PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Jaana
05-25-2010, 08:19 AM
Evan & Anna

Viennese Waltz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-M5T-1a4A4

Freestyle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnsXR7wl1pY

WOW, I enjoyed both performances very much! Their dances were underscored, in my opinion.

tapper88
05-25-2010, 08:27 AM
vote people, vote!! I've voted 200 times for them, I really don't want Evan to go home, but don't know what the judges were thinking :(

I'm thinking Evan was just poorly edited.. and at the beginning of the show, he and Anna were hugging, so I'm not worried.

But send a few votes his way online-- voting is open till 11 a.m. tomorrow I think!

screech
05-25-2010, 10:21 AM
I didn't particularly like his freestyle. It was kind of, like it didn't look choreographed - more like just lots of random energetic bouncing around with occasional lifts thrown in.

His Viennese waltz on the other hand... wow!

cruisin
05-25-2010, 12:55 PM
I only saw the last two dances of the night. I see links to Evan's Viennese, I'll watch that later. As far as Evan's free dance. As I watched it, I thought Evan looked very animated and danced very well, but (and this is a big but) it felt like any time he and Anna were not in hold, that they weren't doing the same dance. The franticness of the dance didn't bother me, it was the lack of unity. I thought Nicole and Derrick's dance was much better, more connection, more unity and more of a sense of ballroom style. Much as I'd like to see another figure skater win, I really think Nicole deserves it. In spite of the fact that Derrick is a jerk. I feel bad saying that, because in the beginning I always liked him, but he's gotten too full of himself.

LilJen
05-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Yes big nose plus bangs is a nono. Then again looking like Exxon should erect a derrick on your head is not too cute either.

:respec: If I could rep you, I would.

BlackPack
05-25-2010, 01:16 PM
I was surprised at how Evan fought Anna on the freestyle choreography . I was concerned it was a mistake and it proved to be, decreasing his chances of ending up the winner. Of course, she is a choreographer and she should have stood her ground with him. Evan, as good as he is, is, in the final analysis, a novice at dancing. She has done so well by him up to this point, he should have continued to trust her judgment. I think this may have been an overreaction on his part to all those criticisms about his personality. I hope he can come back tomorrow. That being said, I was disappointed in all of the free dances. In attempting new moves, much of it seemed forced and, at times, sloppy, and just put in to be put in, i.e. not really a part of the dance.

I agree. I thought he was rude to Anna and put down her ideas down, even though he couldn't come up with anything better himself. Does he think couple of weeks on DWTS makes him a choreographer? If it weren't for Anna, he'd still be the stiff robot that so many figure skating fans make fun of. She loosened him up and taught him so much about dancing and performing. She knows what she's doing and is a pro who has shown to be patient with so many talentless contenders over the years. She got a bit luckier with Evan, but he's still a major work in progress. I think it's the beginning of the end for them and hope Anna will get partners at the level of Nicole-caliber.

Polymer Bob
05-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Vote early ......... and vote often. :D

Retry
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
...His Viennese waltz on the other hand... wow!

I would have liked his Viennese waltz much better had the music been a little more "Viennese".

Cheylana
05-25-2010, 01:22 PM
I think it's the beginning of the end for them and hope Anna will get partners at the level of Nicole-caliber.
I don't understand what you mean. The show's finale is tonight, it's the beginning of the end for everybody.

cheriepopo
05-25-2010, 01:56 PM
In spite of the fact that Derrick is a jerk. I feel bad saying that, because in the beginning I always liked him, but he's gotten too full of himself.

Did Derrick say or do something this time?:eek: I haven't watched the show yet, still downloading the full episode...

cruisin
05-25-2010, 01:59 PM
Did Derrick say or do something this time?:eek: I haven't watched the show yet, still downloading the full episode...

No, it's just been a cumulative "drama" thing. He went from being WOW/Awesome to being annoying.

REO
05-25-2010, 02:51 PM
Well he picked Nicole up and spun her around at the very end of their first dance. It supposedly was not part of the dance but Carrie Ann said the music was still going so it was considered a lift, which is a nono, so no 10s for that. Then in the free he missed her hand for the last lift. He had said they were going to do lifts he'd never tried before. Again that was all the difference between all 10s and all 9s.
He, and Max too, sometimes try to make it the Derrick or Max show and it's supposed to be about their partners. Look how Derrick screwed Nicole with his choreo in the jive or the quickstep I forget which. The one where they wore the sailor suits. She was wonderful but the judges slammed her because the dance wasn't proper. He should know that. Not her.
I did feel sorry for little Anna last night when she was sitting on the mats crying after Evan blew her off and said, "I'm going to the rink". She looked so pathetic. It could have been the edit, but if it was, what a jip! I bet it didn't do him any favors with voters. He looked like a tool.

danceronice
05-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Anna's not a choerographer, she's a professional Latin dancer. I can't blame them both for being frustrated as she's right, happy-go-lucky routines don't usually win (things along the lines of Evan's foxtrot) but she is NOT a hip-hop/freestyle choreographer. I think Evan probably didn't get why she was so resistant to a Broadway/show type number (because she's seen them not win before) but she didn't have a great alternative, while she was stressed because she can't do the hiphop-type routines that usually win. She gave him ultimately a jive freestyle that was very much like the jive the judges loved before...and then the judges were @$$holes about it.

Meanwhile Erin and Maks's just sucked. (Rolling and hair-tossing is not dancing.) While Derek almost dropped Nicole on her head (he should have let go, that would have been a sympathy vote right there, except no male pro I've ever met will let the girl fall if he can possibly avoid it. Like my ice dance coach said, "Save the girl!")

BlackPack
05-25-2010, 03:04 PM
I don't understand what you mean. The show's finale is tonight, it's the beginning of the end for everybody.

I'm saying she deserves more top partners at the level of Nicole. It's likely they won't be able to beat Erin and Nicole, though I'd like to be wrong.

BlackPack
05-25-2010, 03:06 PM
Anna's not a choerographer, she's a professional Latin dancer.

I thought all the DWTS cast members were professional dancers who all contribute to their choreography with the help of others as well?