PDA

View Full Version : I'll miss Tanith and Ben!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19

Yes
03-22-2010, 05:24 PM
I guess we can say bye bye to Tanitha dn ben nexts season

http://figureskating.about.com/od/famousicedancers/p/belbininterview.htm

Right now, so close after the 2010 Olympics, we are "Tanith and Ben," but we are both anxious to explore what there is in life outside of the "figure skating bubble," so I do believe we will separate eventually. We have decided to no longer compete. We know that there is so much more in life to explore and do! We will manage.

i'm sad

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-23-2010, 12:35 AM
Honestly after the way B&A were judged this season, as much as I feel they are still (or should have been) competitive with the top teams, the judges clearly don't agree. It's doubly sad because I don't think B&A ever reached their peak competitively. The programs we saw this season were the tip of the iceberg; Tanith and Ben could have really shown what they are capable of with another one or two seasons to let their new technique really gel.

If B&A were only interested in showing off their skating from an artistic standpoint skating marks be damned then I could see them coming back for another season. When it comes to potential marks then it would be pointless to return.

I admit that I was hoping for one more year even though I didn't really expect it. I'm a little more :( than I thought I would be. I'm looking forward to seeing what Tanith and Ben skate to for their future exhibitions but it won't be the same (for me) with both them and NavBoms gone. Especially at Nationals.

shizuka
03-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I guess we can say bye bye to Tanitha dn ben nexts season

http://figureskating.about.com/od/famousicedancers/p/belbininterview.htm

i'm sad
Thats too bad :( I was hoping really they would do one more season.

HSGP21
03-23-2010, 10:29 PM
Im just going to pretend I didn't see that and wait for the officially announcement from them before I get sad...

On a lighter note, can anyone find tanith and ben in this video? You see glimpses of them in the background (tanith almost gets hit by tara's sit spin)

Tara Lipinski's Special (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LhnKv3fBmSs)

neptune
03-23-2010, 10:41 PM
Thats too bad :( I was hoping really they would do one more season.

Remember when Justine Henin retired from competitive tennis? She was adamant that she was never coming back. Well, look what happened. ;) Of course, unlike tennis, ice dancing is judged and thus very subjective. But you just never know--as long as they don't do anything unsanctioned, skaters can always change their minds. :)

mishieru07
03-24-2010, 04:12 AM
I miss Tanith and Ben already! Was following the CD Worlds results live ... it felt so odd not to see their names up there as well. :(

Best of luck to them in all their future pursuits! :respec:

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-24-2010, 04:56 AM
Watching the CD's on Universal (all three of them) I found myself thinking about Tanith and Ben as well. I did miss them and it seemed strange to not see their names listed in the CD standings. I'm going to have to get used to that, NavBoms as well once this week is over.

HSGP21
03-25-2010, 08:33 PM
ok, as to be expected, I LOVE them as commentators... Very clear, honest and pleasant to listen to. Just great, and I love them working together:)

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-26-2010, 01:11 AM
Tanith and Ben :kickass: as commentators. It seemed as if they have been doing it for more than just this season. And I loved the skating loft section. It was funny listening to Peter ask Johhny what it was like to room with Tanith (seeing her beauty everyday) and ask Ben what it's been like to skate with her for the past few years. Tanith actually looked a little embarrassed.

Ben's voice is very sexy. :smokin: Did I just say that? :o

OlieRow
03-26-2010, 03:14 AM
Just watched the OD and Tanith and Ben were great. I'm sure it wasn't easy watching the success of D/W and V/M this season and then to have to discuss it (especially D/W) on the air, but they were so complimentary of both teams, especially D/W, and it seemed so genuine. They seem like such great people in addition to being talented skaters!

Carmen Ovsiannikov
03-26-2010, 04:56 AM
I wonder if it's a case of B&A being upset (in private) but perhaps the blow was softened at least a tiny bit by Tanith and Ben watching people they are close to (D&W in particular) being successful. Even though they might be feeling badly for themselves they are still happy for their friends. Of course it still can't have been easy to have to watch others succeed after you've been undeservedly dropped. Ben and Tanith get my vote for skaters of the year because of how they handled themselves this season. I don't imagine there are many other skaters who could have held themselves together that way. :respec:

paskatefan
03-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Watching the CD's on Universal (all three of them) I found myself thinking about Tanith and Ben as well. I did miss them and it seemed strange to not see their names listed in the CD standings. I'm going to have to get used to that, NavBoms as well once this week is over.

Same here. I love their work as commentators here, and hope they get to do more of it in the future! :encore:

TanithandBenFan
03-26-2010, 12:48 PM
I'd like to start a campaign to have Tanith or the combination of Tanith/Ben replace Suzie and Tracy next season as UniSports/NBC's official dance commentators! Time to bring some fresh voices/opinions to the landscape!

Terri
03-26-2010, 03:17 PM
I will miss them dearly if they decide to take their careers in a different direction, but I'd hate to see a repeat of this season. If they continue to compete only to be disappointed, then I'm happy to see them move on to bigger and better things.

Tanith and Ben are what has kept me interested in figure skating since Michelle Kwan hasn't been competing. I love them as skaters and people. They are always so gracious to their competitors and fans.

laviemn
03-26-2010, 06:21 PM
Belbin & Agosto were fantastic commentators. Their technical remarks were more detailed and precise than Susie Wynne's or Tracy Wilson's, the timing was on point, and their voices were great for broadcast (which surprised me bit since Tanith can be high-pitched). They were positive and respectful towards all teams but weren't afraid to be critical even of the Americans. What impressed me most is that if they have personal or geographical biases, or any resentments, you couldn't tell from their commentary. They were upfront about feeling invested in Davis & White and then proceeded to be fair-minded towards everyone. They were a breath of fresh air and all other North American commentators could take a lesson from them.