PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27

kwanfan1818
05-26-2010, 07:22 PM
Open Salon finale post:

http://open.salon.com/blog/knightwriter/2010/05/25/dancing_with_the_stars_-_and_the_winner_is

His description of Kate Gosselin's appearance is priceless; what followed was:

Thank the Lord for Niecy and Pamela – my two favorite contestants of the season danced a cleansing sorbet of sex and fun needed to put the horror behind us.

His final description of Lysacek:

Evan Lysacek

I’ve grown to admire Evan over the weeks. He knew from the beginning that this competition was Nicole’s to lose, but he was the only one who has even come close to challenging her. And challenged her he has. The fact that he was never going to let second best be good enough meant that she had to work for every single step. And although their final quickstep was great, it just wasn’t in the same league as Nicole.

REO
05-26-2010, 07:26 PM
Derrick ALWAYS makes it all about him. He's a cocky little @#$ but he's an innovative choreographer. I have to give him credit. I think some sibling rivalry may have played into his attitude. His sister won twice. This ties them up. lol Sour grapes aside I think some fans are looking at this thing through Evan coloured glasses. She IS better than him and she's even better than my darling Kristi was. She's better than Giles who I wanted to win so bad. I was SO po'ed when Shawn won so I get people's disappointment. She IS the best there has been on that show. I know all us skater peeps know better than the judges but there it is. There's always next season.

Wyliefan
05-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Thank the Lord for Niecy and Pamela – my two favorite contestants of the season danced a cleansing sorbet of sex and fun needed to put the horror behind us.

What's he trying to do, set the new record for biggest mix of metaphors in a single sentence? :lol:

REO
05-26-2010, 07:33 PM
Didn't someone indicate previously that Evan was being paid $300K for his gig and then another $200k-$300 if he made the finals? If that is true then the report that Kate Gosselin in all her "glory" made $500K for 5 episodes a travesty:eek:

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2010/05/report-kate-gosselin-earned-mo.php

I don't know whether or not she got that kind of money but I did see a report that said the viewing numbers went down 17% after she got the boot! It's beyond me what attraction she has for anyone. Her dancing was like a car wreck. Nauseating but you can't look away.

BittyBug
05-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Didn't someone indicate previously that Evan was being paid $300K for his gig and then another $200k-$300 if he made the finals? I thought the payments that were discussed previously were from Stars on Ice (presumably because his participation in the show would generate interest in SOI).

Frau Muller
05-26-2010, 09:19 PM
Nicole absolutely deserved to win. Evan "Footloose-ScrewLoose" was lucky to have made it to the top 2, IMO.

Now let's see who'll be the next skater invited to do the show...probably next spring, to generate interest in the next SOI.

REO
05-26-2010, 10:00 PM
I vote Tanith.

kwanfan1818
05-26-2010, 10:02 PM
I vote for Agosto.

Yazmeen
05-26-2010, 10:06 PM
Anybody but Oksana Baiul or Johnny Weir; would prefer to see a skater who'd want to give it their all like Kristi, Apolo, or Evan, not just use it to extend their 15 minutes of celebrity ala Kate.

SwingDancer
05-26-2010, 10:10 PM
While I am not a fan of Evan-at all- I have to say that the purpose of the show is to get people who do not usually 'dance and perform', to actually dance and perform. The idea is to watch people who do not 'dance and perform' for living improve over the competition and the one who improves the most wins. I mean that was the original concept of the show. Therefore, I do not believe that it was exactly 'sporting' to have a participant who is a professional dancer for a living aka the pussycat doll. Now I understand that she is not a ballroom dancer or maybe even classically trained, but still she is a trained dancer, and gave her an unfair advantage over the other contestants. That is just my opinon. But then again, as the show as gone on, more and more contestants have been dancers or have a strong background in dance, so the show has lost its original plot.

PS CANNOT stand Kate Gosselin, she annoys me and I feel sorry for her kids, why can't she just drop out of the spotlight. This woman should NOT be famous or considered a role model.

SwingDancer
05-26-2010, 10:11 PM
I vote for Johnny!!!

dots
05-27-2010, 12:26 AM
Nicole left me cold. Nice fluidity in her movement but lacks any passion whatsoever :wall:

Evan's Paso Doble was the best dance of the whole season! :encore:

dots
05-27-2010, 12:30 AM
I vote for Johnny!!!

Nicole 2.0 ?? :lol: :scream:

skatemommy
05-27-2010, 12:34 AM
Nicole 2.0 ?? :lol: :scream:

No Johnny actually has a personality! I could go on but I won't.

dots
05-27-2010, 12:40 AM
No Johnny actually has a personality! I could go on but I won't.

I can almost picture Johnny saying " but I'm an artist" :lol: