PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

ArtisticFan
03-02-2010, 03:34 PM
It was announced on Good Morning America this morning that he has been paired with Trebunskaya. I think this could be a good pairing and she deserves a partner with a real chance of winning.

Capella
03-02-2010, 03:35 PM
I posted the partners in this (http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showpost.php?p=2676866&postcount=133) thread. Evan is with Anna Trebunskaya, the fiesty Russian redhead.

Garden Kitty
03-02-2010, 03:40 PM
This could also be good publicity for SOI. I bet we see fluff pieces of Anna and Evan training in different cities on the SOI tour and I hope we even see some of the other cast members in the fluff pieces.

azskatefan
03-02-2010, 03:47 PM
His partner is Anna Trebunskaya: http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2010/03/02/lysacek-dancing-with-trebunskaya/

Whoops - I see I was late to the party but oh well. :)

LuckyCharm
03-02-2010, 03:56 PM
:cheer2: I love Anna! She's very protective of her partners. I would love to see her win the trophy. I hope they don't go overboard playing up the Russian aspect.:rolleyes:

ross_hy
03-02-2010, 04:11 PM
According to this article (http://www.usatoday.com/life/television/news/2010-03-02-DWTS02_online_ST_N.htm), Evan signed on before winning the gold in Vancouver. I'm still not sure about partnering him with Anna, but good luck to them anyway.

barbk
03-02-2010, 04:14 PM
Hmmm...I hope he doesn't injure himself too badly. Kristi had a very strong pairs background, and a tremendous amount of SOI experience -- she was used to being lifted, used to working with a partner, and used to dealing with new choreography on a frequent basis. I don't see Evan as being in the least a slam dunk, though I agree it might be good in terms of helping him develop some other styles. I wonder how he's going to take to being criticized?

LuckyCharm
03-02-2010, 04:16 PM
I wonder how he's going to take to being criticized?

He's worked with Frank Carroll for years. I think he will handle it fine.

Yazmeen
03-02-2010, 04:20 PM
Cute comment from the Comments section in the USA Today article:

[QUOTE]Prediction: When (if?) Evan Lysacek wins, Evgeni Plushenko will throw a hissy fit and declare a Russian Cosmonaut the winner becuase they were the first to do a quadruple rotation around the Earth.[ENDQUOTE]

I think Buzz Aldrin would get a grin out of that!!!

Cheylana
03-02-2010, 04:32 PM
I hope Evan doesn't injure himself. Seems like DWTS causes contestants to get hurt every season! :/

manleywoman
03-02-2010, 04:37 PM
I hope Evan doesn't injure himself. Seems like DWTS causes contestants to get hurt every season! :/

Me too, though being National/World/Olympic champion, was he really going to come back to compete again? If ever there were a time to risk injury, now would be it.

danceronice
03-02-2010, 04:37 PM
Aww! This is going to be tough for me!

Buzz Aldrin is a hero! I love astronauts! Maybe those of his generation who may be watching will send in the votes for Buzz. :hat1:

Some of us from a YOUNGER generation will be splitting our votes between Evan and "Dr. Rendezvous." (Some of us from that generation even get the nickname. Okay, so some us have dads who worked on Project Gemini at McDonnel. Still.)

Hair: Evan's the only male skater whose hair I approve of. (Floppy hair is annoying and sloppy. Dancers know how to lock it in place. Evan has a head start.) And I STILL cannot see anyone on DWTS with too much fake tan, except...I think was that one Derek ended up dating. The girl who cried about the judges. She got the wrong tanner and a bad dye job on her hair and ended up looking all one tan color. Really, you have to go dark in ballroom or you just look washed-out. Especially Latin. The trick is finding the brand that doesn't turn you funny colors. (I wear Aerotan Sex Symbol over ProTan. On me? Nice toasty gold. On my roommate who gave me her old can of Aerotan last Ohio? Turns her orange. And some people ProTan just turns green. Rather like hair dyes, skin/hair chemistry matters.)

I suspect Evan's work ethic is going to stand him in good stead. His issue is he'll have it harder than Kristi--his role is he either has to learn to fake moving while standing there making his partner look good (ie most men on DWTS who aren't Apolo) or actually learn some leading and partnering (Anna T. will MAKE him.) Which is really freakin' hard. There's a reason men starting in dance have a much more difficult time at the outset. Evan's never had to lead or frame before.

But critiques? After Frank Carrol, does anyone think Bruno going on about bears in swamps or booty shaking is really going to phase him?

deltask8er
03-02-2010, 05:01 PM
I don't know if I'll recognize him if he doesn't wear an all-black costume :lol: .

danceronice
03-02-2010, 05:26 PM
I don't know if I'll recognize him if he doesn't wear an all-black costume :lol: .

Maybe Evan can clobber them with some black. Most ballroom pros wear more black than Evan to compete, and if they don't, it better look REALLY good or they take crap for it. The stuff they get put in on DWTS (like the hideous mariachi sleeves for samba or skating-esque character costumes) are REALLY dated and tacky compared to what most men in dancesport are currently wearing. You have to be either really awesome or totally clueless to get away with things like head-to-toe red. (Though at the UK open there'll be some....loud..men's outfits, mostly because first rounds can have a hundred couples in them and you want to get noticed any way you can.)

The women, on the hand, generally come off okay (and I wonder if that's because there is no way on Earth they could resell the female equivalent of samba sleeves, and the majority of the DWTS dresses are consigned back to Randall after the show? By comparison to what's out there in pro, am, and even pro-am, ladies' costumes for DWTS are mostly pretty staid and tasteful.)

kwanfan1818
03-02-2010, 05:44 PM
Watch his Singin' in the Rain LP and Sway EX. :P
I have ;)