PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

TalentedButHumble
03-22-2010, 09:52 PM
With all this talk of their youth, I must confess - until the pre-Olympics publicity began I had forgotten they were so young. You've heard of someone having an "old soul"? That's how their skating comes across to me - so mature it seems like they are much older than they are.
They're definitely going to have to reinvent how to look at a career, because they could still accomplish so much as eligibles.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-23-2010, 12:45 AM
Carmen, I hope you're right. I really enjoy P/B but I think they've been a mess this year, particularly in the FD. Did they put together one decent set of twizzles all season? (I am genuinely curious because I can't recall one.)

And I think you're right that it will help P/B that they are the top French couple and it will help F/S that they are Linichuk's top couple. We'll see if they bring the goods.

.....I'm still counting on Tessa and Scott to stay, though :)

I thought that P&B did pretty well with the twizzles. For some reason they (or rather Fabian) seemed to run out of steam trying to perform the choreography at the end of the program. It's a shame because the improvements in P&B's skating skills are amazing and I feel as if they are getting better each season. Before the mistakes the speed and smoothness throughout all the elements was impressive.

P&B may have had a twizzle mistake in one of the GP events but I recall it was the Kerr's who had twizzle issues almost all season.

With B&A now officially retired I'd like F&S to do at least one more season (along with V&M). I'd like to see how well they can do being Natalia's top international team (although they are officially trained by Angelika and Pasquale). As it is, Federica and Massi have a good shot at winning the bronze medal this week.

piano18
03-23-2010, 01:27 AM
I would imagine their training would be just as involved as the Shpilband group. Their coaches would know what has to be done to get them where they need to go. While D&W have speed and technical difficulty, I think F&S do some things better.

Of course it all depends on what the rules look like next season. If there are changes that help the other skaters as much as this years rules helped D&W.

yes I really like F/S this year, their programs and their skating. Making the move to Natalia Linichuk really helped, their CDs are pretty good actually, particularly the golden waltz they performed in China. I can't wait to see it at Worlds.

UGH so hard to be a fan of american ice dancing nowadays. Wish we could time warp judy blumberg and her partner to 2010, and bring back quality ice dancing!!

I really really love I/K, and hope they keep progressing into seniors 'cause I want to see them challenging for the title in Sochi, very polished, very mature,just very good quality skating. I think I prefer Elena to nathalie Pechalat, even. lol

flowerpower
03-23-2010, 02:40 AM
Well, here's another article....I guess Tessa and Scott feel they needed to respond to the runaway "retirement rumours"...

http://www.thestar.com/sports/wintersports/article/783697--dimanno-sunset-skate-not-on-horizon-for-virtue-and-moir

Notice the title "Sunset Skate Not on the Horizon".

Also, given Scott's "getting to second base" comment, they obviously read the Maclean's article (written by a middle-aged male journalist in a major Canadian magazine....which asked them if they could make out just a little in front of us all.....just to second base .... since their chemistry was reminiscent of the first two seasons of Moonlighting! :lol:).

ETA: Moonlighting was an extremely popular TV show starring Bruce Willis (back when he had hair) and Cybill Shepherd. who played partners in a detective agency. Their chemistry was smoking hot and people tuned in weekly just to watch the romantic tension.

mishieru07
03-23-2010, 09:51 AM
With all this talk of their youth, I must confess - until the pre-Olympics publicity began I had forgotten they were so young. You've heard of someone having an "old soul"? That's how their skating comes across to me - so mature it seems like they are much older than they are.
They're definitely going to have to reinvent how to look at a career, because they could still accomplish so much as eligibles.

They're incredibly mature for their age definitely. I would never guess that she's just 20 and he's 22! They act like they're a good 5 years older imo! :lol:

Thanks for the articles guys, makes me feel slightly better! It seems the reason for the indecision is simply because they haven't had the chance to sit down and talk things over. I don't think it's likely but I hope they'll commit to Sochi! And even then, they'll still be relatively young!

I'm sure they know that lots of people are shipping them ... I bet they read the "Open Letter" too and got a kick out of it. It's testament to their ability to sell their programme.

Haha IA about F/S; really like their programmes this season! I wish she'd stop doing the O face; it's distracting. P/B are wonderfully voidy but somehow I prefer the Kerrs, who will probably retire soon. Sigh.

Rgd I/K, I think it's entirely possible that they'll rise up the ranks quickly. They're very talented and will mostly likely be a threat come Sochi. One to watch for sure.

Thanks for the explanation on Moonlighting flowerpower! I was wondering what on earth it was and why people kept referencing it! :lol:

Few more hours to go before V/M skate the Golden Waltz! *sending good vibes their way*.

HisWeirness
03-23-2010, 03:05 PM
Photos from the CD:

http://www.daylife.com/search/photos/1/grid?q=virtue+moir+turin+compulsory

Bue
03-23-2010, 03:12 PM
Great start today, they were very strong in the CD and lead by .88! More drab, sad colours from Tessa, though. I have a feeling these dresses look a lot prettier in person. Unfortunately they just get lost on the ice.

Rafter
03-23-2010, 03:28 PM
I love Tessa's dress. Really pretty.

maggylyn
03-23-2010, 03:33 PM
Great start today, they were very strong in the CD and lead by .88! More drab, sad colours from Tessa, though. I have a feeling these dresses look a lot prettier in person. Unfortunately they just get lost on the ice.

Even so, the dress was a huge improvement, IMO, over her other GW dress, that long, black, funeral-looking one. At least this one looked more waltz-y, and it wasn't long and frumpy. (I guess I really hated that earlier dress. Lol)

It seems that this season Tessa forgot all about the existence of Colors!!

:P

ETA - I actually think this is a lovely dress. I'm just tired of seeing Tessa in these (non) colors.

Wyliefan
03-23-2010, 03:35 PM
The style of it is gorgeous. But I can see how the color wouldn't work on the ice, unfortunately.

iDanceonice
03-23-2010, 03:51 PM
Cute picture (http://tweetphoto.com/15509648) of V/M and D/W from Meryl's twitter after the compulsory. I'm so glad they are such good friends!

sKATEr4life
03-23-2010, 08:57 PM
great picture from twitter. Thanks iDanceonice!

shizuka
03-23-2010, 10:05 PM
Cute picture (http://tweetphoto.com/15509648) of V/M and D/W from Meryl's twitter after the compulsory. I'm so glad they are such good friends!
Aw how sweet. That's great they are such good friends. I wish B/A were here too..

shizuka
03-23-2010, 10:08 PM
Meryl and Tessa both have nice dresses but I would have to go with Meryl's colour. Its sharper.

bookworm
03-23-2010, 10:30 PM
My friend says when she looked at Jessica Dube's Facebook profile, she had changed her relationship staus to "single". Anybody know if this is true?