PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27

orbitz
05-28-2010, 07:31 AM
I don't think Lacey has gotten any potential winners either.

Lance Bass was a ringer for Lacey.

Polymer Bob
05-28-2010, 11:58 AM
I have to admit, I don't watch the show. Do the judges decide who wins, or do the viewers vote?

cruisin
05-28-2010, 02:37 PM
Kethryn2001, the show is always that way. I totally agree it's not fair. Was it fair for 24 year old Olympic champion skater Evan to compete with 80 year old creaky Buzz Aldrin? Nobody is wawaing about him. The deck is always stacked up to a point. People may remember Joey Fatone (oogie shiver) He was a dancer in a pop group. Nsync danced like mad. Just like the PCD. It wasn't ballroom but they were used to learning choreography and they were in super shape already. Well maybe not Joey. He was always a porkchop. lol Melissa Rycroft danced and was a cheerleader. Those people are used to choreography and learning routines quickly. The whole setup of the show is basically not fair.

Exactly! No one seemed to mind that Kristi won. She had skated with a partner, so she had extensive experience in choreography, movement, and partnering. No, she didn't have experience in ballroom dancing, but she still had a significant advantage. I don't get the beating up on Nicole and the poor inexperienced Evan stuff.

REO
05-28-2010, 02:45 PM
I have to admit, I don't watch the show. Do the judges decide who wins, or do the viewers vote?

Supposedly it's a combination of the two and I believe it is.

orbitz, I forgot about Bass. Another hiphop dancer. I have trouble remembering who partnered who and also who the runners up were further back than the last couple of seasons.

hongligl
05-28-2010, 03:14 PM
It's over, my two cents:

Nicole is absolutely the best, very deserved winner. I didn't know about her until I saw her on the show, not even heard about her, and I noticed her on the first sight. IMO it's her talent alone that earned her the trophy.

Evan did very well, he was a deserving second. Hopefully what he learned from the show can help transforming his skating.

Erin is disgusting, all the way down to the way she dance, stand, talk, to her personality.

Kate was a joke. She needs to know that everybody has his/her limit. Go take care of your children, Kate. Why does she think that she's a celebrity? If it was judged fairly by both the judges and the public, she should be the top two to be out of the show.

Yazmeen
05-28-2010, 04:24 PM
OK, I have to ask, what is up with the Erin hatred I've seen, not only here, but on other sites, especially from WOMEN??? There seems to be this, "I don't care what happened to her, she's a tramp" undertone relating to everything about her - her sports work, what happened with that low life peeping tom and even with her dancing and DWTS costumes. Some of the comments I've read seem to border on "she brought that peeping incident on herself, she has no right to be on DWTS" nastiness which I wonder isn't flat out jealousy of her being in the limelight. She struck me as someone truly scarred by that violation of her privacy which added more insecurities on to the ones she already had. Yes, she was obstinate and whiny sometimes, but certainly no Kate, and its obvious that she and Max were close and very glad to be paired up. I thought she did a great job on the show and was an asset to the season. What is it about her that bugs so many people? I just don't get it.

cruisin
05-28-2010, 04:40 PM
OK, I have to ask, what is up with the Erin hatred I've seen, not only here, but on other sites, especially from WOMEN??? There seems to be this, "I don't care what happened to her, she's a tramp" undertone relating to everything about her - her sports work, what happened with that low life peeping tom and even with her dancing and DWTS costumes. Some of the comments I've read seem to border on "she brought that peeping incident on herself, she has no right to be on DWTS" nastiness which I wonder isn't flat out jealousy of her being in the limelight. She struck me as someone truly scarred by that violation of her privacy which added more insecurities on to the ones she already had. Yes, she was obstinate and whiny sometimes, but certainly no Kate, and its obvious that she and Max were close and very glad to be paired up. I thought she did a great job on the show and was an asset to the season. What is it about her that bugs so many people? I just don't get it.

I don't think she was a particularly good dancer, but I don't get the personal attacks either. She was violated, I don't understand how she brought that on herself. The only criticism that I have, in light of what had happened to her, is this: maybe the freestyle dance on the bed was a poor choice. I still don't see that as "asking for it". But it had a bit of a voyeuristic feel to it, which might have been ill conceived. She is a beautiful woman, though, and other women love to hate beautiful women - jealousy raises it's ugly head. She'll be fine, as I said, she's beautiful, she's smart, she's successful, and she has a great family. DWTS is fluff, we need to remember that :D.

screech
05-28-2010, 05:03 PM
One of the reasons I personally 'wanted' to dislike her is because shortly after the peeping tom thing, I think just a few weeks later, she had made a 911 call or something and when asked to state her name she did and then said 'I've been on the news a lot lately. The peeping tom incident?' I had no fondness for her before the show started.

But that said, once I saw her interactions with Maks I couldn't help but want her to do well, and I've completely come around on her after seeing her on DwtS. No, she wasn't an amazing dancer (neither was Evan) but to me, no matter what her 'claim to fame' I found her very likeable. I don't know if I would feel the same if she were with someone other than Maks and not having their awesome interactions, but I couldn't help but like her.

sk8muse
05-28-2010, 05:48 PM
Out of context, I think the whole "bed dance" may seem either an odd or inappropriate choice; however, Erin was psychologically traumatized by a voyeur who was spying on her most private and intimate moments. She was not a willing or knowing participant in those voyeuristic acts. Inevitably, she lost a great sense of control over her life and her privacy when those acts became public knowledge. Many times, victims of psychological trauma will make a conscious effort to take control of the very thing they feel was taken away from them. I imagine that in doing the bed dance, Erin felt like she was able to take back a great deal of control of a personal aspect of her life, and how it would be viewed publically. I hope she found it both therapeutic and a great deal of fun.

cruisin
05-28-2010, 06:11 PM
Out of context, I think the whole "bed dance" may seem either an odd or inappropriate choice; however, Erin was psychologically traumatized by a voyeur who was spying on her most private and intimate moments. She was not a willing or knowing participant in those voyeuristic acts. Inevitably, she lost a great sense of control over her life and her privacy when those acts became public knowledge. Many times, victims of psychological trauma will make a conscious effort to take control of the very thing they feel was taken away from them. I imagine that in doing the bed dance, Erin felt like she was able to take back a great deal of control of a personal aspect of her life, and how it would be viewed publically. I hope she found it both therapeutic and a great deal of fun.

I hope it was as well thought out by Erin and Maks as it is by you. And I mean that in a very complimentary way :).

REO
05-28-2010, 08:03 PM
I doubt Erin and Max thought about the dance in the same way as sk8muse. I think they just thought they needed to do something really different to get ahead. I didn't like the "bed dance" just because it didn't appeal to me as a dance, but as for her right to do it or the propriety for her to do it, I say go Erin! I think sk8muse is totally right in what he/she said and that the show was good for Erin if only so she could focus on something new and fun. I haven't been on any DWTS sites but I'm suprised that she gets flak for anything. I know that Crackpot Hasselbeck on the View said something about her costumes, considering her circumstances, but why should Erin wear anything different than the other girls? None of what happened to her was her fault so she shouldn't have to compensate for someone else's crime. Some people have no empathy whatsoever.

Yazmeen
05-28-2010, 09:01 PM
Prime example of what I'm talking about: another female reporter goes postal on Erin:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/05/erin-andrews-gets-ripped-again-by-female-columnist/1

pixie cut
05-28-2010, 09:05 PM
When the peephole video and images hit the net, there were people who accused Erin of doing it herself for attention. She doesn't seem to catch a break.

Some years ago, Meredith Vierra, when she was on 60 Minutes, posed for some sexy photos and everyone ripped her a new one.

Apparently, serious FEMALE journalists are not supposed to have fun or show their femininity.

BittyBug
05-28-2010, 09:19 PM
Prime example of what I'm talking about: another female reporter goes postal on Erin:

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2010/05/erin-andrews-gets-ripped-again-by-female-columnist/1Consider the source. The New York Daily News is hardly a paragon of journalism.

cruisin
05-28-2010, 10:14 PM
Consider the source. The New York Daily News is hardly a paragon of journalism.

No, it's a rag, not to be taken seriously at all.

REO, please don't take me wrong, I don't think she did anything wrong. And I completely agree with you. The bed dance just felt a little icky to me. But it felt icky when the same concept was used in Center Stage. It just seemed that Erin would want to distance herself from a voyeurish kind of thing. But, if it was cathartic, good for her.