if you watch D/W's FD.)
-Scott says he's enjoyed competing so much more this year because they were so prepared compared to last year, where they had 5 total runthroughs.
-Tessa says her favourite moment of the year was standing on the podium in Vancouver.
-Tessa was asked about plans for the future in terms of skating. She says they want to experiment with different types of music and dance in the future.

That's all I remember for now.

Editing to add: DFJ just mentioned in the Free Dance thread that this interview is now available on the CBC website. http://www.cbc.ca/sports/figureskating/

bookworm
03-27-2010, 08:45 PM
When Tracy asked them how their relationship had changed over the years (you'd think she at least would know better), Tessa said that they're best friends. Then she said "Over the last few months it's really gone to another level." Somebody's really got to tell these two that people are going to take these things in an entirely different way than they intend...

Shallwedance
03-27-2010, 09:05 PM
That link is still blocking me here in the US - the V/M interview. It will allow me to view the dance recap with Tracey Wilson/Kurt Browning and PJ Kwong.

DFJ
03-27-2010, 09:08 PM
That link is still blocking me here in the US - the V/M interview. It will allow me to view the dance recap with Tracey Wilson/Kurt Browning and PJ Kwong.

Does this work?

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Figure_Skating/ID=1453040225

maggylyn
03-27-2010, 09:13 PM
When Tracy asked them how their relationship had changed over the years (you'd think she at least would know better), Tessa said that they're best friends. Then she said "Over the last few months it's really gone to another level." Somebody's really got to tell these two that people are going to take these things in an entirely different way than they intend...

Sometimes I wonder if they're really that naive, or is it deliberate - you know, give the public what it seems to want. :rolleyes:

sap5
03-27-2010, 09:22 PM
Sometimes I wonder if they're really that naive, or is it deliberate - you know, give the public what it seems to want. :rolleyes:

No, I think it's just hard for them to explain their relationship in a way that people can understand it. At the same time, they're having fun with those people who just won't believe them no matter what they say.
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/more-sports/a-kiss-is-just-a-kiss/article1514572/

Shallwedance
03-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Does this work?

http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/Sports/Figure_Skating/ID=1453040225

Not for me, but thanks so much for trying. It starts to load then gives the "cannot be streamed outside of Canada" message on the screen. :(

DFJ
03-27-2010, 09:29 PM
Not for me, but thanks so much for trying. It starts to load then gives the "cannot be streamed outside of Canada" message on the screen. :(

Darn, sorry. :(