PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19

LaLola
05-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Tanith and Ben are listed for the USA Team 2010/11. What do you think about it?
I know it is probably wrong - but I still have hopes to see them skate another season.

MikiAndoFan#1
05-07-2010, 10:30 PM
Tanith and Ben are listed for the USA Team 2010/11. What do you think about it?
I know it is probably wrong - but I still have hopes to see them skate another season.

Oh, I hope it's true!

:drama:

piano18
05-07-2010, 10:33 PM
Methinks they won't be back.

Hope Ben continues doing commentary...He+Susie Wynne would make :smokin: pair..Awesome teacher-student pair!

DORISPULASKI
05-08-2010, 02:08 AM
Well, nobody does perk/easily understandable FD's better than B&A, as shown by their SOI number this year.

Maybe they should stay in.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
05-08-2010, 08:51 AM
I'm pretty sure that B&A are done with eligible competition.

DORISPULASKI
05-08-2010, 09:49 AM
I am too-but I notice that they are still listed in the USFS team envelopes that just came out, so they haven't officially notified USFS that they are not going to compete this coming season.

Skate Talker
05-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Fate is an interesting thing. Remember when the conventional wisdom was that it didn't matter so much if Tanith didn't have citizenship in time for Torino 2006 because 2010 Vancouver was going to be their time? Then how excited everyone was when they surprisingly took silver and, wow, just wait 4 years they will be unbeatable?

I am so happy for them that they were able to compete in Torino because fate sometimes just has another plan in mind for the future, doesn't it? And they can retire, if that is what they choose, always knowing that they won an Olympic medal, and (possibly) ended their competitive careers with much, much improved skating 4 years later in Vancouver. Nothing to sneeze at there, is there?

love skating
05-08-2010, 05:58 PM
I just got the latest IFS in the mail. It said they are going to decide for sure after SOI is over. Here's the quote from Tanith regarding announcing a retirement:

"Obviously everyone knows we're leaning in that direction. We want to save that decision until the end of the tour, so we have the full experience of hypothetically a 'professional life' and see whether or not we like that. We don't want to announce our retirement and then have a situation where at the end of the tour we feel a tug back to competition and then feel pressure that we can't go back. We thought that we didn't need to announce it for anyone else, [so] we may as well just wait."

Valentina
05-08-2010, 10:24 PM
another interesting fact about fate...Judges now want somethiing thta they can do so well, and the OD for this season sounds something thta they would be one of the fwe teams thta would not look rediculous out there :D

I'm not readdy to say good bye to them!

~tapdancer~
05-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Whatever they decide, I hope it is a satisfying decision for them. I have to say after seeing them perform in SOI and especially the fantastic number "If it Kills Me" (cutest program ever!), they were made for performing like that. They just looked so free, no tension in them at all. I could watch that program and "Falling Slowly" over and over. That's the Tanith and Ben I like watching on the ice.

*Kim*
05-10-2010, 09:09 PM
http://www.esquire.com/women/the-sexiest-woman-alive/sexiest-women-2010/stacy-keibler-vs-tanith-belbin
tanith is going really far in this compe haha

good luck

LaLola
05-11-2010, 09:42 AM
I still can't see the voting results! Can anyone else?

Here is another video from SOI in good quality. This programme touches me everytime I watch it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xelnQC3Lwdk

HSGP21
05-27-2010, 03:03 PM
I had a dream the other night that Tanith and Ben went back to training in Canton and won their 6th national title in order to hold that spot in the record books...

Valentina
05-27-2010, 05:03 PM
I had a dream the other night that Tanith and Ben went back to training in Canton and won their 6th national title in order to hold that spot in the record books...

:lol: That would be cool, but i think Canton camp is overcapacity :lol:

*Kim*
05-29-2010, 09:29 PM
hey guys, I just found another vdieos of B/A D/WBrave :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTNAPqOKjDQ