PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-26-2010, 07:26 PM
I will miss them dearly if they decide to take their careers in a different direction, but I'd hate to see a repeat of this season. If they continue to compete only to be disappointed, then I'm happy to see them move on to bigger and better things.

This is the one thing that is keeping me from being more down about B&A's retirement than I already am.

Just going soley on talent, skills and artistic growth I don't feel B&A were given the chance to show all of that off as competitors. However the judges have already made it clear that they aren't interested in seeing B&A's careers play out or allowing them to peak and regain the National title or any international medals. Under no circumstances would I want to see B&A go through another season like this one. I truly believe they would no matter what their material might have looked like if they had skated one more season.

ITA that they can still continue to grow and will peak as performers through the work they do in SOI and even possible some of the Disson shows. But especially SOI.

Tanith's voice is interesting. She's always well spoken but at times her voice does sound higher pitched but others it seems a little bit less so. I've wondered if it's something in the way the video was recorded.

tlk
03-26-2010, 08:43 PM
Belbin & Agosto were fantastic commentators. Their technical remarks were more detailed and precise than Susie Wynne's or Tracy Wilson's, the timing was on point, and their voices were great for broadcast (which surprised me bit since Tanith can be high-pitched). They were positive and respectful towards all teams but weren't afraid to be critical even of the Americans. What impressed me most is that if they have personal or geographical biases, or any resentments, you couldn't tell from their commentary. They were upfront about feeling invested in Davis & White and then proceeded to be fair-minded towards everyone. They were a breath of fresh air and all other North American commentators could take a lesson from them.

ITA with your entire post. Hopefully we will be able to hear from them lots more in the future!

stanhope
03-27-2010, 01:45 PM
With all this talk about Plushenko getting a gold medal from fans, I have to say that I think Tanith and Ben are the ones that would really deserve that kind of honor. :)

But knowing them, they'd probably ask their fans to take that money and donate it to a charity. Which is why I love them :D

smileyskate
03-28-2010, 02:13 AM
I liked their insights into the performances too, however I had a hard time hearing Ben as it sounded like he was talking just as though he was speaking only to those in the room and not speaking clearly into the mic...although it may just have been my TV set. Anyway, nice to hear info from a male ice-dancer's viewpoint.

Yes
03-28-2010, 02:17 AM
Tanith and Ben did a great job for their first time as commentators, they know what they are talking about and focous on the brigth side of the teams withouth beeing less critcs. Congrats to them, maybe a nwe carrear id begening for them :)

shan
03-28-2010, 05:37 AM
They got good feedback from someone after the OD broadcast. It was one of those times in which the microphone was left on. I kept wanting to tell Peter C. to shut it with the wrap ups/voice over things, so that I could hear what a producer? was saying to T and B. I wouldn't be surprised to see them at other events!! I hope so!!

I want echo the admiration of the poise and grace with which both and Tanith and Ben have handled themselves.

Antonella
03-28-2010, 02:42 PM
I was plesed to hear Tanith and Ben comets at the Universal Sport brodcasting. They weren't anoyng like most of the people who do this job, and also they know what they are talking about when it comes to thecnical point of view or the artistic side. They were actually pretty sweet and cute for most of the teams.

I do hope thta they go on with this job, they did very well for their first time.

boy...i'm gping to miss them, but I prefer to see them happy skating in shows or something like thta than competing and been critized all the time no matter what. They are champison no matter what and they are the ones thta call more attention to US ice dance, I sure they are big Idols for most of the young dance teams. :respec:

sfgirl
03-28-2010, 02:55 PM
I was plesed to hear Tanith and Ben comets at the Universal Sport brodcasting. They weren't anoyng like most of the people who do this job, and also they know what they are talking about when it comes to thecnical point of view or the artistic side. They were actually pretty sweet and cute for most of the teams.

I do hope thta they go on with this job, they did very well for their first time.

boy...i'm gping to miss them, but I prefer to see them happy skating in shows or something like thta than competing and been critized all the time no matter what. They are champison no matter what and they are the ones thta call more attention to US ice dance, I sure they are big Idols for most of the young dance teams. :respec:

Whatever it takes to wipe away the sour taste I felt after the way they were treated at the end of their competitive careers. It really bothered me, because they were such an integral part of the success the USA has experienced in the discipline of ice dance.:respec:

DORISPULASKI
03-28-2010, 03:03 PM
With the new rules wanting 'uplifting' FD's, B&A should perhaps reconsider competing. All their FD's have either been of the 'uplifting' type or the perky type. The new CD/OD is going to be a complete crapshoot for all the teams, I think. Their chances are as good as any.

But I selfishly hope they stay and do commentary! I haven't liked the commentary of any as well as theirs, except Chris and Simon of British Eurosport. And they have the same pluses as Chris and Simon-a positive view of the skaters, and best of all, when Tanith really likes a program, she doesn't say much till after the program.

I am looking forward to the foursome piece that B&A and D&W are going to be doing with SOI, too! :cheer2:

jenji124
03-28-2010, 03:07 PM
I was really impressed by their commentary on Universal. I hope that they will continue to do more in the future.

judgejudy27
03-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Honestly after the way B&A were judged this season, as much as I feel they are still (or should have been) competitive with the top teams, the judges clearly don't agree. It's doubly sad because I don't think B&A ever reached their peak competitively. The programs we saw this season were the tip of the iceberg; Tanith and Ben could have really shown what they are capable of with another one or two seasons to let their new technique really gel.

If B&A were only interested in showing off their skating from an artistic standpoint skating marks be damned then I could see them coming back for another season. When it comes to potential marks then it would be pointless to return.

I admit that I was hoping for one more year even though I didn't really expect it. I'm a little more :( than I thought I would be. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tanith and Ben skate to for their future exhibitions but it won't be the same (for me) with both them and NavBoms gone. Especially at Nationals.

I agree with all you said. I loved their programs this year and I think they were only getting better. The next 1 or 2 years would have been even better as far as their packaging, programs, and skating I feel, if they felt they were still being given a fair chance. That is the sad part.

Jessica
03-29-2010, 02:31 AM
I was so impressed with B/A's commentary, especially Tanith's. I think the girl could really have a future in TV.

I'm really proud of how they have handled themselves this year, knowing how disappointed they had to be.

They're my favorite team and if they do retire from competitive skating, I'll really miss seeing them (as I did at Worlds). However, after the way they've been treated this year, I actually hope they do retire. They're both such wonderful people, I know they'll do well.

Yes
03-29-2010, 09:14 PM
Tanith and Ben taliking about the SOI tour, they have a fun number for this tour, great!

http://www.naplesnews.com/videos/detail/stars-ice-dancers-get-ready-show/

There is also Alissa speaking and Sasha skating.

HSGP21
03-30-2010, 12:28 PM
^Fun interview- wish I could see this show.

Another cute interview (http://www.esquire.com/women/the-sexiest-woman-alive/tanith-belbin-interview-032910) w.tan

kittyjake5
03-30-2010, 02:08 PM
Tanith and Ben taliking about the SOI tour, they have a fun number for this tour, great!

http://www.naplesnews.com/videos/detail/stars-ice-dancers-get-ready-show/

There is also Alissa speaking and Sasha skating.

Thanks for the clip. Tanith and Ben look so relaxed and happy.

Well my question about Alissa has been answered, she talks about her plans after the tour ends, she will be competing next season. Good for her. I wonder if she has decided on a coach yet.