PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27

aymkjb88
05-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Evan and Anna, post finale interview, very sweet

http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7463694&section=on_the_red_carpet

Anna is getting emotional: "I'll never have this experience ever, ever, again."

They're such a great couple and obviously built up a close bond and so much respect to each other during the show, they'll be bff. :swoon:

They did a great job on both Good Morning America and Regis and Kelly, always being so humble and gracious. I hope Evan could get some much needed rest after the show, he surely will have lots of nice offers on his plate, wish him all the best, because he deserves all the wonderful things!

danceronice
05-27-2010, 04:38 PM
Neither passion nor unison has anything to do with it. (Salesmanship, on the other hand, is a big thing. Nicole didn't sell it and I didn't believe her in the clips.) Unison is not a standard (unless it's a deliberately choreographed side-by-side move.) It's about how they use their feet and bodies. Nicole dances like a PCD. Evan (and to a lesser degree, Erin) looked like they learned how to dance properly. That's why the "BEST DANCER EVAH!" is totall BS. Kristi would blow Nicole off the floor in a fairly-judge ballroom competition. Though Kristi had a better pro as well.

Nicole did some nice theatrical routines. But she's not that great at ballroom.

And I hope Derek joins his sister in a futile quest for a music career. Mark at least is a good dancer when he's not goofing off (though I suppose genetically Mark had to either be AWESOME or totally inept--he's practically purpose-bred.) That, or Derek is LONG overdue for a clunker. Julianne got one after Trophy #2, so maybe that's next.

Polymer Bob
05-27-2010, 04:58 PM
Maybe figure skating doesn't teach the graceful elegance, the subtle movements, the delicate artistry needed to win a dance contest.

These things can only be learned from short-track!! :eek:

TalentedButHumble
05-27-2010, 05:21 PM
I hope Evan could get some much needed rest after the show, he surely will have lots of nice offers on his plate, wish him all the best, because he deserves all the wonderful things!
Well, maybe *only* doing this week's SOI and next week in Korea will seem like a vacation compared to the schedule recently. ;)

Yazmeen
05-27-2010, 05:43 PM
Actually I agree about Erin and Max being the most likeable pair personality-wise. I don't know how you can judge someone's passion for something except by their vitality and the energy they put toward it. I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about technically when it comes to ballroom dancing but for me she showed both those things. None of the contestants went in knowing ballroom so maybe danceronice is right about her technique flaws but somebody voted for her including the judges who do have knowledge of the art of ballroom. I'm just sick of the sour grapes. She was voted and judged the best. She has the trophy. I think it was the right choice.

REO, I think a lot of what you call "sour grapes" have to do with the way it ended, not the result. I can see where many are upset that the judges seemed to be doing everything possible to put Nicole on top and had a sense that the judges absolutely didn't want another popular vote trumping who they thought was the best dancer as happened before (Donny, Shawn, etc). The over the top adoration for Nicole at the end by the judges was also annoying - there was just no suspense as with previous seasons and I can imagine how that may have made Erin/Max and Evan/Anna feel. Geez, why have the finale, they may as well have just handed Nicole the trophy when the show started on Tuesday. Worst of all was Len, it was beyond inappropriate of him to tell Nicole she should be the winner before Evan and Anna danced their final dance. I don't care how he felt, that was disgusting. This was supposed to be at least something of a contest up until the end. Evan and Anna were especially gracious with their second place finish after that crap.

danceronice
05-27-2010, 08:13 PM
Worst of all was Len, it was beyond inappropriate of him to tell Nicole she should be the winner before Evan and Anna danced their final dance. I don't care how he felt, that was disgusting. This was supposed to be at least something of a contest up until the end. Evan and Anna were especially gracious with their second place finish after that crap.

This is another big thing (beyond Derek the tool). Len is usually the most impartial of the judges--we expect hyperbole from Carrie Anne and Bruno (seriously, at this point, CAI will ALWAYS be "moved to tears" over some dance--if this makes her cry the girl needs to up her meds--and Bruno leaps from his chair at LEAST once an episode.) But Len was way out of line with that before the other competitor had even danced. It would not matter if that was Erin or Evan. Going on after that would have been awful even if the next competitor had been a rehash of Marie and her doll dance. What could they say about anyone else's performance at that point? Even Tom seemed to be getting a little uncomfortable with it Monday and Tuesday (but he might just have been picking up on the audience, who for example seemed unhappy with the lukewarm reaction to Evan and Anna's freestyle.) How do you joke with the contestants at that point? (Yeah, Brooke was all smiles, but she's been hanging on Derek all season. Give it up, honey, you are not his star pupil any more.)

REO
05-27-2010, 09:52 PM
Well I think the trophy WAS hers from the start. Evan was her strongest competition and he did great but no cigar. Just like Giles and Maya. I do not pretend to know anything about ballroom as far as technique and the finer points are concerned and I would bet that is the case for 99.9% of the voters. I know who I connect with and who seems like the most confident smoothest graceful dancer to me. Danceronice can tell me all kinds of supposed expertise but it means nada to me. I liked her from the start and she won. Perhaps the judges did make it so second best couldn't win. In my opinion that happened the last two seasons. It should have been Giles and Maya. I was peeved those two seasons because the people I perceived as best didn't win.
The three judges were hired by the show to judge. They must have something in their resumes to recommend them. That's all I have to go by as far as professional ratings. I do agree with Yazmeen that Len's remark was a shocker. I felt bad for Evan that he had to dance after that. Maybe he didn't hear it. He was backstage waiting to go on. If he did, it had to take some of the wind out of his sails. Len should have kept that opinion to himself till afterward. Maybe next season one of the judges will retire and danceronice can take their place lol

Iceman
05-27-2010, 10:24 PM
IMHO You could always see Nicole's mind going, i.e. she over thought her dances, making them lack spontaneity. But she was excellent. For me the move I will always remember was the one in which Erin jumped off the stage and landed straddled on Max's shoulder, one leg going down his back. That could have gone so wrong.

REO
05-28-2010, 12:10 AM
I think you are right about that being the move everyone will remember from this season. That and the bed rolling free dance. They were a very innovative couple.

kwanfan1818
05-28-2010, 04:21 AM

He was sporting his (young) Keanu Reeves look in that interview.

Kathryn2001
05-28-2010, 04:48 AM
A lurker throwing in my 2 cents here. I agree with Swingdancer; I felt it was unfair to the other celebrities that Nicole had obviously had plenty of dance training. I was against that (and her) from the beginning for that very reason. This is supposed to be a show where they take a regular non-dancing celebrity and see how far they can progress. I also agree with Yazmeen....could the judges have done any more to assure Nicole a win. And lastly, I gotta admit Derek is fab dancer and fab choreographer but geez, why do they always give him the lookers and among the best dancers. His ego is already waaaay too big.

attyfan
05-28-2010, 04:57 AM
He was sporting his (young) Keanu Reeves look in that interview.

Might prove helpful with the acting offers he mentioned. I wonder what kind of roles he might get.

dots
05-28-2010, 05:09 AM

Anna :( such a sweet girl. I really want to see her in a movie or something like that :shuffle:

REO
05-28-2010, 05:14 AM
Kethryn2001, the show is always that way. I totally agree it's not fair. Was it fair for 24 year old Olympic champion skater Evan to compete with 80 year old creaky Buzz Aldrin? Nobody is wawaing about him. The deck is always stacked up to a point. People may remember Joey Fatone (oogie shiver) He was a dancer in a pop group. Nsync danced like mad. Just like the PCD. It wasn't ballroom but they were used to learning choreography and they were in super shape already. Well maybe not Joey. He was always a porkchop. lol Melissa Rycroft danced and was a cheerleader. Those people are used to choreography and learning routines quickly. The whole setup of the show is basically not fair.

I also agree with Kathryn about some pros always seeming to get the good prospects. Poor Louie especially always gets the challenged stars and he does great with them but he's not a miracle worker. He might like to have a potential winner just once. I don't think Lacey has gotten any potential winners either.

TalentedButHumble
05-28-2010, 05:29 AM
I don't think anyone post a link to Regis & Kelly. Dances/interviews so cute. (And hot.)

Evan/Annahttp://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/regisandkelly/special/livestage/index.html?bcpid=78294617001&bclid=60437168001&bctid=88503756001

Erin/Maks
http://bventertainment.go.com/tv/buenavista/regisandkelly/special/livestage/index.html?bcpid=78294617001&bclid=60437168001&bctid=88505542001