PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Badams
05-19-2010, 12:52 AM
I thought Frank was referring to that particular competition (2010 olympics)-not every skater he had ever coached.

ITA. Frank was talking about EVAN, Michelle and Linda weren't even a thought, i'm sure.

Garden Kitty
05-19-2010, 01:00 AM
I think one or two DWTS choreographers have worked with figure skaters before, don't know how well it turned out.

Louis Van Amstel did a program (I think OD) for NavBoms, and Mark Ballas did Evan's SOI program this year

barbk
05-19-2010, 01:23 AM
ITA. Frank was talking about EVAN, Michelle and Linda weren't even a thought, i'm sure.

It's also been said about Michelle at several times -- she may not have been the most gifted skater, but she worked incredibly hard and was incredibly consistent.

smileyskate
05-19-2010, 01:44 AM
Since we are talking about the comments of other's, I heard a clip of Rosie on satellite radio. She didn't know much about Evan & thought he was from another country and had a language barrier which causes him to come off the way he does. Her two sidekicks went on about how "creepy" they think he is. They and other media hosts I have heard continue to refer to him as an "ice dancer" so even the Olympic Gold didn't clear that up. The one Rosie sidekick said "Think about it, he spends all that time on the ice alone, so of course he is gonna be creepy". (Their view). This is (basically) what HE said and I am not saying it is my opinion at all. At times, I do think both he and JW come off awkward (both had little wink-gate thing) but I do think they also have a very nice side to them as well.
PS-ETA that I really loved Evan's dancing last night.

kwanfan1818
05-19-2010, 07:08 AM
This week's Kirkland Hamill report:

Evan Lysacek

In their practice session, Anna went on a mission to find out what makes Evan happy in order to break through his façade and inspire him to connect emotionally with the dance. One gets the sense that happiness isn’t a primary feeling for Evan; he seems much more in touch with the loneliness and isolation of spending hours on the cold ice, deep into his own head and working through some endless math problem that he’s never going to solve. But then Anna discovers the look on his face when he sees iPhone videos of his nephew and our somber one lights up.

Well, I gotta tell ya. That must be one cute friggin’ nephew because Evan erupted into a brand new personality and NAILED the foxtrot. Like Nicole, he is a truly exciting to watch when he is on his game. More than that, one gets the sense with him that the show is giving birth to an Evan who feels as much as he thinks.

First Dance: 29

Evan -- like Nicole, Chad and Erin -- grew up feeling like an outsider. They were all to a certain extent the ugly ducklings who grew into swans, channeled the pain of their isolation and emerged as champions. Evan is described as the guy who didn’t have the most talent but worked the hardest -- fueled by an inner drive whose genesis was never fully explained. No hard luck story, here -- just a regular guy doing the best that he can. Their second dance was a paso doble, and if I didn’t know any better I’d think I was witnessing an assault. He was a POWER HOUSE, attacking Anna with every bit of Neanderthal he could muster, exactly the kind of attitude the dance demanded. I quaked in his presence. THIS is an Evan I can get on board with.

Second Dance: 30

http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/2010/05/18/dancing_with_the_stars_recap_week_9_open2010/index.html?source=newsletter

REO
05-19-2010, 01:44 PM
Frank has made that comment about Evan before. I think during this Olymics or right after he said that when they were boys he saw Johnny and Evan skate and thought to himself 'that boy is the most talented I've ever seen', meaning Johnny, 'but that boy is the hardest worker I've ever seen', meaning Evan. I think sometimes a natural never develops the super work ethic just because things come so easy for them. That's Bowman and Weir. It might work out for Evan in DWTS too. Nicole is the best but Evan, even though he had an edge on the rest of the field except her, has a real shot at winning.

TalentedButHumble
05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
Are you talking about Rosie O'Donnell? And to think, there was a time she seemed nice and funny. This sounds like the typical comments you read on the web from skating know-nothings who decided Evan was the Bad Guy at the Olympics.

And they think he's an ice dancer, but he spends all his time alone on the ice? Again, great minds working there. :P

Since we are talking about the comments of other's, I heard a clip of Rosie on satellite radio. She didn't know much about Evan & thought he was from another country and had a language barrier which causes him to come off the way he does. Her two sidekicks went on about how "creepy" they think he is. They and other media hosts I have heard continue to refer to him as an "ice dancer" so even the Olympic Gold didn't clear that up. The one Rosie sidekick said "Think about it, he spends all that time on the ice alone, so of course he is gonna be creepy". (Their view).

cruisin
05-19-2010, 08:05 PM
Are you talking about Rosie O'Donnell? And to think, there was a time she seemed nice and funny. This sounds like the typical comments you read on the web from skating no-nothings who decided Evan was the Bad Guy at the Olympics.

And they think he's an ice dancer, but he spends all his time alone on the ice? Again, great minds working there. :P

Ah, but Rosie is creepy and nasty so could we expect better? Anyway, who pays attention to her anymore?

REO
05-19-2010, 09:59 PM
Actually in one of their "funny" clips on DWTS they called Evan an ice dancer which shocked my socks off. I guess people think that because they connect the skating with the dancing. But yeah I loved Rosie at first but did she ever get an inflated opinion of herself. Dang! I loved the sketch they did about her on South Park where they had the kindergarten class elections.

aymkjb88
05-20-2010, 12:22 AM
Evan on GDLA this morning, great interview, he looks young, dashing and very handsome.

http://www.myfoxla.com/dpp/good_day_la/evan-lysacek-on-gdla-20100518

aymkjb88
05-20-2010, 12:24 AM
TV alert, all of the DWTS finalists and the judges will be on Larry King Live this week (not sure when), the show was taped this morning.

barbk
05-20-2010, 01:35 AM
OK, it's petty -- but I really, really wish he'll figure out that his hair has looked SO much better on DWTS than it has with all the glop he normally crams in it when he's skating.

LadyNit
05-20-2010, 02:15 AM
TV alert, all of the DWTS finalists and the judges will be on Larry King Live this week (not sure when), the show was taped this morning.

I googled LKL's guest schedule (http://talkshows.about.com/od/larryking/p/WhoLarry.htm) and found this:

Friday, May 21
Dancing with the Stars – Final Three Celebrities

Jaana
05-20-2010, 07:59 AM
OK, it's petty -- but I really, really wish he'll figure out that his hair has looked SO much better on DWTS than it has with all the glop he normally crams in it when he's skating.

I don´t know, just maybe it is easier for him to skate and jump as the hair does not fly around?

Evan and Anna´s Paso Doble encore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vOFGYK3NV2E

danceronice
05-20-2010, 02:36 PM
I hate the bangs in his eyes. For some reason it makes his nose look much bigger and his face look fatter. (Plushenko should take notes and lose the Dutch Boy bowl cut, too.) Slicked down (like for Paso) Evan is practically hot.

It's funny people think he let his hair down (so to speak) for DWTS--his "skating" hair is perfect for ballroom. Floppy/casual is a huge no-no even for men (and for women you better only wear your hair loose if you have sensational topline and it falls evenly or the hair flopping around will be a dead giveaway.) Basically if your hair moves, you're doin it wrong (literally.)