PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19

HSGP21
03-30-2010, 10:58 PM
http://www.tenniszone1510.com/

Ben says they haven't decided whether or not they will continue to skate competitively next year...

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-31-2010, 01:47 AM
So it hasn't been decided yet. I remember the other SOI article made it sound as if B&A were definitely out and Tanith and Ben seemingly have begun to help "promote" (I'm not sure what to call it and don't mean that in a negative way) D&W. I would be interesting if they returned next season. Especially since I can't see B&A returning only to go for second in the U.S. and only third in the world at best.

Between B&A, the Kerr's and F&S I'm waiting to see who does show up next season. At least it seems to be fact that P&B are staying on.

LaLola
04-02-2010, 12:06 PM
Here is an interview were they talk about their program for SOI: They will be dancing to Jason Mraz's "If It Kills Me." And the story is about boy and girl whoe are close friends and finally fall in love. I love the story and can't wait to see how they do it.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/042010/04012010/537730

This is the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgu9cmuGDg

TanithandBenFan
04-02-2010, 02:48 PM
Here is an interview were they talk about their program for SOI: They will be dancing to Jason Mraz's "If It Kills Me." And the story is about boy and girl whoe are close friends and finally fall in love. I love the story and can't wait to see how they do it.

http://fredericksburg.com/News/FLS/2010/042010/04012010/537730

This is the song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMgu9cmuGDg

OMGGGGG! Ever since I saw Jeanine and Jason dance to this song on SYTYCD (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XCIy2Zkkz8), I've wanted one of my favorite teams to skate to it!!!! Someone please record this at the show!

HSGP21
04-03-2010, 04:51 AM
Here is an interview were they talk about their program for SOI: They will be dancing to Jason Mraz's "If It Kills Me." And the story is about boy and girl whoe are close friends and finally fall in love. I love the story and can't wait to see how they do it. [/URL]

Ugh- so cute!! I wish I could see this- please someone record it! What a sweet story line (.... isn't there a little bit in all of us that wish this was the storyline of their lives :) )

Carmen Ovsiannikov
04-03-2010, 06:08 AM
There are a couple of photographs of Tanith and Ben's new program in the SOI in the GSD folder. It does look like an adorable program. Hopefully it will show up on youtube and possibly even the SOI 10/11 preview program NBC usually airs towards the end of the year.

I've been attributing most of B&A's decision to turn pro on the reception (or lack of) they got from the judges and much of the skating community. Now I wonder if part of the final decision will be made based on Ben's back. In the SOI thread a couple of people mentioned that the Belgosto/D&W duet wasn't performed because Ben is injured. Of course I just assumed it was his back; it might be something else. Whatever the injury is I hope Ben heals quickly.

DORISPULASKI
04-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Yes, it could well be. I just hope Ben heals quickly.

And if it were me, I don't know whether I'd want to cope with the hot mess that next season is going to be with 'uplifting' FD's and that CD/OD illdefined hybrid mess based around the GW.

~tapdancer~
04-03-2010, 01:37 PM
I'm wondering with Ben's back flaring up and now news from an article (Detroit FP) that Tanith is moving back to Michigan this summer (didn't she tweet something once about being a 26 year old freshman? Makes me think she plans to attend college), it gives me a feeling that not only will they not compete anymore but maybe retire altogether. Of course we didn't hear about Ben's plans yet. I'm going to the SOI show tonight, it will be my first time seeing them live. :)

DORISPULASKI
04-03-2010, 06:01 PM
I hope Ben's back is well enough so that they can do that D/W and B/A joint number! But seeing Bollywood live is very good too!

MikiAndoFan#1
04-03-2010, 06:07 PM
Will Tanith & Ben compete next season?

LilJen
04-03-2010, 06:54 PM
Enjoy seeing Ben live!! I saw B/A at a cheesefest a couple years back, and his posture is AMAZING.

Carmen Ovsiannikov
04-03-2010, 07:48 PM
Will Tanith & Ben compete next season?

I'm not sure. Post Vancouver I've gotten a different impression depending on which article I've read. For most of the season, B&A were clear that they weren't going to compete in Sochi but indicated that they might stick around another season. Right after the FD in Vancouver, Tanith and Ben said that was it. The Olympics were their final competition and that they were happy ending with them having skated three strong performances. However some of the articles written since then seem to give the impression that the final decision hasn't been made yet.

I'm tending to agree with DORISPULASKI. With the red hot mess that dance is going to be next season B&A are better off beginning their pro careers. Also I'm still convinced that since USFS and the international judges made such a show of demoting Tanith and Ben this season I can't see them "taking it back" and all of a sudden allowing B&A back into the thick of things even though they IMO deserve(d) to be.

If the ISU wants to dump the CD then just phase it out and be done with it. Putting a CD in a portion of the OD is ridiculous. And happy FD's? What counts as happy? Are international competitions going to look like the U.S. Championships through the mid 90's? Everybody doing old fashion Igor Shpilband styled Latin FD's?

I have no problem with change; the sport needs to continue to evolve. However the changes have to be made for the right reasons and they have to be changes that will help the sport advance while still keeping it's integrity. Next years OD with a CD segment thrown in is not the way to go.

Okay off my soapbox.

MikiAndoFan#1
04-03-2010, 08:15 PM
Thank you, Carmen Ovsiannikov!

:D

~tapdancer~
04-04-2010, 08:37 PM
Saw B/A's number last night at the Orlando show. Adorable! It's perfect for them. They did several quick costume changes during it, going from kids on the playground with backpacks...Ben pulling Tanith's ponytail...to sophisticated adults with Tanith in a beautiful red dress and Ben in black. Great song and the program just works wonderful for them.

Also loved the number they did with D/W. The song "Brave" by Leona Lewis is a great song for skating and they basically skated as couples with a few circular movements around each other. They did a highlight move as sbs lifts, similar looking to Dom/Shabs lift, but B/A had a little trouble on it, didn't quite hit the position. Maybe Ben's back bothering him still, that lift would put a lot of pressure on it. btw, Ben plays an awesome electric guitar!

*Kim*
04-04-2010, 11:55 PM
this program souds cute, some pople on Stars in Ice face book live some pretty nice coments about Tanith and Ben program, I'm happy for them. Oh ..I NEED to see this!!! hahaha