PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

kwanfan1818
03-02-2010, 05:48 PM
Obviously, DWTS is paying him enough to make it worth his while. ;) And I think his PR team (part of IMG, that runs SOI) realizes the exposure will benefit him more in the long run. A lot of people watched the Olys, but I bet even more follow (or are at least familiar with) DWTS. This gives him a chance to get mainstream exposure and gain fans outside his niche market.
I think they realize that his exposure from DWTS will benefit ticket sales for the shows he does do, as well as possibly sell tickets for next year in the cities he does miss.

I hope he brings along a masseur, though. He's going to be one sore guy.

query5
03-02-2010, 05:52 PM
when did he sign on-apparently he signed on with dwts before the vancouver olympics--

anyways good luck.
good competition for him/

Cherub721
03-02-2010, 07:31 PM
It was announced on Good Morning America this morning that he has been paired with Trebunskaya. I think this could be a good pairing and she deserves a partner with a real chance of winning.

YES!!! I love Anna and I've always wanted to see her get a real partner. This should be an awesome pairing.

missflick
03-03-2010, 02:07 AM
On Entertainment Tonight Canada, one of the male contestants said "I'm gonna prove that real men do wear sequins". :lol:

Are you listening, Evan? ;)

RunnersHigh
03-03-2010, 03:38 AM
^ No way, Evan is busy (http://mlbpark.donga.com/data/fileUpload/201003/1267577713.gif). :lol:

cheriepopo
03-03-2010, 05:31 AM
Wow! Evan with some choreography and dance lessons for the first time in his life! :D

exactly what I wanted to say!:D and it will definitely help his eligible skating career too, if he continues:D:respec:

Sasha'sSpins
03-03-2010, 01:52 PM
^ No way, Evan is busy (http://mlbpark.donga.com/data/fileUpload/201003/1267577713.gif). :lol:

Aww! :)

Cupid
03-03-2010, 01:54 PM
I almost wish he had been paired with Cheryl Burke (who has exciting choreo) or Edyta (simply because she's so beautiful). Wasn't Anna the one with the boring choreo last season?

screech
03-03-2010, 02:18 PM
Everything I've seen on the internet/on TV so far has predicted Evan to be in the final 2 (with Nicole Scherlkjsdlkfjlasd). I think he's doing a lot to help his case too, what with doing the top 10 list on Letterman (where he showed some great personality, especially with his 'wheeeeee!') and all his appearances - he comes off very affable, and since he is attractive as well, whether he's a spectacular dancer or not, I think he'll do decently. I can see Carrie-Ann crushing on him and Bruno making awesome inappropriate comments about his butt and things like that.

I'm looking forward to seeing him shaking it in colours, tight pants and sequins.

ArtisticFan
03-03-2010, 02:38 PM
I almost wish he had been paired with Cheryl Burke (who has exciting choreo) or Edyta (simply because she's so beautiful). Wasn't Anna the one with the boring choreo last season?

Anna's choreography is not that bad, but she usually ends up with most of the duds as far as celebs go. The dances that she designed for Jerry Rice during her first season were actually quite good, as they hid a lot of his imperfections but still made him dance.

Her pairing with Albert Reed was doomed from the start since he had no fan base, but I remember people were excited by their first dance together because it was very good. She wound up with Steve Guttenberg for her third season, which was better for the fanbase but he lacked the ability and willingness to work. Not to mention her getting sick the week of their tango. Most recently she had Chuck Liddell. Her choreography was watered down for him because of his size and ability. Still she made him dance unlike other pros on the show who would have just had him stand there and dance around him.

Anna's skills are very good. She just typically gets outshined by others who are bit more flashy on the show. I think she's a good choice for Evan. Cheryl has quite a bit of negative feelings toward her by fans of the show and Edyta's dancing is great but her choreography has been weak even when she has had a contender.

Cherub721
03-03-2010, 02:45 PM

You might be thinking of Anna Demidova (blonde, very tall girl who won the America's choice for a pro contest the previous season) who paired with Michael Irvin.

Anna Trebunskaya is the red-head who is married to Jonathan Roberts and often partners him in pro dances, and danced with Chuck Liddell last season. Her choreography for him was pretty good considering his limitations. I liked their tango and country two step, and their mambo was selected for one of the encore dances because it was wildly funny.

danceronice
03-03-2010, 03:25 PM
I always have to lol at the 'sequins' thing when n00bs talk about figure skating or dancing! At least Evan knows, going in, they're not SEQUINS, they're RHINESTONES. Swarovski or Preciosa, unless you're being tacky, too.

skatemommy
03-03-2010, 04:02 PM
I always have to lol at the 'sequins' thing when n00bs talk about figure skating or dancing! At least Evan knows, going in, they're not SEQUINS, they're RHINESTONES. Swarovski or Preciosa, unless you're being tacky, too.

too funny!

aymkjb88
03-03-2010, 06:17 PM
Evan is busy (http://mlbpark.donga.com/data/fileUpload/201003/1267577713.gif). :lol:

OMG, that's the CUTEST thing EVERRR! :swoon::swoon::swoon:

I'm so happy for Evan, but his schedule in the next 2-3 months will be INSANE! Hopefully he can pull everything off as brilliantly as he did in the Olympics. :respec::respec::respec: Good luck Evan!

His top 10 list on Letterman show is so funny, this boy does have great personality, he just need to show it off more! :encore::smokin::biggrinbo

Wheeeee!!! :kickass::kickass::kickass:

screech
03-04-2010, 12:09 PM
I like this article about him doing DWTS http://www.accesshollywood.com/evan-lysacek-on-his-dwts-cast-mates-buzz-aldrin-could-probably-bench-press-me_article_29705. He talks about his love of black:

“The celebs and the pro dancers have a lot of input on what they want to wear. I’m going to try but my partner [Anna Trebunskaya] has already said, ‘There are certain dances where you can’t wear black.’”

And he says he's not going to slick back his hair as much (I think his hair should be a la Top 10 List). In a different article he also says he'll spray tan it up if he needs to - he's going in all the way, doing whatever it takes. Hee hee just a few weeks!

ETA: Evan has tweeted about DWTS!

So sore from training my dance moves today. It's a lot harder than I thought. My partner Anna is awesome. We're having a blast.