PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27

Prancer
05-26-2010, 12:47 AM
I thought she wanted the Broadway style, and he thought the routine wasn't showy or difficult enough to compete with the others and wanted to add some big moves.

That was the way I took it, too.

I think they were both stressed and tired by the end of the week.

Yes, and I think, no matter what Evan says, that they both want to win. They're both very competitive.

Garden Kitty
05-26-2010, 01:36 AM
Yes, and I think, no matter what Evan says, that they both want to win. They're both very competitive.

Yes, Evan is fluent in skater-speak. :lol:

Yazmeen
05-26-2010, 01:54 AM
I agree they want to win, but no matter the outcome, the sheer joy that Evan danced with in that freestyle was wonderful. I really think he fought her boxing him into a style because he really wanted to just go for it and have fun and definitely dance outside his usual well-planned and rehearsed box.

And maybe it was me, but I was just a touch disappointed in Anna in that dance. IMO, like a male pairs skater, the pro needs to respond to the movements of their partner here; Evan was sheer joy and energy throughout, whereas Anna seemed a bit muted. Yes, the pro is in charge, but freestyle is where the celebrity gets to kick up a bit and do what he/she wants. I realize Anna had to go outside of her comfort zone, but she didn't rise to the occasion as much as I would have expected.

Jaana
05-26-2010, 08:11 AM
Is the competition over by now? Does anyone know when the results will be published, please?

Lanie
05-26-2010, 08:40 AM
Is the competition over by now? Does anyone know when the results will be published, please?

Check out the DWTS thread in Off the Beaten Track. :)

sk8er1964
05-26-2010, 04:50 PM
It's over. Evan finished second, Erin third. Nicole won.

There's a lots of good wuzrobbing in the OTBT thread.

REO
05-26-2010, 04:55 PM
I guess we can say by now that Nicole won. He did a wonderful job but she really was the best they've ever had on the show. I love the show because I like to see the dancing (well except for Kate Gosselin's lol) but like Erin said in an interview, everybody knew from week one who the last two standing were going to be. It's kind of an unfair competition.

Oops sk8ter1964 you one-upped me.lol I don't think he wuzrobbed. She's phenomenal. I guess nobody likes their fave to lose.

rfisher
05-26-2010, 05:19 PM
I don't think she was the best that's ever been on the show. Kristi was equally as good and had a much better personality. They say someone is the *best* every year.

sk9tingfan
05-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Didn't someone indicate previously that Evan was being paid $300K for his gig and then another $200k-$300 if he made the finals? If that is true then the report that Kate Gosselin in all her "glory" made $500K for 5 episodes a travesty:eek:

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/tvbizwire/2010/05/report-kate-gosselin-earned-mo.php

Cheylana
05-26-2010, 06:02 PM
I don't think she was the best that's ever been on the show. Kristi was equally as good and had a much better personality. They say someone is the *best* every year.
Along with Kristi, I would put Mya and Gilles over Nicole, possibly Brooke and Mel B as well, and they were all far more likeable and less fakey-fakey than Nicole.

IceAlisa
05-26-2010, 06:17 PM
I caught it last night and thought Evan dances like he has arthritis in every joint. This is probably why I don't love his skating while respecting his achievements--he has no fluidity in his movement.

I also agree with the Open Salon--no passion, very cold. Nicole OTOH, was great. Well deserved win.

Kudos to Evan for being a ridiculously hard worker. This is 90% of getting to the top.

Tinami Amori
05-26-2010, 06:23 PM
I am so glad Nicole won! She deserved it.

We had an extended family gathering this weekend, all the relatives from Canada, Russia, Europe and South Africa, over 100 people. Most people watched the show last night, and they don't know Evan is an ice skater, and all in ONE VOICE thought Nicole should win.

The comments were "That tall boy is all WOODEN. He's got the beat and the right moves, but he has no flow/fluidity or elegance of a dancer".

Nicole, on the other hand, got all the praises Maya Plisetzkaya used to get back in the 60/70's: very graceful, very fluid, lives in the music, forms/postures are beautiful, stays in the music, feels the music, expresses the music.......

I knew Nicole should win (if people are fair) back 5-6 shows ago, and I am so GLAD SHE DID!

danceronice
05-26-2010, 06:50 PM
Actually Nicole has horrible posture in Standard/Smooth. She's completely collasped through the core and has bad feet. Of course her pro is no good at it, either. Also, he apparently took a page from Mark's book and outdanced her like whoa in her last jive. And then, of course, it was all about him with the trophy. But we knew that already.

TalentedButHumble
05-26-2010, 07:04 PM
And maybe it was me, but I was just a touch disappointed in Anna in that dance. ... Evan was sheer joy and energy throughout, whereas Anna seemed a bit muted. ... I realize Anna had to go outside of her comfort zone, but she didn't rise to the occasion as much as I would have expected.

For a minute during that freestyle, it seemed to me like Evan was actually *better.* But afer hearing the judges comments I realized it was just their differing styles that bothered me.

I also had an interesting take on their waltz. I tuned in halfway through that dance and instantly thought - That's the best I've seen him dance. He didn't look as stiff in his upper body and his footwork seemed smoother.

But then when I saw it on replay all the way through, the first part of the dance wasn't as good.

I completely disagree with the 99 percent of the people in the DWTS thread saying EL wuzrobbed. NS was clearly the best dancer, even if her personality didn't appeal to me [and her partner makes me :scream:].

Actually, just as what's happened to me a few times in skating, while everyone else is arguing over the top two competitors, I found myself most interested in the 3rd place one. :)

IceAlisa
05-26-2010, 07:04 PM
Yeah, I felt that Nicole's partner did make it all about him. Not very gracious.