PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

screech
05-12-2010, 12:02 PM
More Open Salon (http://www.salon.com/entertainment/tv/2010/05/11/dancing_with_the_stars_recap_week_8_open2010/index.html?source=newsletter) on Lysacek:

I agree with the quote that Evan is kind of hot in the future. Really kind of hot (even with the Jimmy Neutron hair).

Plus, in the rehearsal clip in that one move where he mimicked Anna his hips actually moved really well (when he did that circle thing with them and then snapped).

aymkjb88
05-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Evan lost six pounds since the Olympics.:eek: No wonder he looked SO thin and tired recently. :yikes:

http://www.tvguidemagazine.com/dancing-with-the-stars/two-major-victories-one-big-worry-5005.html

Looking noticeably thinner – even gaunt – Lysacek tied for second with his waltz and futuristic cha cha. But he admits that he’s lost far more weight than he ever intended. ‘Oh my god, I’ve lost tons of weight by accident,” he says. Lysacek is on the road every week, a headline performer in Smucker’s Stars On Ice tour. His partner, Anna Trebunskaya, travels with him for their daily practices. “We usually will sacrifice sleeping and eating for the sake of training when we’re on the road, because I only have so many hours in a day,” says Lysacek. “So I’m starving right now.” Lysacek is a good six pounds under his Olympic weight, which was minimal to begin with. “Six pounds is a LOT,” he says, rubbing the contours of his thin, tired face.

I really love his Waltz and the futuristic cha-cha is so cool. :cheer2:

Yazmeen
05-13-2010, 12:44 AM
For as much as some find Evan bland when he's talking, I don't think anyone has enjoyed their DWTS experience as much as him save possibly Niecy. He is really enjoying himself, loves Anna, has so enjoyed being part of a team (his fellow cast members) and is just working so hard (par usual). I'd love to see him pull off the win.

Two "seasons" ago, I really wanted to see Gilles win because he was the most talented; however, Cheryl gave him a totally sucky freestyle and he got overtaken by the hard worker who kept improving, Shawn Johnson, and I can totally understand why she won even if she wasn't the most talented. Evan is not the most inherently talented of the top male skaters in the US, or even of his Olympic teammates; however, he is the hardest worker, he takes every criticism as a chance to improve instead of an insult, and he puts everything into doing better and overcoming his shortcomings, and you just have to love how much he appreciates every good thing that comes his way. I so want to see him take that cheesy trophy home!

stejoho40
05-18-2010, 06:12 AM
Holy CRAP!!! Did anyone see that Paso Doble tonight? That was amazingly AWESOME! He was ON FIRE!

tapper88
05-18-2010, 06:45 AM
It absolutely was! To me, the highlight was seeing him let go and have so much fun during his Foxtrot.

But what he said at the end of the Paso to Anna was so adorable, I hope the two of them remain friends after.

I hope he wins!! voted for him tons (and threw a few votes Erin's way too bc I'd much rather see her in Top 3 than Chad).

Jaana
05-18-2010, 11:25 AM
OMG, Evan was AWESOME in both dances:

Paso doble
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CMate4X37c

Foxtrot
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StOsIOcGbfM

screech
05-18-2010, 12:46 PM
His paso was so *insert Carrie-Ann's description here* that it was almost kind of scary in it's bigness and franticness. I enjoyed his solo part.

And is it weird that when I first saw the trees as props and the design on their costumes I thought of Alexei's 'Winter'?

Prancer
05-18-2010, 12:54 PM
Paso Doble without the :P flood warning: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFe3IyUa_hY

LilJen
05-18-2010, 01:01 PM
Um, did he shave his chest hair? Or does he not have any? (Is that a Paso thing? I know nothing about ballroom dancing but LOVED "Strictly Ballroom.")

skatemommy
05-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Thanks for the links. Those flashing lights during the Paso are annoying. Was Kate Gosselin crying at Evan's Paso? Aww....

~tapdancer~
05-18-2010, 01:53 PM
wow...wow. Evan's Paso Doble was incredibly hot! :smokin:

I totally loved it.

cheriepopo
05-18-2010, 01:57 PM
haven't seen it yet(no ABC live stream in my place) but once I opened my Facebook page I saw tons of hot comments about this dance, so I assume it must be awsome! :D Downloading the whole episode now!

cruisin
05-18-2010, 02:34 PM
Evan was very good last night. For the first time, he seemed to relax and actually dance, not just do the steps. Good for him. I think it's pretty clear that it will be Evan and Nicole as the final two. That will be a tough one to call, though Nicole is the better dancer. Nicole's & Derek's Argentine Tango was amazing!

skatemommy
05-18-2010, 03:18 PM
Loved the double axel in the Foxtrot! :cool:

REO
05-18-2010, 04:15 PM
I enjoyed Evan last night more than I ever have dancing or skating. He was great! When they asked him what he liked and he started with "coffee" I was like, Mr Roboto strikes again, but when he mentioned the baby you could really see him come to life. It's so cute that he loves him so. The paso was wonderful but I loved the foxtrot because it was so joyful. I haven't seen him without the stick you know where since Singin' In the Rain and it was so nice to see. He really knocked it out of the park last night.