PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 [24] 25 26 27

Yazmeen
05-27-2010, 01:25 AM
Not to mention worrying about "flattering camera angles."

He could be the first person to send the costumers running screaming from the studio. Oh, picture his thoughts on the outfits...:drama:

Prancer
05-27-2010, 03:47 AM
I did see a report that said the viewing numbers went down 17% after she got the boot! It's beyond me what attraction she has for anyone.

Um.....

Her dancing was like a car wreck. Nauseating but you can't look away.

I'd say it isn't beyond you at all.

REO
05-27-2010, 04:35 AM
lol Whoops, sorry Prancer, you can love her all you want. I just don't see her appeal. She comes off as really nasty and crabby and as a legend in her own mind. What has she ever done of note but pop out a passel of kids? Why is Octomom a pariah and Kate's a heroine? You gotta admit her dancing made watchers uncomfortable.

REO
05-27-2010, 04:43 AM
Nicole left me cold. Nice fluidity in her movement but lacks any passion whatsoever :wall:

You're joking right? You think she showed less passion than Mr Roboto? Up till two weeks ago the show was making fun of his lack of any emotion. Remember that bit where he was talking and they all made believe they fell asleep? And then when they asked him what turned him on he said coffee. How dull can a guy that age be?! Thank God for his sister's baby! At least thinking of him woke him up.I know you're a fan but join us in the real world. Nicole danced with alot of passion and skill. Her routines were very exciting to watch.

REO
05-27-2010, 04:46 AM
As much as I love him I'm not too sure about Johnny. I can't see him doing a strong manly Passo or lifting girls who weigh as much as he does and flinging them around. lol

sk8er1964
05-27-2010, 04:53 AM
lol Whoops, sorry Prancer, you can love her all you want. I just don't see her appeal. She comes off as really nasty and crabby and as a legend in her own mind. What has she ever done of note but pop out a passel of kids? Why is Octomom a pariah and Kate's a heroine? You gotta admit her dancing made watchers uncomfortable.

I didn't know anything about Kate before DWTS, except for seeing thread titles here on FSU. Her dancing was awful. Not too impressed with her personality, either. Count me as another person who doesn't get why people want to watch/follow her.

Prancer
05-27-2010, 05:03 AM

Uh, I was saying that you described her appeal perfectly--people watched because they couldn't NOT watch the trainwreck in progress.

REO
05-27-2010, 05:33 AM
Ohhhhhh! I misunderstood you. Sorry about that.

dots
05-27-2010, 05:48 AM
I know you're a fan but join us in the real world. Nicole danced with alot of passion and skill. Her routines were very exciting to watch.

*gag* Reo I know you're a Nicole fan but please keep yourself together... :cold: Evan's paso was the highlight of the season. :hat1:

REO
05-27-2010, 06:25 AM
I'm not a Nicole fan. Not a PCD fan. I just thought she was the best dancer this season. And so did the judges and perhaps America. Evan's paso WAS wonderful and if it was the highlight of the season for you, whoopdedo. It's simply a matter of opinion. I liked Nicole's just as well and her free dance was also a show stopper along with both her dances last night. My only deal was that you said she didn't dance with as much passion as him and I'm sorry 1 paso does not a season make. Lack of passion was the judges' criticism of Evan all competition long until like two weeks ago. It's you who needs to keep it together.Thank goodness Evan wasn't as whiny and pissy about his loss as his fans are.

danceronice
05-27-2010, 02:29 PM
I'm not a Nicole fan. Not a PCD fan. I just thought she was the best dancer this season. And so did the judges and perhaps America. Evan's paso WAS wonderful and if it was the highlight of the season for you, whoopdedo. It's simply a matter of opinion. I liked Nicole's just as well and her free dance was also a show stopper along with both her dances last night. My only deal was that you said she didn't dance with as much passion as him and I'm sorry 1 paso does not a season make. Lack of passion was the judges' criticism of Evan all competition long until like two weeks ago. It's you who needs to keep it together.Thank goodness Evan wasn't as whiny and pissy about his loss as his fans are.

I'm a ballroom dancer with coaching from people who teach some of those pros and who competes with a pro who has better results in his own career than anyone on the show except Tony, Louis, and Karina (and used to compete against the latter two.) I'm not an Evan Uber, and I know nothing about Nicole beyond what I know from watching the show.

Nicole showed no real passion. She DOES have good stage smile, which is something you learn to do at Pre-Bronze if you ever want to get the hell out of that level (even real judges who know what they're watching generally give the benefit of the doubt to someone who's smiling and making eye contact with the crowd.) Her Standard was no better than Evan's and worse in a few respects. In general, she has poor feet. She could do fash flashy quasi-Latin better (no surprise as Derek used a lot of non-Latin styling that came right out of her PCD shows), and she had a popular pro. I stand by my theory on another forum--she's a minority, female, and DESPERATE career-wise. I've also seen some theorizing here and elsewhere the show's worried about keeping Derek. She was, when you look at her ability to DANCE as opposed to shake her jiggly bits, no better than Evan and CERTAINLY not the "best dancer EVER on DWTS!"

(I'm still trying to figure out why Erin, though--from a technique standpoint she really was no better than Chad, Pam, or Niecy and the only improvement to her samba was she didn't look quite as pouty. My guess is the Maks factor. Technique, salesmanship, musicality--it was painfuly obvious she was not on par with Evan or Nicole.)

cruisin
05-27-2010, 02:38 PM
danceronice, for me the big difference between Nicole and Evan was not smiling, but two other things. I thought Nicole and Derek had better unison than Evan and Anna. And, more important Nicole was more fluid with her movement. Evan, even when he got better, was very robotic and stiff. One of the big reasons why I wish more figure skaters would take ballet. I know that sounds silly since he won the OGM, but just saying. Evan looked a bit awkward, even in his best dances, Nicole did not.

Iceman
05-27-2010, 02:59 PM
Evan and Anna were on Regis and Kelly this morning and performed. All kinds of job offers are coming Evan's way---from acting to commentating, etc. Meanwhile, back to SOI. Evan was a good interview. That Evan could bring the energy he did to his dances, considering going back and forth with soi and the little sleep he got (on Regis, they said anna travelled with him and they had to train when they could at hotel ballrooms), was amazing in itself. I was really concerned he was taking on too much. He did great.

screech
05-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Derrick ALWAYS makes it all about him. He's a cocky little @#$ but he's an innovative choreographer. I have to give him credit. I think some sibling rivalry may have played into his attitude. His sister won twice. This ties them up.

Not only his sister, but he's best friends with Mark Ballas who has won twice as well. He's admitted in the past that he had wanted to win twice to match up with them.

I'm not a Nicole fan, and I didn't like her personality (as it came across on the show) but she was the best dancer. Actually, for the final 3, if voting based on personality, I would have voted for Erin and Maks, if voting based on skill combined with personality, then Evan. Nicole (I'm guessing) got the votes because people knew she was the most talented - maybe not the most likeable, but it's pretty hard not to acknowledge that if the outcome was to be based solely on skill, she deserved it.

That said, my absolute favourite part of DwtS is watching Maks do the Latin dances because of how he moves his butt, which makes me fantasize about his skills in the bedroom.

REO
05-27-2010, 04:14 PM
Actually I agree about Erin and Max being the most likeable pair personality-wise. I don't know how you can judge someone's passion for something except by their vitality and the energy they put toward it. I don't pretend to know what I'm talking about technically when it comes to ballroom dancing but for me she showed both those things. None of the contestants went in knowing ballroom so maybe danceronice is right about her technique flaws but somebody voted for her including the judges who do have knowledge of the art of ballroom. I'm just sick of the sour grapes. She was voted and judged the best. She has the trophy. I think it was the right choice.