PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27

Prancer
05-25-2010, 07:25 PM
I thought she was pushing for the Broadway style choreography not him. Did I get that backwards?

I thought so, too. :shuffle:

heckles
05-25-2010, 08:10 PM
In spite of the fact that Derrick is a jerk. I feel bad saying that, because in the beginning I always liked him, but he's gotten too full of himself.

You're talking about a guy whose religion still actively preaches that Native Americans, which arguably a Native Hawaiian like Nicole Scherzinger is, are a "dark, and loathsome, and a filthy people". It has to make him drop a bomb in his Magic Mormon underwear to dance with her as race-mixing is still strictly forbidden and she's way-hot, so it's unsurprising he gets a little cranky at times.

aymkjb88
05-25-2010, 08:33 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/marc_malkin/b182793_evan_lysacek_winning_dancing_with_stars.ht ml

Evan Lysacek: Winning Dancing With the Stars Wasn't My Goal

Evan Lysacek insists he won't be disappointed if he doesn't bring home the disco-ball trophy tonight.

"We are so excited to have gotten this far," the Olympian told us this morning during our weekly exclusive one-on-one. "What I said coming into this competition is, regardless of what anyone says—I did not know how to dance. My motives for doing the show were really simple and honest—I wanted to do something fun and I wanted to dance. At this point I feel like: mission accomplished."

Great attitude! :respec:

Evan and Anna were srsly robbed last night, the judges were very inconsistent and way too harsh on them. :angryfire

IMO, the V Waltz deserves 30, and is highlight the night. None of the freestyle impressed me that much from choreography persective, but I think Evan's execution of the dance is the best, he even outdanced Anna at some point. Technically it's almost flawless, and he delivered it with so much energy and fun. Can't believe it's scored much lower than the other dances which have major mistakes. I like Erin, but that bed dance is just :scream: :yikes:.

Anyway, I'm glad that he's cool and positive facing the mean and harsh criticisms from the judges. The audiences all feel his improvement and transition into a real good dancer, both Evan and Anna should be very proud of themselves regardless of the final placement.

How did it feel when the judges criticized your freestyle after how hard you and Anna worked on perfecting it? Would you go back and change anything about it?
No way. We would do it exactly the same if we could do it over. When it was over, I think we were both really satisfied because we couldn't have done it any better. If they didn't like it, I'm cool with that. Anytime you put your heart and soul in something and people criticize it, it doesn't feel good, but at the same time, we were so happy with it.

aymkjb88
05-25-2010, 08:50 PM
Evan's last DWTS blog for People, written one hour before last night's finale.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/24/evans-dwts-blog-i-rehearsed-12-hours-on-my-day-off/

I Rehearsed 12 Hours on My Day ĎOffí

The goal accomplished.

Like everyone on the cast this season, Anna and I have been working hard each week to perform the different Latin and ballroom dances to the best of our abilities. Iím excited we made it into the finals and we get to perform on Monday and Tuesday, but Iím sad because itís gone way too fast. I think my motives going in were really honest. I didnít come on this show and say. ďI have to win that mirror ball.Ē I signed on because I wanted to make friends and experience something fun and new. I have to tell you, itís been all of that and more. Iíve found it to be incredibly unique and fulfilling.

A classy and gracious farewell.

I want to take this opportunity to thank all of you for reading my blogs and leaving such incredible feedback. On behalf of my fellow Dancing cast members, thank you for tuning in and voting week after week. Itís been a magical season for all of us. Even more, itís been wonderful to share it with you, the amazing fans who make all of our hard work worthwhile. Hereís wishing you all the best.

Mondays won't be the same without seeing Evan and Anna competing on DWTS. Best of luck for tonight!

I hope they'll nail the Argentine Tango with a perfect 30. Fingers crossed for a happy twist and an incredible comeback!

skatemommy
05-25-2010, 08:54 PM
Evan has been shown a lot of class thru the Olympics and all of DWTS. He seems like such a nice young man and I'm glad he got to do this. My hat is off to him and Frank for probably molding his character. Way to go Evan!

cruisin
05-25-2010, 09:32 PM
That was exactly my thought, except Ethan Steifel did a better job with the "remind you of something" leg action on the bed.

Ethan Steifel did/does everything better than most :D. He is amazing!

Great attitude! :respec:

Yes, but what else would anyone expect him to say?

Evan has been shown a lot of class thru the Olympics and all of DWTS. He seems like such a nice young man and I'm glad he got to do this. My hat is off to him and Frank for probably molding his character. Way to go Evan!

Hey! What about his Mama? She is a sweetheart! she molded long before Frank was in the picture!

skatemommy
05-25-2010, 10:33 PM
Hey! What about his Mama? She is a sweetheart! she molded long before Frank was in the picture!

His mom is a doll, I was referring to how he handles the judges criticism and the good sportsmanship he has displayed all along unlike Plushy and PCD. Anyone checked dial-idol?

cruisin
05-25-2010, 11:18 PM
His mom is a doll, I was referring to how he handles the judges criticism and the good sportsmanship he has displayed all along unlike Plushy and PCD. Anyone checked dial-idol?

I should have :D'ed, I was just teasing you :).

Cyn
05-25-2010, 11:33 PM
Anyone checked dial-idol?

Dial Idol results (http://stars.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp) (for what it's worth - IIRC its predictions for DWTS haven't been accurate)

DialIdol score has Evan/Anna in 1st, Nicole/Derek in 2nd (however, both are in the yellow and no one "in the green"), with Erin/Maks in the red and predicted to finish 3rd.

Raw Numbers indicates Erin/Maks at 57/570, Evan/Anna at 170/270, and Nicole/Derek 123/297. I'm not sure how the raw numbers works exactly, but with Erin/Maks at the top of the list, does that mean that they're ahead in that particular method of ranking?

Busy Signal percentages: Evan/Anna at 38.64, Nicole/Derek at 29.29%, and Erin/Maks 9.09%

.....Anyone care to :COP: to figure out WTF all that means? :rofl:

cruisin
05-25-2010, 11:36 PM
Dial Idol results (http://stars.dialidol.com/asp/predictions/predictions.asp) (for what it's worth - IIRC its predictions for DWTS haven't been accurate)

.....Anyone care to :COP: to figure out WTF all that means? :rofl:

It means they don't know :D

bookworm
05-25-2010, 11:47 PM
After we watched the freestyle my mother said that Evan's "character" would have worked better as the nerdy guy at the end of the movie.

Prancer
05-25-2010, 11:57 PM
It means

DialIdol score has Evan/Anna in 1st, Nicole/Derek in 2nd (however, both are in the yellow and no one "in the green"), with Erin/Maks in the red and predicted to finish 3rd.

Just ignore that middle paragraph.

tarotx
05-26-2010, 12:16 AM
Everybody was stealing moves last night or at least trying too...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPey0eZubrs

Garden Kitty
05-26-2010, 12:27 AM
I thought so, too. :shuffle:

I thought she wanted the Broadway style, and he thought the routine wasn't showy or difficult enough to compete with the others and wanted to add some big moves.

I think they were both stressed and tired by the end of the week. She's feeling pressure, he's tired and having to learn (or at least practice) 4 different dances in addition to doing the Southern California swing of SOI. .

I doubt he would have been as assertive on one of the assigned dances because he'd know he didn't know the technique, but he probably felt more willing to express himself on the freedance since there were no rules.

kwanfan1818
05-26-2010, 12:38 AM
I thought the Viennese waltz was wonderful, and while I haven't watched enough of the show over the last few years to compare freestyles, but I loved Evan/Anna's: he looked more himself and comfortable with the movement, and it should be about the contestant more than the pro.

I wasn't put off by their argument. He is used to thinking about how competitive a program will be, and he's become used to having adult discussions with authority figures and experts. He was very amenable to having a new set of eyes to help, and I didn't get the feeling that he was trying to get the third party to agree with him at her expense, but to come up with a solution. I thought he was quite respectful in his disagreement. That she was in tears to me indicated her frustration and stress at not having a solution, not "Oh, poor me, he hurt my feelings". I was very impressed with him.