PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

REO
05-20-2010, 05:31 PM
Yes big nose plus bangs is a nono. Then again looking like Exxon should erect a derrick on your head is not too cute either. Nor is using cheap tanner. He's way less orange on DWTS. He'll figure it out eventually. lol

cruisin
05-20-2010, 05:34 PM
Yes big nose plus bangs is a nono. Then again looking like Exxon should erect a derrick on your head is not too cute either. Nor is using cheap tanner. He's way less orange on DWTS. He'll figure it out eventually. lol

I don't get why he uses the self tanner for skating. The florescent lights just make him more orange and tan is not a big deal for skaters. They all have rink pallor :lol:.

kwanfan1818
05-20-2010, 05:53 PM
I'm not sure I've ever seen Lysacek's hair move, no matter how it's styled.

aymkjb88
05-20-2010, 06:23 PM
Talking about hair, I like Evan's Tango hair best, followed by the Paso and Rumba one. Jive and Cha-cha styles are super adorable. He has great hair!

The encore dance was stunning!

Found this montage made by a fan: Evan and Anna - In for the Kill, it's about their journey to the final, SO AWESOME!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FUJI617tTD4

aymkjb88
05-20-2010, 06:24 PM
I googled LKL's guest schedule (http://talkshows.about.com/od/larryking/p/WhoLarry.htm) and found this:

Friday, May 21
Dancing with the Stars – Final Three Celebrities

Thanks, Evan posted the schedule this morning:

LARRY KING LIVE's “The DWTS Hour” airs Friday May 21 at 9pm ET/6pm PT on CNN. It will also repeat on Saturday evening.

aymkjb88
05-20-2010, 06:30 PM
From Evan's twitter early this morning:

@EvanLysacek: jst finished a 12 hr training day. R dances R so much fun though!! Can't wait 4 them 2 come together!

12 hours?! :eek: This guy is SO determined! :respec: But where does he get all the strenght with so little/none eating and sleeping?! :shuffle:

One thing for sure though, he'll be on FIRE again next Monday and WOW the audiences and the judges.:swoon:

Go Evan and Anna! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Prancer
05-20-2010, 06:31 PM
I read in the paper this morning that Evan is the Vegas odds-on favorite to win :eek:. Nicole is a mere close second.

BittyBug
05-20-2010, 08:45 PM
I'm glad to hear that. And if not Evan, then please let it be Erin. (Or basically, ABN for the win. :lol: )

smileyskate
05-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Yes the comments I wrote about previously were from the Rosie O'Donnell satellite radio show. I only got through a few minutes of it so I don't know if they had callers phone in about Evan or not. She has a rosie website with pics and a blog or something where you can write in questions. I don't think they link up to replays of her radio show but if someone has heard it and it was interesting please let us know. I imagine someone has a site where they transcribe or give updates on her show as other radio shows have that. Too bad how she kind of turned out, probably due to the abuse in her past. Sad. Btw, she is supposed to be returning to TV so I don't know if she will keep up with the radio show or not.

aymkjb88
05-21-2010, 03:24 AM
Evan posted a thank you note to his fans, so sweet.

I'm so excited Anna and I have made the Dancing With The Stars finals! Thank you to everyone who has supported us over the last few months. Without great fans and friends, we would have never made it this far. I can't say "thank you" enough. If we win this thing, ...it's all because of you! You're the best!

Some of his DWTS friends will be his special guests for tonight's SOI at Staple's Center. :swoon::swoon::swoon:

aymkjb88
05-21-2010, 03:32 AM
Access Hollywood:

Evan Lysacek On ‘Dancing’ Finals: I Want To ‘Smile’ & Have ‘Fun’ :respec:

http://preview3.accesshollywood.com//_video_1229025?__source=rss%7Cdancing-with-the-stars

Love his comment about the 'game face'.:lol: Agree with Shawn and Anna, he's so ADORABLE. :swoon: :rollin:

Another post show interview: ‘Dancing’ Recap: Evan Lysacek’s Perfect Paso Doble

Anna: YES!!!!! Yes, yes, yes! :D Aww, I love Anna!

http://preview3.accesshollywood.com/dancing-recap-evan-lysaceks-perfect-paso-doble_video_1228663

They need to prepare four dances for next week, WOW, it'll be a hectic week!

Hope they'll :kickass: and bring home the Mirror Ball Trophy! Best of luck Evan and Anna!

REO
05-21-2010, 04:17 AM
There was a funny blurb in I think People mag today about the mirrorball trophy. Apparently it was originally a mirror ball someone stuck on a lamp base. I think they said now it's a little nicer but they like to keep it cheesy. lol

aftershocks
05-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Frank has made that comment about Evan before. I think during this Olymics or right after he said that when they were boys he saw Johnny and Evan skate and thought to himself 'that boy is the most talented I've ever seen', meaning Johnny, 'but that boy is the hardest worker I've ever seen', meaning Evan. I think sometimes a natural never develops the super work ethic just because things come so easy for them. That's Bowman and Weir. It might work out for Evan in DWTS too. Nicole is the best but Evan, even though he had an edge on the rest of the field except her, has a real shot at winning.

Interesting that Frank saw both Evan and Johnny skate when they were "boys" (wonder if that means at the Junior Worlds where Johnny won and Evan placed second?) I agree that Chris Bowman and also Nicole Bobek are examples of skaters with natural gifts who (for varying reasons, a lot due to not applying themselves fully) never achieved their full potential. I would not put Johnny Weir in that category. While Johnny has been accused of not working hard enough, I don't think that is necessarily 100% true. He has been known to complain about the grind of training, but he has definitely worked hard, and has definitely not always been fully rewarded for excellent performances, eg., Grand Prix final 2009, sp Nats 2010, 2008 Nats, 2004 and 2005 Worlds; 2006 Olympic sp -- (while he placed second, arguably Johnny should have been in first over Plush, but Plush "had" to win due to his rep, politics, he was the veteran, etc.); also judges chose Buttle sp at 2008 Worlds over Weir sp that year when both were spectacular -- obviously Buttle had the better lp that year and deservedly won gold overall.

Kudos to Evan, and to Anna for finding out what makes Evan happy and able to freely emote. Who knew?! I'm thinking too that both Evan and Anna were inspired by Derek and Nicole's dynamic and perfect 50s paso doble in week eight. DWTS has been fun to watch this season -- the finals should be a showdown, as everyone has been improving so much from week to week. Even Chad and Neicy were eliminated after performing perhaps their best dances, because someone has to go -- and they were the weakest in ability. But they sure did improve over the course of the season (that's why it's sad when some are eliminated early who might have had a chance to improve if they could have continued -- btw I'm not including Kate G in that category).

Despite Nicole being criticized by some b/c she has had dance training, it was not ballroom dance training. She is primarily a singer, with natural gifts as a dancer (through training and also perhaps her Hawaiian heritage). I think some of her facial expressions are off-putting, but she seems to have fun and work as hard as everyone else on the show. In fact, the judges have often been harder on Nicole because of her abilities (just as they were harder sometimes on Evan about some of his minor flaws). The judges have also cracked down on Erin at times because they expect more of her (she also had dance training as a kid, but she doesn't seem to be naturally graceful -- maybe she thinks about it too much). BTW, Erin's jump onto her partner's shoulder was jaw-dropping last week. Good luck to all.

YukiNieve
05-22-2010, 12:18 AM
Thanks, aftershocks.
It was a great read.

jlai
05-22-2010, 02:40 PM
Interesting that Frank saw both Evan and Johnny skate when they were "boys" (wonder if that means at the Junior Worlds where Johnny won and Evan placed second?) I agree that Chris Bowman and also Nicole Bobek are examples of skaters with natural gifts who (for varying reasons, a lot due to not applying themselves fully) never achieved their full potential. I would not put Johnny Weir in that category. While Johnny has been accused of not working hard enough, I don't think that is necessarily 100% true. He has been known to complain about the grind of training, but he has definitely worked hard, and has definitely not always been fully rewarded for excellent performances, eg., Grand Prix final 2009, sp Nats 2010, 2008 Nats, 2004 and 2005 Worlds; 2006 Olympic sp -- (while he placed second, arguably Johnny should have been in first over Plush, but Plush "had" to win due to his rep, politics, he was the veteran, etc.); also judges chose Buttle sp at 2008 Worlds over Weir sp that year when both were spectacular -- obviously Buttle had the better lp that year and deservedly won gold overall.

Johnny is nothing like Bowman--afaik, Johnny isn't a drug addict like Bowman was, and didn't party like Bowman did at the OOOO either.

Bowman managed a 4th despite all the rumored partying and drugs in 92 O. You can say he's the biggest waste of talent of all times and it's not just a matter of letting medals slip away. Dying at 40?

Johnny is just a little unfocused. That's all.