PDA

View Full Version : Virtue & Moir #8.5 - And the Goose is Golden

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68

pani
03-11-2010, 10:23 PM
Also, I've gotten the impression that when Scott and Tessa talk about retirement it's about not skating together anymore at all because of wanting to do other things. If they'll still skate together, why retire?

Thats really interesting question. I cant understand, why they will not skate even in shows if they will retried? Tessa could go to the Universaty and in i think she could have time at leeast for shows.
For me its hard to imaging what Scott will doing if they will not skate even in shows. I have feeling, that he need to skate, because its his job and if he didnt want to go to college, what he could doing now?
I think he want to be a comedian :D

mishieru07
03-12-2010, 07:38 AM
I'm prepared to bet they'll go voidy again next season. I can see why they went back to romance but now that the pressure of winning Olympic Gold is off, they're "free" to explore artistically.

LOL at the Maclean's quote. :lol: Is the whole of Canada shipping those two? But yes, their chemistry is so good that their romance is utterly belivable.

My bad on mixing up the age requirements for Juniors (I'm always confused about this); thanks for clearing that up! On another note, I/K are leading J.Worlds by some 8 points and Paul/Islam have moved up to 2nd!! The Shibus dropped to 4th unfortunately, behind M/K. Sending good vibes to all the skaters! (For all we know, we might be looking at some of the Sochi medallists! :D)

Is it possible to petition to have V/M guest star on SYTYCD Canada? (The choreo for the two routines is AMAZING btw). I'd really like to see them dancing on the floor, whatever the theme might be. I'd love to see B/A and D/W on the US SYTYCD too!

pani
03-12-2010, 09:36 AM
My bad on mixing up the age requirements for Juniors (I'm always confused about this); thanks for clearing that up! On another note, I/K are leading J.Worlds by some 8 points and Paul/Islam have moved up to 2nd!! The Shibus dropped to 4th unfortunately, behind M/K. Sending good vibes to all the skaters! (For all we know, we might be looking at some of the Sochi medallists! :D)

Is it possible to petition to have V/M guest star on SYTYCD Canada? (The choreo for the two routines is AMAZING btw). I'd really like to see them dancing on the floor, whatever the theme might be. I'd love to see B/A and D/W on the US SYTYCD too!

Its look, like a lot off people think, that I-K is next V-M and will be champions in Sochi. I wonder - why russians didnt send them to JWCh year ago?
But i more surprized with P-I results at this JWCh. How long they are skating together? They improved so quikly - i will not be surprized with there hig results in future. I think Skate Canada will send them to Shpilband-Zueva scholl if V-M will retierd.
I think coaches didnt have time to work with Shibutanies fro this JWCh. I read Maia had problems on twizzles. But she is so young - they didnt need to go to seniors next season - they could win JWCh in 2011.
And yes - o wish to see Tessa adn Scott in some dance shows or ice shows, like "Battle of the blades".
And its interesting - maybe V-M will be motivated to stay, because someone could be younger OG champions? :)

Rafter
03-12-2010, 02:39 PM
But i more surprized with P-I results at this JWCh. How long they are skating together? They improved so quikly - i will not be surprized with there hig results in future. I think Skate Canada will send them to Shpilband-Zueva scholl if V-M will retierd.

Paul & Islam have been together about one year. He sat out all of last season waiting to find a partner (he previous partner, Joanna Lenko, had to quit skating because of illness). Paul skated with Jason Cheperdak last season and they did not too badly on the JGP IIRC.

As for P&I going to Zoueva, I'm not so sure about this. They are coached by Mitchell's dad, David Islam and I'm not sure he'll want to part with them. The big question mark for David Islam as a coach is political clout (internationally). If P&I do want to hit the big-time in seniors they'll probably have to switch at some point. But I don't know if they'd do it.

pani
03-12-2010, 02:57 PM
Paul & Islam have been together about one year. He sat out all of last season waiting to find a partner (he previous partner, Joanna Lenko, had to quit skating because of illness). Paul skated with Jason Cheperdak last season and they did not too badly on the JGP IIRC.

As for P&I going to Zoueva, I'm not so sure about this. They are coached by Mitchell's dad, David Islam and I'm not sure he'll want to part with them. The big question mark for David Islam as a coach is political clout (internationally). If P&I do want to hit the big-time in seniors they'll probably have to switch at some point. But I don't know if they'd do it.

Thank you! Did you saw OD video from oficcial JWCh site? If yes - who was with them. One of the coaches was Tyler Myles, but who was second? It was Michael dad?
I think for good results at seniors they need to be more polished, look more senior and have politick support from coach and fedaration. Will see what they will doing after this good at JWCh ;)

Rafter
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
Fan Q&A interview with V&M courtesy of NBC:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vLsTvL_bKNg

Scott must have been doing a lot of talking because he's losing his voice.

Time for Kids interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgb3uX6QlA

Bue
03-12-2010, 03:43 PM
LOL at the Maclean's quote. :lol: Is the whole of Canada shipping those two?

I am seriously starting to show my age. What does this mean, "shipping"? I am seeing it all over the place in the past couple of weeks and I have no idea what it is!!

I just booked tickets to Torino! Our seats for the free dance are absolutely terrible but I am so excited to see the polished version of Mahler. It was definitely a work in progress when I saw it at TEB and the people behind me were yapping through the entire performance so I didn't really appreciate it. I missed the OD there so I'm more excited to see that. :cheer: :cheer2:

Rafter
03-12-2010, 03:44 PM
Thank you! Did you saw OD video from oficcial JWCh site? If yes - who was with them. One of the coaches was Tyler Myles, but who was second? It was Michael dad?
I think for good results at seniors they need to be more polished, look more senior and have politick support from coach and fedaration. Will see what they will doing after this good at JWCh ;)

pani, no, I did not watch the video yet. I'll try to tonight. If the coach had darker coloured skin and spikey hair, that's him.

I think for seniors P&I will need to be more expressive and project more. They have good technique - they'll just need excellent choreo and more expression.

pani
03-12-2010, 03:55 PM
Time for Kids interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mwgb3uX6QlA

Wow! Greate kid - he wok like professional journalist? Its amazing. And i like, how Scotts dad talk with him :)

bookworm
03-12-2010, 07:33 PM
I am seriously starting to show my age. What does this mean, "shipping"? I am seeing it all over the place in the past couple of weeks and I have no idea what it is!!

It's a shortened form of "relationship", i.e. wishing for them to be an item.

Enthusiast
03-12-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks for both interviews!

JamieSix
03-12-2010, 10:52 PM
http://olympics.thestar.com/2010/article/760877--dimanno-moir-and-virtue-make-elegant-tandem Awesome article.

With an awesome quote:

While Moir is dating another member of the Canadian skating team, there are no jealousies afoot though some in their family circles still hope that romance might bloom with the dance couple.

sap5
03-12-2010, 11:07 PM
Isn't Rosie DiManno known for making up facts to suit her articles? I have trouble believing anything I read when I know she is the author.

Shallwedance
03-12-2010, 11:35 PM
Isn't Rosie DiManno known for making up facts to suit her articles? I have trouble believing anything I read when I know she is the author.

She's awful. She'll attend the same press conference as a dozen other news outlets, whether figure skating or some other topic, and her version is always full of conclusions and opinion masquerading as information.

Google her sometime -she's very popular. :rolleyes:

maggylyn
03-13-2010, 12:12 AM

It's a shortened form of "relationship", i.e. wishing for them to be an item.

Ohhh - I had finally figured out what it probably meant but I had no idea where it came from.

This kind of stuff makes me feel old, too.

:lol: