PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

*Carol*
02-25-2010, 05:28 PM
D/W are doing stars on ice now too, right? I wonder if that will affect their world's plans. I wouldn't be shocked either way.... I know how hard it was for Tanith and Ben to turn down some of the offers they got post-2006 in order to train for worlds. Assuming they are coming back next year and could do very well then- perhaps Meryl and Charlie can take the month to enjoy their Olympic success (and let Tanith and Ben shine at worlds...)

Maybe US federatin would have a final word for this, If tanith and ben take the gold the worlds US federation would came out of this eason as the ncie nice ones, cuz they really shut tanith and ben this season.

Twizzler
02-25-2010, 06:59 PM
D/W are doing stars on ice now too, right? I wonder if that will affect their world's plans. I wouldn't be shocked either way.... I know how hard it was for Tanith and Ben to turn down some of the offers they got post-2006 in order to train for worlds. Assuming they are coming back next year and could do very well then- perhaps Meryl and Charlie can take the month to enjoy their Olympic success (and let Tanith and Ben shine at worlds...)

:sekret: D/W and V/M are definitely doing Worlds.

HSGP21
02-25-2010, 10:11 PM
aother interviw with tanith for Fox sport, she is so humble when the guy said that she and bd opened the dor for US ice dancing.

http://ow.ly/16EXvr

Her line about taking humility away from these games killed me... otherwise another great interview, she is so impressive

Wiery
02-25-2010, 10:22 PM
I've always loved Ben's skating, and I've really grown to respect and admire Tanith over the last year or so...She's worked so very hard and become a much better skater with lovely lines and movement.

If they retire from competition, I will miss them greatlyl

Carmen Ovsiannikov
02-26-2010, 01:48 AM
ITA! Just wondering, if Tanith & Ben opt not to go to Worlds (considering that they'll be rehearsing for SOI), does this mean that Kim & Brent will go in their place?

This is one of the reasons I'm torn over whether I really want to see Tanith and Ben in Torino as much as I'd enjoy one last chance to see them compete. With V&M and D&W competing there, B&A would only have a shot at bronze and perhaps not even that. And then the continued snarking and trashing of every move B&A make.

Also I'm still thinking of Kim and Brent's missing making the Olympic team. It broke my heart to read the accounts of how upset Kim was. Granted competing at Worlds is different than the Olympics but it would still be a chance to compete at one last big international event.

B/A should definitely go to Worlds, and get back on the podium! One of the Oly medalist teams is bound not to show up, probably D/S because they see their bronze as humiliating and know they will never win another Worlds.

I think all the Tanith bashing is over nothing but jealousy because she is SO beautiful, so people have to pick apart things about her skating. It seems to me that in 2006, they were so confident, and now, they seem timid and meek almost, like they don't deserve to even be there.

I think even if DomShabs had managed to win the gold in Vancouver, he and Oksana wouldn't have competed at Worlds because of his knee. I got the impression that DomShabs were just hanging on to get through the Olympics.

I usually hate the "they're just jealous" excuses because it's not always true. However in Tanith's case I tend to agree.

Now by no means do I think that everyone who dislikes B&A's skating are disgrunted and bitter; some just don't care for them.

However, when I see comments sprinkled with little personal barbs and the constant keeping track of how much Tanith appears in the press, in Olympics promos. Add to that the obvious crowing/glee over anytime B&A are seen to have "failed" in some way along with the ridiculing of every little thing Tanith does and says then yes, I think the hate is motivated by something other than just not caring for her style of skating or the programs B&A chose to skate to.

The really sad part is that Ben by association has had to bear the brunt of the constant criticism as well. B&A have been through so much in the last couple of seasons but somehow both Tanith and Ben have still held their heads up and taken the high road. I'm glad the two of them are such good friends; it makes me feel better to think of the support they give one another and the support from their families.

NarumiAyane
02-26-2010, 03:55 AM
*@nrarmour*US*Figure*Skating*says*@EvanLysacek,*@T anithJLB*and*Ben*Agosto*are*not*going*to*worlds.

I'm :( now
(I copied it from twitter, so I don't know why there are the stars)

Carmen Ovsiannikov
02-26-2010, 04:30 AM
As much as I originally wanted to see Tanith and Ben just once more, I think it's for the best. I don't want to sit through another competition listening to the commentators justifying their placements by only picking apart whatever it is that was perceived to not have been done well and kind of only grudgingly giving credit for the improvements in B&A's programs and performances. As amazing as Tanith and Ben were at Nationals and even more so in Vancouver, that kind of thing took away from my being able to completely enjoy their skating.

I wonder if NavBoms will accept the Worlds spot. I hope so.

It is going to be difficult going cold turkey with the B&A competition watching. I definitely intend to enjoy their exhibition performance Saturday night; I'll appreciate them even more than usual.

It's going to be odd to not see Tanith's and Ben's names later in the summer when the new program information begins to be posted. I really will miss them.

LaLola
02-26-2010, 08:31 AM
*@nrarmour*US*Figure*Skating*says*@EvanLysacek,*@T anithJLB*and*Ben*Agosto*are*not*going*to*worlds.

I'm :( now
(I copied it from twitter, so I don't know why there are the stars)

I'm going to believe this when they announce it officially. I still have not given up my hope to see them live.

pani
02-26-2010, 09:59 AM
I miss them too - i wish they will go to WCh.

dhajra
02-26-2010, 02:12 PM
icedancelover, I agree with you. I never enjoyed ice dancing until I watched B&A. They have helped bring US ice dancing to where it is today. They will be missed.

*Carol*
02-26-2010, 03:18 PM
I'll miss them so much, epetialy on the begining of the season when people are talking about what they are going to skate and etc (i was use to try to imagine what Tanith and ben would skate).

But now more importantly than watch them at the worlds is their hapness. They allways say thta they love to perform, love to be in the spotligth so ee them at the SOI will be something really cool and fun too.

Debbie S
02-26-2010, 08:41 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing Tanith and Ben at SOI. I haven't had a chance to see them live since their club show last April, and before that, it was SA in '07, since they w/d from '09 Nats and COI is no more. And I'm happy to have a chance to just enjoy their skating and not worry about politiks and placements. And I predict they will be thrilled to be performing in that situation - should be great! :)

*Carol*
02-26-2010, 11:46 PM
more of Tanith

http://celebzweb.com/content/beauty-ice-tanith-belbin

I'm lkking foward to see their performances at SOI, i hope somebody post videso of.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
02-27-2010, 02:01 AM
The entertainment program Extra did a piece on Johnny Weir and it talked about the controversy over Johnny's image and the comment some members of the press made along with Johhny's reactions. At the end the reporter mentioned that Tanith was rooming with Johnny and that she had been voted hottest athlete of the games on ESPN.com. Tanith said that being chosen hottest athlete was an honor and she was happy about anything that could potentially bring more attention to icedancing.

Go Tanith!

lulu
02-27-2010, 02:10 AM
Go Tanith!

Tanith is a true :glamor:

She and Ben have been wonderful ambassadors for ice dance, hard working and by all appearances-fantastic people as well.