PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pingu
03-26-2010, 11:56 AM
During today's practice tessa was wearing the olympic dress, but I'm not sure she'll wear it in competition too because in the first CD practice she wore a new black dress while the one she had in competition was grey.
they looked very focused in every practice btw...and tessa's makeup yesterday was perfect, I also saw her outside the palavela after the OD and she was as beautiful as always ;)

Fallcolor
03-26-2010, 02:07 PM
Just watched their OD a few minutes ago on bold (a bit late :P) and it was marvelous, but preferred their olympic performance- sharper with more attack. Nevertheless i'm so glad they finally got a world record! I'm only a little sad that they didn't beat Navka/Kostamarov's CD world record, which will now be set in stone forever...

I really hope they decide to stay in for at least another season or two. I don't expect them to stay until Sochi but if they retire after Worlds, no matter the final outcome, I'll cry.
Me too!!! :wuzrobbed: They haven't won a gpf title yet so please...let that be their goal for next year. I'm hoping for a WR score later today for their FD, how sad this may be their last competition.

Anyone here who is actually at the palevala? updates/reports...? i'm literally going on youtube trying to watch practice clips of my fav skaters at worlds...but it's so brief. i really need to get a season pass next year :(

mishieru07
03-26-2010, 05:41 PM
During today's practice tessa was wearing the olympic dress, but I'm not sure she'll wear it in competition too because in the first CD practice she wore a new black dress while the one she had in competition was grey.
they looked very focused in every practice btw...and tessa's makeup yesterday was perfect, I also saw her outside the palavela after the OD and she was as beautiful as always ;)

Thanks for the report pingu! :) Did you watch them compete? What was your impression of them? (The crowd gave them standing O for their OD IIRC).

fallcolor, pani and icedancegirl are at Worlds as well! They're probably too busy to post but hopefully they'll give us post-trip reports! :D

Oh gosh I'm getting nervous. Ladies SP was a total train wreck urgh. The tech controller is crazy!

clarie
03-26-2010, 08:36 PM
Yep........I'm green with envy.......wish I was there, but glad Pani finally got to see V&M skate live............it makes a difference.

TalentedButHumble
03-26-2010, 09:07 PM
Just saw the back-to-back performances at Worlds. I just want to say what a privilege it is to be alive and a skating fan in the time of V/M & D/W. :respec:

sKATEr4life
03-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Canadian, Olympic & World Champions all in 2 months - what a ride these 2 have been on.

When I saw them in Kitchener in November I thought "how can they skate this free dance better than that?". Well in front of my very eyes I saw better in London, and again I thought "how can they skate this free dance better than that?" Which they did in Vancouver... today wasn't better than Vancouver but it was beautiful and powerful all the same.

The only blip this season is the only title they haven't won - GPF - I hope they win it next year!

ximianKernel
03-26-2010, 10:01 PM
Congrats to Tessa and Scott. Olympic and World Champions does have a nice ring to it.

It is has been a long season for them (and all the skaters) being an Olympic year, I hope they take in all what they achieved this season, enjoy it and for sure take their much needed downtime and relaxation

mishieru07
03-26-2010, 10:07 PM
I just want to say what a privilege it is to be alive and a skating fan in the time of V/M & D/W. :respec:

AMEN. We're very blessed as ice dance fans to have not one, but TWO wonderful teams!

Congratulations V/M!! :cheer2: Not SOTL (save that for your last dance please) but understandable given how the other skaters have been performing. It's still a whole lot better than the hot mess of Ladies SP.

Well pani adores V/M so I hope she had fun at Worlds!

Now that all is said and done with only the Gala left; PLEASE PLEASE stay in. Ice dance needs V/M and D/W to push this sport.

Protocols:
FD: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2010/wc10_IceDance_FD_Scores.pdf
OD: http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2010/wc10_IceDance_OD_Scores.pdf
CD:
http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2010/wc10_IceDance_CD_Scores.pdf

V/M have 14 10.00s; 3 in the OD and 11 in the FD. UNREAL!! :respec:

Found this on the fan livejournal: http://tv.eurosport.hu/figureskating/tv-videos_vid130521.shtml

Tessa's SO CUTE. I wonder what she was laughing at; she really couldn't stop giggling! :lol: I think that's the most I've ever seen her laugh!

whoa
03-27-2010, 12:06 AM
Hahah nvm. I should learn to read the post above me.
Love that clip.

bookworm
03-27-2010, 12:39 AM
Yay! Congratulations to them!

Tessa's SO CUTE. I wonder what she was laughing at; she really couldn't stop giggling! :lol: I think that's the most I've ever seen her laugh!

It must have been something Scott said - every time she looked at him she cracked up again.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-27-2010, 01:08 AM
A huge congratulations to V&M on becoming the new World Champions. What a year it's been for them and complaints about their programs aside their success has been well deserved. I'm very happy for them. :respec:

BellaSTRARSSA!
03-27-2010, 02:11 AM
Carmen, ITA in regards to the complaints about their programs, their OD has been a bit underrated vs. D/W very unique Bollywood. It's quite intricate, IMO, if not precisely authentic and they totally rocked it at the Olympics. The folk OD is such a broad category, it's like comparing apples to oranges.

I've been working long hours all week and could only check on my phone the results, so I was :confused: over 1 pt deduction, I suspected it was a lift, but I was thinking they'd called it illegal or something, since V&M have been changing lifts so much because of that very possibility. I haven't viewed the protocals yet, but from the pbp thread, it was probably the pause on their Goose that crossed the time limit?

But anyway, :respec: to Tessa & Scott for not just an amazing year, but an amazing quad. From Jr. World Champions to Olympic & World Champions in 4 years in ice dance is an amazing achievement!

JamieSix
03-27-2010, 02:46 AM
I love Virtue and Moir... so much.

I mean, I learned the lyrics to O Canada when they won the Olympics so THANK YOU to that! XD

cailuj365
03-27-2010, 02:50 AM
Wow! Congratulations V/M! Olympic and World Champions!!

:eek: That clip! Tessa was completely gone for the whole thing!

Fallcolor
03-27-2010, 02:55 AM
First of all I can finally relax and not have to worry anymore... V/M are world champions!! Congratulations to them for everything they've done in their career, and how great to hear them being introduced as World and Olympic Champions from now on. Their programs were spectacular and if there's one thing i'll remember it is their OD. Classy, original, full of gusto, what more can you ask for. Initially I was a bit eek at their romantic FD choice again but the more I see them develop it competition after competition the more I understand why they chose this music. This music is unique only to them and I think it was made for them to skate to.

Yeah I think it was the goose they must have got the deduction for. I was so nervous for Tessa-hardly ever seen her off balance! FD wasn't perfect but at least they peaked at the Olympics. Nevertheless, the rest of their elements was effortless, exquisite and moving. My favourite part of their FD is how their circular step sequence at the beginning didn't even look like a step sequence- it was full of turns and holds that was so difficult but it looks to me (still does) so simple, like 2 ordinary people just dancing...everything blends in together so perfectly I just forget this is an element they are being judged for. And props to Marina and Igor for building the foundation for them during the past 4 years. I just hope we will see more of them next season even if they aren't competing in Sochi.