PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

HSGP21
02-25-2010, 02:48 AM
Interview w/Tanith (http://www.13wham.com/content/news/thismorning/story/Wednesday-on-13WHAM-News-This-Morning-Ice-Dancer/GimFwJAkPEeuKg_KC0FrEg.cspx) WHAT a girl she is...I am continually so impressed with her poise.

pagsasham
02-25-2010, 02:59 AM
Interview w/Tanith (http://www.13wham.com/content/news/thismorning/story/Wednesday-on-13WHAM-News-This-Morning-Ice-Dancer/GimFwJAkPEeuKg_KC0FrEg.cspx) WHAT a girl she is...I am continually so impressed with her poise.

Tanith has AMAZING sportsmanship.
She really would make a great broadcaster.

Garden Kitty
02-25-2010, 04:50 AM
Love Tanith and Ben and how they've matured from the "young kids of US ice dance" to gracious champions. One thing I always loved at any event where they're competing is when they take the ice at practice and Ben just starts flying around the rink with a big smile and such joy in his skating. You'd never know they're in a big competition, Ben just seems like a kid having fun doing something he loves.

Excidra
02-25-2010, 01:47 PM

She's a great gal! A lot of talk has been made of the beauty that Tanish is at these games. I would not be surprised if a cosmetic company signed her to endorse their product.

HSGP21
02-25-2010, 02:30 PM
Does anyone know what interview this tweet is referring to? and more importantly, where we can see it?

@TanithJLBBen_Agosto Saw you on US show this PM. What class you both have.Tanith, love to have you commentate. Very articulate.
about 17 hours ago via web

Twizzler
02-25-2010, 02:41 PM
They did a fantastic interview on the Figure Skating Review/Preview Show on Universal Sports yesterday. As usual, they were fabulous. Maybe the tweet is referring to that.

When asked what their future plans hold, they talked about SOI, but did not mention Worlds.

*Carol*
02-25-2010, 02:57 PM
Tanith its so classy, and she sems to be pretty happy about here her and ben's carear are today.

HSGP21
02-25-2010, 03:03 PM
They did a fantastic interview on the Figure Skating Review/Preview Show on Universal Sports yesterday. As usual, they were fabulous. Maybe the tweet is referring to that.

When asked what their future plans hold, they talked about SOI, but did not mention Worlds.

aw, is this online at all? I would love to see it..

dncrgrl
02-25-2010, 03:29 PM
I felt the costuming did them in. Why would anyone cover up those two beautiful humans? Linichuk really missed the boat on that one.

Good point. Their costumes for the FD made no sense to me. Tanith and Ben are in amazing shape. Why not dress them in beautiful costumes that actually go with the music. Poor Ben in that Elvis costume! And that dress did nothing for Tanith. She looks like a model. Couldn't someone have designed a nice dress for her...?!

Twizzler
02-25-2010, 04:18 PM
aw, is this online at all? I would love to see it..

Not sure. You could search YouTube for Tanith Ben Universal Sports Feb. 24 and maybe you'll find it. If Universal Sports has it's own website, mybe there would be a clip there.

Meryl and Charlie were on after them. Probably the most animated interview I've ever seen from them. Charlie was hysterical. Made some comment about how they really tried to get into character for there FD. He made some comment to the effect of, "We tried to think what would Christine do if she were to twizzle." Probably not doing the quote justice, but he had Peter, Terry, and Kristi laughing hysterically.

paskatefan
02-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Love Tanith and Ben and how they've matured from the "young kids of US ice dance" to gracious champions. One thing I always loved at any event where they're competing is when they take the ice at practice and Ben just starts flying around the rink with a big smile and such joy in his skating. You'd never know they're in a big competition, Ben just seems like a kid having fun doing something he loves.

ITA! Just wondering, if Tanith & Ben opt not to go to Worlds (considering that they'll be rehearsing for SOI), does this mean that Kim & Brent will go in their place?

leafygreens
02-25-2010, 04:47 PM
B/A should definitely go to Worlds, and get back on the podium! One of the Oly medalist teams is bound not to show up, probably D/S because they see their bronze as humiliating and know they will never win another Worlds.

I think all the Tanith bashing is over nothing but jealousy because she is SO beautiful, so people have to pick apart things about her skating. It seems to me that in 2006, they were so confident, and now, they seem timid and meek almost, like they don't deserve to even be there. Their "Let's get loud" program was amazing and exciting. I wish they could have done more programs like that for this Olympics. Their outfits did not show off their amazing bodies, and Tanith's hair looked like a birds nest in the OD. Such a tragedy.

Twizzler
02-25-2010, 04:55 PM
ITA! Just wondering, if Tanith & Ben opt not to go to Worlds (considering that they'll be rehearsing for SOI), does this mean that Kim & Brent will go in their place?

They're 1st alternates so NavBom would get the spot. If for some reason they declined, it would move on to C/Z, and so on.

HSGP21
02-25-2010, 05:24 PM
D/W are doing stars on ice now too, right? I wonder if that will affect their world's plans. I wouldn't be shocked either way.... I know how hard it was for Tanith and Ben to turn down some of the offers they got post-2006 in order to train for worlds. Assuming they are coming back next year and could do very well then- perhaps Meryl and Charlie can take the month to enjoy their Olympic success (and let Tanith and Ben shine at worlds...)

*Carol*
02-25-2010, 05:24 PM
aother interviw with tanith for Fox sport, she is so humble when the guy said that she and bd opened the dor for US ice dancing.

http://ow.ly/16EXvr