PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

screech
03-07-2010, 06:24 AM
Anna tweeted a photo taken by Jonathan Roberts of her and Evan in a dance hold
http://img705.yfrog.com/i/eu3w.jpg/

Is it bad that all I can think is 'You're invading my dance space! This is my dance space, that's yours.' And 'hey, my frame! Spaghetti arms...'

Not that he has spaghetti arms - those are 'strong' arms if I've ever seen them. I hope he relaxes a bit though... They look like they're having fun with each other. Her smile makes me think of Katia.

Zokko!
03-07-2010, 12:50 PM
Does that mean Lysacek will actually "do" something with choreography & music, for the very first time? :D :lol:

LuckyCharm
03-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Anna tweeted a photo taken by Jonathan Roberts of her and Evan in a dance hold
http://img705.yfrog.com/i/eu3w.jpg/

Is it bad that all I can think is 'You're invading my dance space! This is my dance space, that's yours.' And 'hey, my frame! Spaghetti arms...'

Not that he has spaghetti arms - those are 'strong' arms if I've ever seen them. I hope he relaxes a bit though... They look like they're having fun with each other. Her smile makes me think of Katia.

:lol:Yes, that is bad.

Glide2
03-08-2010, 07:18 AM
Wheee. I saw the commercial today with Evan and rest of the new season cast. Can't wait!

danceronice
03-08-2010, 09:07 PM
They're doing Standard/Smooth. If you've got so much body contact you'd think you're on a good date...that's your dance space. (Johnny was teaching Baby beginner mambo frame. You touch a lot less. Also I spend half that movie screaming at Johnny to stop hunching his shoulders. Then again, he WAS an Arthur Murray six-week wonder, so... ;) )

Morelli
03-10-2010, 01:09 PM
I almost wish I paid for Sky TV so I could watch his progress. He is a little tall for her as far as the Standard dancing goes, but if he can maintain the body contact they have on the twitter picture when they get moving, he should do well.

I will be very interested to see if his learning latin and ballroom will have a positive effect on his skating. I really don't enjoy watching his programms, despite him being a classy, solid skater and I think that comes down to his relationship with his music. Hopefully, working his body to different rhythms while not having to concentrate on skating elements will help take his skating to the next level artistically.

screech
03-10-2010, 01:21 PM
I almost wish I paid for Sky TV so I could watch his progress. He is a little tall for her as far as the Standard dancing goes, but if he can maintain the body contact they have on the twitter picture when they get moving, he should do well.

When he was on George Lopez's show yesterday he said that his height has been a bit of an issue, causing him to occasionally knee her in the chest or legs. But I think it's clumsiness (combined with his height). He was kind of awesome in the interview, joking about his ineptitude as a partner and how he tries to ignore what she's doing, and after hearing it so much from Frank, when she tries to get him to work on his posture he just lets it go in one ear and out the other. Plus he looked super hot in the interview, even when George joked that he pads his costumes...

Evan on Lopez Tonight (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bb4RX24k310)

danceronice
03-10-2010, 06:00 PM
Oh, I could believe it's height/length, combined with getting used to Standard. Even for an ice dancer that's an adjustment (you're in body contact from about mid-chest to mid-thigh.) All of a sudden there's this WHOLE OTHER CENTER OF GRAVITY RIGHT THERE and if you get the swing and the stride wrong--well, I've stepped on and kicked my poor pro a LOT. If there's a big height or even proportion difference it's even more awkward. Skaters aren't clumsy. Ballroom is just a whole new body language for anyone, especially Standard. Even people who've done other dance styles have problems as it's so much more about partnering than any other kind of dance (except AT.)

JTS
03-10-2010, 07:27 PM
I wonder if he is going to be as clutzy dancing as he is skating; I feel sorry for Anna. I see him as sloppy, awkward and clutzy.

Spareoom
03-10-2010, 07:39 PM
Nice clip of Evan dancing. :) I agree with another poster (I think in the other DwtS thread) that Evan looks a bit too loose, but I'm sure he can make it look more crisp in the actual performance.

RIskatingfan
03-10-2010, 09:44 PM
Evan and Anna's DWTS Portrait (http://www.accesshollywood.com/content/images/114/400x400bd/114693_evan-lysacek-brings-his-mens-figure-skating-gold-medal-to-his-dancing-season-10-cast-shot-with-anna-trebunskaya.jpg) :rofl: Oh the cheese, I love it! :lol:

Can't wait to see this lol!

barbk
03-10-2010, 09:52 PM
:rofl: Oh the cheese, I love it! :lol:

Can't wait to see this lol!

When does the tv broadcast start?

Garden Kitty
03-11-2010, 12:59 AM
When does the tv broadcast start?

I think March 22nd.

victorskid
03-12-2010, 01:04 AM
Has this already been posted? Interview with Evan & Anna that includes some dance practice footage (Viennese waltz IIRC):
http://www.whiotv.com/etonline/22782578/detail.html

GoldenMichelle
03-12-2010, 01:38 AM
“I think people will be surprised to know I’ve never had dance training,” he told Billy. “There are challenges I wasn’t expecting — everything rotates on the floor clockwise and on the ice, we rotate everything counterclockwise. [But] my partner’s great and she’s so patient with me and she’s a drill sergeant which is what I respond best to.”

If he can learn to do this well it could certanly come in handy in his skating. Especially when it comes to footwork.