PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Aussie Willy
03-05-2010, 12:00 AM
Was anyone else surprised that this was kept quiet during the games?? After all the commentary about the Jeremey and Amanda in pairs, I thought it was bound to come up in Ice Dance as well.
It got mentioned here. No secret at all.

B&A were interviewed by Australian TV after their CD. Really cute interview. They asked Tanith if she was surprised about the amount of attention paid to her off-ice life and she said she wasn't. But she was surprised about the fact that people were so interested she was sharing a place with Johnny.

The nice things was they said they took being role models very seriously. They understand that people look up to them.

Atena
03-05-2010, 11:25 PM
speaking about Tanith and Charlie, did anybody saw the pic that charlie posted on his facebook of him and tanith? its super cute! they look adoravle together :)

Aussie Willy
03-06-2010, 07:50 AM
Okay I think Tanith is the bestest everest twitterer.

TanithJLB I wonder if Morgan Freeman enjoys books more than the rest of us bc he can hear his own voice reading them in his head...

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I sometimes wonder the same thing about James Earl Jones. Tanith and Ben have great tweets, theirs are two of the few twitter pages I keep up with.

HSGP21
03-06-2010, 02:39 PM
They really let their personalities shine via twitter, so much fun to read...

I have seen this interview before, but I don't know why post-olympics and with all this "retirement" talk, it seems particularly sweet.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dndQFGH5ILM

Wyliefan
03-06-2010, 02:47 PM
Okay I think Tanith is the bestest everest twitterer.

Ha! Good one, Tanith. :)

I thought there was a lot of buzz a few weeks ago about her and Charlie breaking up. Just idle chatter?

Lacey
03-06-2010, 06:52 PM
So, does anyone else think that the reason B/A didn't climb higher, in fact landed lower, over the four year period between Os is that they reached Silver in 2006 almost, but not totally, because others fell? So the judges might have said you've already had your luck, too bad, next.

Absolutely D/W had better choreographed programs, just plain more stuff, and interesting stuff at that, in their OD and FD than in B/A's. But to me, B/A had a gorgeous long body line that I thought judges went for over anything else and a far more mature look overall than D/W and even V/M. (That same line and maturity was why D/S deserved to win that particular Tango compulsory on that given night.) Maybe the judges have gotten caught up in the tricks of Igor, which were entertaining, after all.

But I would have given the overall Bronze to B/A over D/S. And, even although I think Tanith improved tremendously under Natalia, I would have left that coaching situation as soon as D/S arrived. It seems to me that their going to her too was a calculated chess move that foiled B/A.

At any rate, I adore D/W but I think that they should think long and hard about going another four years. Yes, part of me thinks that they need a World medal or a few. And, I gather that one can make money through the system and, perhaps as with Tanith, through advertisements. But, after what happened to B/A, I am not sure I would stay the duration.

Debbie S
03-06-2010, 10:22 PM
So, does anyone else think that the reason B/A didn't climb higher, in fact landed lower, over the four year period between Os is that they reached Silver in 2006 almost, but not totally, because others fell? So the judges might have said you've already had your luck, too bad, next.That could be part of it, but remember that B/A were primed to win Worlds in '08, but Tanith fell in the CD. We'll never know if they would have won w/o that fall, but all signs pointed to it. I think V/M and D/W are just incredibly talented, and also younger (remember, Ben's had back problems over the years that have probably limited B/A's lifts) and can just do the elements better. And their tech difficulty has been rewarded.

When V/M and D/W were just starting out at the senior level, B/A had a big advantage in PCS, but as D/W and V/M improved, that gap narrowed. And I think yes, there is always the instinct in skating (in most sports, if you think about it) to look for the next big thing....the judges came to see V/M and D/W as the present and B/A as the past, particularly after '08 Worlds.

So I think it was a combo of many factors. And yes, I do think B/A should have been 3rd at the Olys.

I don't think D/W are guaranteed to drop in the standings if they stay in until the next Olys - it will depend on their programs and consistency (one could say that B/A stagnated a bit in the 2007 season, which may have sent the judges looking for the next big thing). But I don't think D/W will still be competing in 4 years. I see them competing until they finish college, then maybe doing shows for a couple of years, and then off to the next phase of their lives.

judgejudy27
03-07-2010, 12:04 AM
So, does anyone else think that the reason B/A didn't climb higher, in fact landed lower, over the four year period between Os is that they reached Silver in 2006 almost, but not totally, because others fell? So the judges might have said you've already had your luck, too bad, next.

Absolutely D/W had better choreographed programs, just plain more stuff, and interesting stuff at that, in their OD and FD than in B/A's. But to me, B/A had a gorgeous long body line that I thought judges went for over anything else and a far more mature look overall than D/W and even V/M. (That same line and maturity was why D/S deserved to win that particular Tango compulsory on that given night.) Maybe the judges have gotten caught up in the tricks of Igor, which were entertaining, after all.

But I would have given the overall Bronze to B/A over D/S. And, even although I think Tanith improved tremendously under Natalia, I would have left that coaching situation as soon as D/S arrived. It seems to me that their going to her too was a calculated chess move that foiled B/A.

At any rate, I adore D/W but I think that they should think long and hard about going another four years. Yes, part of me thinks that they need a World medal or a few. And, I gather that one can make money through the system and, perhaps as with Tanith, through advertisements. But, after what happened to B/A, I am not sure I would stay the duration.

Unfortunately is no way there was going to be a NA sweep in Vancouver. Thus whoever was seen or judged as only the 3rd NA team was never going to be on the podium.

cruisin
03-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Unfortunately is no way there was going to be a NA sweep in Vancouver. Thus whoever was seen or judged as only the 3rd NA team was never going to be on the podium.

Yeah, and that too. ;)

NarumiAyane
03-07-2010, 03:57 AM
http://www.vindy.com/news/2010/mar/06/8216skate-for-the-heart8217-at-covelli/?newswatch

An article about this years Skate for the Heart . The music is by Straight no chaser whose song "Christmas Can Can " is hilariuos. This is the best combo ever!!!!!

tintin
03-07-2010, 06:35 AM
ITA. I watched the whole competition not really caring who won, and that is exactly how I would have placed the top 5. V&M WERE clearly better in both the OD and FD than D&W - as much as I love the latter team they just weren't on par with V&M here.

I don't agree. I thought Domnina's line just outclassed B&A. Speed, unison, and difficulty were all even. It was their best skate of the season and very deserving of a bronze IMO.

I don't know what you were watching, but I was there and D/S should have placed no higher than 5th or 6th. Their OD and FD were slow and labored and they did not deserve the bronze, IMO.

*Carol*
03-07-2010, 11:33 PM
check out some nice pic of Charlie and Tanith in Vancouver, cute!

http://canadagraphs.weebly.com/3/post/2010/03/meeting-tanith-belbin-charlie-white.html

HSGP21
03-08-2010, 12:04 AM
http://shine.yahoo.com/event/the-thread/fashion-on-ice-with-tanith-belbin-mom-691998

Why oh why did they go to a different dress designer!?!?!?

Atena
03-08-2010, 12:14 AM
http://shine.yahoo.com/event/the-thread/fashion-on-ice-with-tanith-belbin-mom-691998

Why oh why did they go to a different dress designer!?!?!?

Michelle is a really good designer, thta white and black dress would fit perfectly in their FD this season.