PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Excidra
02-24-2010, 10:23 AM
They are a remarkable team and there is no disputing that they are an integral part of both the success of D&V and V&M. Their silver medal in Turino swung the door wide open for all North-American ice dance teams to skate through. What I love about them is the positivity they project even in the midst of disappointing moments. They've been great role models to not only D&V and V&M, but to every single North-American ice dance team.

I got teary eyed today while reading an article on Tanith. She was an observer at a press conference for D&V and V&M. She praised both D&V and V&M and told them to enjoy every single moment of this journey. What a great person she is. They've earned my respect.

B&A ROCK ON :respec:

HSGP21
02-24-2010, 11:00 AM
^do you have the link to this article?

Excidra
02-24-2010, 11:57 AM
^do you have the link to this article?

http://www.freep.com/article/20100224/SPORTS17/2240324/1365/Sports/What-a-ride-for-Canton-ice-dancers

paskatefan
02-24-2010, 01:20 PM
Great article. Tanith & Ben were absolutely shafted at these Olympics. They should have been on the podium with the bronze medal. Thank goodness they will be skating in SOI. I will miss them so much when they stop skating together.

Atena
02-24-2010, 02:48 PM
I just dremed last nigth thta david wilson made spetial choreography for a new FD for next season so they would saty one more with kick ass FD haha.

sounds crazy, but who knows, they could really get outside choreo.

But if they really stop competing they will do SOI.

cruisin
02-24-2010, 04:25 PM
B/A were shafted, they deserved 3rd. F/S were too, they should have been 4th. But, that's what it is. I had always been a bit critical of Tanith's technique. I think that since going to Linichuk, she has improved. However, I think they lost out on choreography, and Linichuk's favoritism for D/S.

The outfits for both B/A and D/S were horrible. Linichuk likes to have control on outfit design and she has horrible taste. When Tanith's Mom was doing their outfits they were always tasteful.

HSGP21
02-24-2010, 04:36 PM
It would be SUCH a dream to have them go back to the original cut of their music and the COC dresses, and go to Worlds w/o the pressure of the Olympics and just skate as free as they can. Given the marks of v/m and d/w, they may not win- but I would much rather see them cap of their careers that way than with that program in Vancouver- and w/o D/S a historic North American podium is very much a possibility.

vivika1982
02-24-2010, 04:48 PM
:) I'll miss them very much but i think they might reconcider. And especially with D/S /or Shabalin /possible retirement i hope Nathalia finnaly will give them programs they deserve and retire with grace.:encore:

HSGP21
02-24-2010, 04:54 PM
well.......it would be amazing to see them win that 6th national title...perhaps they can squeak out another year while applying to universities, as both have indicated they would like to do that. Ah, one can dream...

cruisin
02-24-2010, 04:57 PM
I don't think they'll stay in beyond Worlds. But I would like to see them go to Worlds. I am guessing that D/S will not go, Max's knees will probably dictate that. I would like to see B/A on the Podium one last time. Bronze is fine, assuming V/M and D/W go. I think that if D/S go, B/A should not. Not because they would not out skate them, but because I would hate to see them beaten by a weaker team again. D/S will be held up, why go through that again? And they should go without Linichuk, fire her a$$ and go alone if they have to. They're experienced enough, they don't need her.

mariek
02-24-2010, 05:29 PM
I will miss them! I wish they got a medal, and thought they deserved it.

pani
02-24-2010, 07:07 PM
I wish they will go to WCh in Torino.

Fleur
02-24-2010, 07:58 PM
i'll miss them too, many people may to be fans of Tanith and ben but everyone have to admit thta thei are good and they opened the door to this young american teams.

I hope they stay another season, get otehr coreagrapher, juts for pride.

I hope they lots of shoes, have fun and reach their dreams out side of the sport now. I was so glad with their performance at this Oly, they skated really well, and left the bulding with heir heads held high and pround of their friends.

Tanith and Ben are classy!

DreamSkates
02-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Best wishes to them. They've done their "due" and competed in 2 Olympics. Have many medals to their credit, at national and world levels.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
02-25-2010, 01:30 AM
....The outfits for both B/A and D/S were horrible. Linichuk likes to have control on outfit design and she has horrible taste. When Tanith's Mom was doing their outfits they were always tasteful.

Unlike B&A, DomShabs actually had different costumes they were using for practice. They were gorgeous, done in red and black (with no creepy faces). You could have knocked me over with a feather when the final group took the ice for the warm up and DomShabs were back in those things from Europeans.

I wonder who gets the final say on which costumes get used. I thought that both Oksana's and Tanith's CD dresses were gorgeous (Oksana's even more so) so I can't say they have poor taste in general.