PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
03-02-2010, 08:21 PM
London Free Press - live streaming video powered by Livestream (http://www.livestream.com/lfpress?utm_source=lsplayer&utm_medium=flash&utm_campaign=clickbait)

Stream Tessa and Scott arrival - there lifes going crazy :D

icedance
03-02-2010, 09:16 PM
Awesome! Thanks Pani!

Bue
03-02-2010, 09:25 PM
Wow, live streaming Tessa and Scott's arrival at the airport... the London paper really has nothing to report on, does it? :lol:

If I watch this stream for more than a few minutes I am seriously going to start losing respect for myself...

pani
03-02-2010, 09:51 PM
If I watch this stream for more than a few minutes I am seriously going to start losing respect for myself...

:lol:

Tessa and Scott was really sweet with all this kids and give to all of them touch there medals :)
They will to to WCh - YEEESSSSS!!!!!

icedance
03-02-2010, 09:53 PM
that is a surreal experience :) But how cool, "That's the plan!" - about winning Worlds in Torino - and I'm gonna witness that live (sorry for boasting, but no major competition including Tessa and Scott is gonna take place in Europe next season, so I'm over the moon about Torino)

pani
03-02-2010, 10:02 PM
that is a surreal experience :) But how cool, "That's the plan!" - about winning Worlds in Torino - and I'm gonna witness that live (sorry for boasting, but no major competition including Tessa and Scott is gonna take place in Europe next season, so I'm over the moon about Torino)
I am tooo! For me its not important, will they win or no, but i hope to see them life/
Its sad, they talkk, that they didnt have a lot off sponsors yet

BellaSTRARSSA!
03-02-2010, 10:58 PM
I wonder if they might even use an outside choreographer at some point, just for a little variety.

I think there's a decent chance for this to happen. Allowing them to branch out a bit for at least next year or the year after shouldn't feel too risky to them or V&M at this point. It just depends on what they decide in regards to competing after this season; just one or two more seasons or trying to do the whole quad for Sochi.

I figure it would probably end up as a collaborative effort with an outside party when all is said and done.

OlieRow
03-03-2010, 01:07 AM
I feel maybe it will be hard for them to go to World championship.
Look, like they will have greate time at home! :)

I'm not convinced they won't decide it's too much to handle, especially if they continue to do media stuff between now and then. If they want to score endorsement deals, they can't wait a month until after Worlds, they'll be forgotten by the general public.

Anyway, here's an article that says Grey Goose vodka has named a drink after V&M :lol:
The Goose has place in cocktail lore - Winnipeg Free Press (http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/sports/olympics/print/the-goose-has-place-in-cocktail-lore-85937947.html)

New favorite drink?! I'll have to make the bartender fix one the next time I'm out.

I think there's a decent chance for this to happen. Allowing them to branch out a bit for at least next year or the year after shouldn't feel too risky to them or V&M at this point. It just depends on what they decide in regards to competing after this season; just one or two more seasons or trying to do the whole quad for Sochi.

I figure it would probably end up as a collaborative effort with an outside party when all is said and done.

I'm trying to prepare myself for them not continuing to compete and I keep thinking that they've won the sport's biggest prize, all that's left is to push the sport (aside from racking up medals). I'd love to see them do it under the COP, just to see what they could come up with, but even if they just skate in some shows they'll be able to explore other parts of their skating. So basically, I'd say there's a very good chance they'll collaborate and branch out, whether they're playing primarily to the COP or the crowd.

jl22aries
03-03-2010, 05:53 AM
I believe they have a contractual obligation to skate at worlds? Especially to help secure two spots for next year.

pani
03-03-2010, 08:51 AM
I believe they have a contractual obligation to skate at worlds? Especially to help secure two spots for next year.

They said they will go to WCh. And Scott said - to win gold at WCh is a plan :lol:

flowerpower
03-03-2010, 02:35 PM
The Globe and Mail had a beautiful colour photo of Tessa and Scott's London homecoming on the front page of the paper today. :)

It's one thing to be on the front page of the London Free Press (hometown paper, that's to be expected). But the Globe is often referred to as "Canada's National Newspaper"; it is published in Toronto and is sold across the country. This just demonstrates how well-known and well-respected they are becoming in Canada.

Rafter
03-03-2010, 04:53 PM
Here's a nice article and a bunch of photos on V&M arriving in London:
Solid gold welcome greets skating stars | London | News | London Free Press (http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/03/02/13087996-lfp.html)

pani
03-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Here's a nice article and a bunch of photos on V&M arriving in London:
Solid gold welcome greets skating stars | London | News | London Free Press (http://www.lfpress.com/news/london/2010/03/02/13087996-lfp.html)

Greate photos! They look really greate even if they didnt slept after there winig perfomance. They are so young.
I have 1 question for canadians. How do you think, what kind of contact could they have in Canada? Only CSOI or maby something else?

maggylyn
03-03-2010, 11:56 PM
Why are there two V/M threads?

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-04-2010, 01:49 AM
The other one was moved to the Olympic folder because there was discussion about Vancouver in it. I think.