PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

Iceman
05-18-2010, 04:23 PM
I hope Evan continues to compete in skating. I have a feeling this experience on DWTS might have some impact on his skating. I don't usually vote on these programs, but gave Evan all of my votes last night. Maybe, his appearance will whet the appetite of some who don't watch skating to give it a look.

purple skates
05-18-2010, 04:29 PM
I forgot to vote and now it's too late :wuzrobbed

cruisin
05-18-2010, 04:31 PM
I hope Evan continues to compete in skating. I have a feeling this experience on DWTS might have some impact on his skating. I don't usually vote on these programs, but gave Evan all of my votes last night. Maybe, his appearance will whet the appetite of some who don't watch skating to give it a look.

That's actually a very good point. I'e always believed that the best skaters have some dance training. With this kind of dance training, Evan might just get more expression into his skating. Maybe he'll Ice Dance :D

feetwerk
05-18-2010, 06:15 PM
Something I never expected I'd think:
"Wowza, Evan is HAWTTTT."

Frau Muller
05-18-2010, 06:40 PM
Evan's foxtrot was a hoot with that big fakey grin and live-wire JUMPS!!!!!!. Someone told him to "look excited" and it came off as a robot on acid. Sorry, Evan, charisma cannot be faked. Still, he and Nicole will be neck-to-neck in the race for the Mirror Ball Trophy. That cannot be denied.

merrywidow
05-18-2010, 06:51 PM
It was great to see Evan loosen up & begin to enjoy himself. I think having a partner has been a good learning experience for him. Whether he continues as an amateur or turns professional the experience he's gained entertainment wise will be so valueable in the future.

pani
05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
She is super! I wish Anna become a figure skating choreograhfer :D

aymkjb88
05-18-2010, 07:04 PM
OMG, Evan was AWESOME in both dances:

Paso doble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMate4X37c

Foxtrot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StOsIOcGbfM

He totally blew me away! For me that Paso Doble is by far the BEST dance of the season and definitely one of the best in DWTS history.

He finally broke his shy shell and dominated the dance floor. Love it! Now if he can translate that FIRE on ice, he'll push his skating in to a whole new level. :respec::respec::respec:

Evan's blog for People, he's a wonderful writer too.

http://tvwatch.people.com/2010/05/17/evan-lysacek-dancing-blog-twilight/

It’s about enjoying the experience up until the last possible second. We’re all putting a bit of pressure on ourselves because we don’t want things to end prematurely. Tonight’s show you will see four couples that have had THE BEST time doing the show this season. We’re going to go out there and put our best foot forward –- we owe it to you for being so loyal to us all season long.

cruisin
05-18-2010, 10:01 PM
She is super! I wish Anna become a figure skating choreograhfer :D

I think one or two DWTS choreographers have worked with figure skaters before, don't know how well it turned out.

neptune
05-18-2010, 10:29 PM
Evan might just get more expression into his skating. Maybe he'll Ice Dance :D

Here I was, totally despondent over Navarro & Bommentre's retirement, but now it's a great comfort to know that next season we'll be getting Evan & Anna!! BTW, has anybody bought her a pair of skates yet? Oh, and somebody please tell her firmly that Linichuk is off limits for them at this point, OK? :lol:

Iceman
05-18-2010, 10:51 PM
I didn't think it was necessary for Frank to tell the "world" that Evan wasn't his most talented skater. What purpose does that serve? And the "but" that followed for his winning the gold medal---are we to conclude that Michelle and Linda weren't determined enough?

cruisin
05-18-2010, 11:06 PM
I didn't think it was necessary for Frank to tell the "world" that Evan wasn't his most talented skater. What purpose does that serve? And the "but" that followed for his winning the gold medal---are we to conclude that Michelle and Linda weren't determined enough?

I didn't take Frank's comment that way at all. I took it to mean that Evan was not naturally "gifted". That he worked very hard to accomplish what he did. Many times you find a skater who is naturally brilliant, but they don't work hard and never get anywhere. Evan took his talents and through pure drive and discipline became the world's best. I took it as high praise.

attyfan
05-18-2010, 11:07 PM

Demonstrating the importance of hard work? Imagine a skater with Bowman's talent and Evan's work ethic. About Evan being more driven ... while Evan did not let the OGM distract him (and I think Michelle let her desire for the gold get to her; don't know about Linda). Frank's comment (IMO) also ignores the importance of the competition. Tara, for example, was just as driven as Michelle -- and if Tara had done what Plush did (landed her technical trick and treated the rest of the program as "ho-hum, I now have it in the bag"), then I think Frank would have coached an OGM in '98.

cruisin
05-18-2010, 11:11 PM
Tara, for example, was just as driven as Michelle -- and if Tara had done what Plush did (landed her technical trick and treated the rest of the program as "ho-hum, I now have it in the bag"), then I think Frank would have coached an OGM in '98.

I still think Michelle should have won. I still think Michelle's jumps, jump for jump were better than Tara's. Tara did one trick that was more difficult than Michelle, but Michelle's overall program was more difficult and of better quality, so for me Frank did coach that OGM winner...:D

UGG
05-19-2010, 12:31 AM
I thought Frank was referring to that particular competition (2010 olympics)-not every skater he had ever coached.