PDA

View Full Version : Evan Lysacek on Dancing with the Stars

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27

aymkjb88
05-04-2010, 05:56 PM
http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b179275_evan_lysacek_ices_first_30_on_dancing.html #ixzz0myZ9zK3I

Evan Lysacek Ices First Perfect Score on "DWTS"

"You danced like a true alpha male -- strong, powerful, aggressive, determined and sexy," said judge Bruno Tonioli.

That was a sizzling hot, sexy and passionate Argentine Tango, he NAILED it in 007 fashion. The perfect score is well deserved!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC-ila-nOt4

Jaana
05-04-2010, 06:03 PM
[QUOTE=aymkjb88;2751714
That was a sizzling hot, sexy and passionate Argentine Tango, he NAILED it in 007 fashion. The perfect score is well deserved! [/QUOTE]

Yes, that was an awesome performance from Lysacek! He definetely deserved those perfect scores.

Cheylana
05-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I love Evan and Anna but I wish he would show more personality and not just 'workaholic' during the clip packages. From his appearances on Bonnie Hunt and Letterman we know he can be pretty sarcastic and hilarious, but he comes across pretty dull in his clip packages. And his interview segments are very P.C. - his 'skater responses.' I love him (and them) but dude, show yourself!!
I agree with this; I'd like him to loosen up more in the interviews. He suffers when interviewed next to Niecy, who's loud and vivacious on her quietest day. Still, he's miles ahead of his initial stiffness in Week 1, especially in his clip packages, and I liked his line last night about how he has no butt to "pop out" or something like that. :lol: So I think there's hope for him yet. :)

danceronice
05-04-2010, 06:25 PM
I agree with this; I'd like him to loosen up more in the interviews. He suffers when interviewed next to Niecy, who's loud and vivacious on her quietest day. Still, he's miles ahead of his initial stiffness in Week 1, especially in his clip packages, and I liked his line last night about how he has no butt to "pop out" or something like that. :lol: So I think there's hope for him yet. :)

Yet Niecy's dancing suffers next to Evan's, so they come out even. Speaking of which, I liked his interaction with her and Erin in their rehersal clips of the group number.

Given how high they've been scoring her, the judges aren't hard ENOUGH on Nicole. Carrie Anne is out to lunch if she thinks Nicole is even Derek's equal (I'd love to see her say that about Louis or Karina! That would be a joke.) And I'll take Evan's understated personality over her whiney me-me-me stuff.

I wonder how Evan's head is feeling. Kudos to Tom for snarking on how many times they showed him falling on his head!

pixie cut
05-04-2010, 06:49 PM
The judges are overly hard with Nicole Scherzinger.

I think Bruno and Carrie Ann give her a perpetual tongue bath. "The best celebrity dancer ever" -- give me a break. She's not even on par with Melissa Rycroft. Mya could dance circles around her. She dances everything, including the waltz, like it's hip hop. :angryfire

Even Len is easier on Nicole than he was on Mya and Carrie Ann constantly tried to eat Melissa for lunch. I'm not seeing what anyone else is seeing. To me, that waltz last night was an 8.

I will give you that Evan probably deserved a 9 for the Argentine Tango rather than a 10, but when such high marks were given to Nicole, his had to be better.

REO
05-04-2010, 09:09 PM
I agree that Nicole was not at her best last night, however she is way ahead of the rest of the field. I think they are judging her on her ability rather than as a comparison to other skaters. How can they not? If they don't judge that way then the whole show is a laugh. How are you going to stick an 80 year old man against a guy who just won an Olympic event or a pudgy little tv comic against a hip hop performer in her 20's. The Olympic peeps are always a shoe-in. Shawn, Apollo, my darling Kristie. If Evan wins is that a huge accomplishment considering the competition? Nicole is his only rival. They play her and Evan up and down to make at least SOME drama. The whole thing is pretty bogus. Why do I love it? lol

pixie cut
05-04-2010, 09:36 PM
I think they are judging her on her ability rather than as a comparison to other skaters. How can they not?

Yes, in theory. That's what they've done with everyone who's had some dance background, including Kristi. I don't think they're being harsh enough on Nicole. I think because she obviously has a dance background there's some sort of perception that she's really great. She's not. There have been several better celebrity dancers on the show, from Stacy Keibler to Melissa Rycroft, Mya, Mario Lopez, Joey Fatone and certainly Kristi. While Nicole may be somewhat more harshly critiqued than Niecy or Pamela, she's having a cake walk compared to the other celebrities who've had dance backgrounds. They overlook her many flaws, which seems really unfair to Evan and Erin, the other really good dancers.

Spiralgraph
05-04-2010, 09:45 PM
Carrie Ann's comment about Nicole being the best celebrity dancer ever made me laugh. Besides Melissa Rycroft and Mya and even Cheetah Girl who they practically swooned over a few seasons back. And the awesome Stacy Kiebler. They all could dance rings around Nicole. And yes, Kristi too

Carrie Ann needs to watch the previous seasons again quick.

REO
05-04-2010, 10:22 PM
I'm in no position to judge that minutely. I'm suprised there are so many peeps who know ballroom on this board! I know nothing about ballroom except what I see and enjoy. I think Nicole is da bomb but I never thought Shawn was better than Melissa or Gilles Marini. I thought perhaps she was given the win because she improved more than they did. They were both great to begin with. And then the call-in votes from people who know nothing about actual dancing but thought she was cute as a button helped I'm sure.

tapper88
05-04-2010, 11:23 PM
Disliked Carrie-Ann's comment about Nicole being the best dancer. Hello: Melissa and Gilles... what about them? easily two of the best dancers on DwTS ever! And Shawn! an definitely Evan!!!!

judiz
05-05-2010, 03:34 AM
http://www.google.com/url?sa=X&q=http://www.movieline.com/2010/05/evan-lysacek-talks-to-movieline-about-dancing-with-the-stars-and-johnny-weirs-opinions.php&ct=ga&cad=:s1:f2:v0:i0:lt:e2:p2:t1273017141:&cd=pYUvhFuZvnI&usg=AFQjCNF_tFHxWiM4zZKkv3BYVZ6orpUSCg

Evan talks about DWTS and Johnny

Prancer
05-05-2010, 04:09 AM
Evan in broadcasting? :scream:

cruisin
05-05-2010, 04:21 AM
Evan in broadcasting? :scream:

:lol: It would be like listening to Steven Wright, but without the funny.

Cheylana
05-05-2010, 04:49 AM
Yet Niecy's dancing suffers next to Evan's, so they come out even. Speaking of which, I liked his interaction with her and Erin in their rehersal clips of the group number.
Too true on both counts!

Disliked Carrie-Ann's comment about Nicole being the best dancer. Hello: Melissa and Gilles... what about them? easily two of the best dancers on DwTS ever! And Shawn! an definitely Evan!!!!
Word - Nicole would be lucky to make the top ten best, let alone the best.

screech
05-05-2010, 05:06 AM
For some reason Niecy annoys me. I'm so sick of hearing about her 'jiggly bits' and her 'OH!' exclamations all the time. I just can't get behind her.

One thing that does also endear me to Evan on the show is that he's almost never featured on the ET/Insider/etc shows, whereas Niecy, Nicole and Erin are constantly on, with the smattering of Chad and the occasional talk about Pam (now a moot point). He's relying on his dancing to get his votes whereas all the others are about their 'romances' or constant rehearsal footage on the entertainment shows to win votes.