PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19]

LaLola
06-01-2010, 08:10 AM
Thank you Kim!

I just realized that SOI is over. So we will have a final decision soon. Not sure if I want to know it....

HSGP21
06-02-2010, 01:50 AM
So we will have a final decision soon. Not sure if I want to know it....

:( I don't want to know it. At least I hope they stay with SOI for years to come, so thrilled their contributions to the tour got an overwhelmingly positive response.

Just found this http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/sports/2010/02/18/mckay.belbin.agosto.cnn - it's Pre- Olympics, and sad to see given how Vancouver turned out, but a nice interview. They're such a cute team :)

LaLola
06-02-2010, 09:30 AM
Just found this http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/sports/2010/02/18/mckay.belbin.agosto.cnn - it's Pre- Olympics, and sad to see given how Vancouver turned out, but a nice interview. They're such a cute team :)

Haha, the story about the car crash is great! And I love all the training bits and seeing L/K working with them. But what is most obvious: There is so much more potential and I so want to see them fullfill this!

Valentina
06-02-2010, 04:54 PM
Haha, the story about the car crash is great! And I love all the training bits and seeing L/K working with them. But what is most obvious: There is so much more potential and I so want to see them fullfill this!

I kind of agree with this :) hey need a great OD and FD, you know The Programs. But i think this is not gping to happen, as much as i wish to see them again this next season kicking everybody's ass...i don't think they will saty.

piano18
06-03-2010, 05:33 AM
Just found this http://www.cnn.com/video/?/video/sports/2010/02/18/mckay.belbin.agosto.cnn - it's Pre- Olympics, and sad to see given how Vancouver turned out, :)

Cool footage! Very nice to see Linichuk & K teaching them, and Belbin looks as fresh as a daisy..

Very sad given how Vancouver turned out indeed, and am still awaiting their real thoughts to what they really think of it all.

HSGP21
06-03-2010, 02:25 PM
am still awaiting their real thoughts to what they really think of it all.

I don't think we'll ever hear it- especially as long as Tanith and Charlie remain an item. It took them years to admit not going to SLC in '02 was a disappointment. Love them or hate them, they are a class act. (But I'd love to hear what they REALLY think as well, because I bet they'd have opinions :) )

arakwafan2006
06-09-2010, 07:59 PM
:( I don't want to know it. At least I hope they stay with SOI for years to come, so thrilled their contributions to the tour got an overwhelmingly positive response.

This was a really nice video of them. In practice, they looked so smooth and perfect! I wish that the timing/cleanliness came across in competition. Also, WHO KNEW Natalia was actually still out there on skates with her pupils? Great to see. I personally really like seeing the skaters on practice ice.
Thanks for the vids

piano18
06-09-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't think we'll ever hear it- especially as long as Tanith and Charlie remain an item. It took them years to admit not going to SLC in '02 was a disappointment. Love them or hate them, they are a class act. (But I'd love to hear what they REALLY think as well, because I bet they'd have opinions :) )

Opinions? Oh a-plenty! Especially from her...

I don't think we'll ever hear it- especially as long as Tanith and Charlie remain an item.

:duh::duh::duh: Well that means we'll NEVER ever hear their real feelings then. Too bad!! They're probably really confused and bewildered as to how the hell this weird season unraveled, bless her heart.

But. One of the highlights for me from them that season was their Golden Waltz CD at US Nationals, my favorite performance of the Golden Waltz from anyone that season, definitely one of the better Golden Waltzes of this quadrennial, not too far from Delobel's 2007 EC Waltz.

Love them or hate them, they are a class act.

I like this! Also, They could've simply stayed back in the Shpilband stable and just benefitted from Shpilband yankee politicks up to Vancouver but were committed to improving their now good basics and can be commended for this. :respec: Good for them. :respec:

Also I watched their Tango from Vancouver, mostly just at her funny expressions, especially the ending of the dance :lol:! No one does it like Belbin!

Sylvia
06-10-2010, 07:25 PM
Today's official announcement of Tanith/Ben's retirement has been posted as a new thread in GSD: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=73886

LaLola
06-19-2010, 09:06 PM
Ben on twitter:

Ben_Agosto

In central park at NBC Universal tent watching @tanithjlb try to stack apples... go Bizzle

Can somebody please explain to me what "stack apples" and "Bizzle" means?
And in another tweet he calls Tanith "Belby" - too cute...:)

Debbie S
06-19-2010, 10:32 PM
Can somebody please explain to me what "stack apples" and "Bizzle" means?
And in another tweet he calls Tanith "Belby" - too cute...:)I'm not exactly sure what he means by "stack apples" (an obvious answer would be piling apples on top of each other but that's probably not creative enough for a carnival ;)) but I believe "Bizzle" is Tanith's nickname among the Canton skaters. IIRC, V/M recited the skaters' nicknames in an interview shown on ABC/ESPN during '08 Worlds. I assume it was created as a combo of "Belbin" and "twizzle". :)

HSGP21
06-19-2010, 11:29 PM
If I remember the fluff correctly, her nickname was "T-Bizzle."

So glad they are spending time together, and with NBC! Perhaps that means they are on board to be commentators next season :) please please please!!!