PDA

View Full Version : ToToToT: The Day the World Turned Ganguro

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67

falling_dance
03-17-2010, 02:50 AM
#673: Non less excited because I got to go to the Olympiks! :cheer2:

:)

Oh, Brother. :polite applause:

the 2018 Winter Olympics:

Munich
PyeongChang
Annecy

Need I say more about our dearest auntie(s)?

It's not true! Auntie icedance is a liar...she's a liar! :wuzrobbed

Buzz
03-17-2010, 03:12 AM
PyeongChang

Favourite American sporting icon...

Michael Jordon
Babe Ruth
Tiger Woods
Muhammed Ali
Barry Bonds

falling_dance
03-17-2010, 03:14 AM
MK.

Okay, I choose Michael Jordan from that group.

having several different swimming and sprinting races at the Olympics, differentiated only by the length of the track or the number of laps:

yea
nay
purple indifference

Buzz
03-17-2010, 03:21 AM
YES :cheer2:

Who should host the 2018 World Cup of Soccer/Football?

Australia
USA
Japan
Russia
England
Belgium/Netherlands
Spain/Portugal

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_and_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bids

icedance21
03-17-2010, 03:41 AM
It's not true! Auntie icedance is a liar...she's a liar! :wuzrobbed
:violin: Auntie icedance is an extremely honest Auntie. :drama:

Ordinarily I would say the hosts should be the countries that have not hosted it recently (meaning Russia and Australia, which have never hosted). However, I detect more of a football/soccer passion in England, which hasn't hosted since 1966, so I'll say England should hold 2018 and Russia should host 2022. A problem with Australia (which I suspect is the reason why ISU has given them so few events) is that it is geographically isolated to the extreme and therefore a hassle to travel to. However, if a European country hosts 2018, then I believe a European country cannot host the next two World Cups (some sort of silly rule).

repeat #679

Dr.Siouxs
03-17-2010, 03:50 AM
Club soda actually ... which is that?? :confused:

That would be sparkling water. :D

Portugal.

Reports I remember doing in elementary school
Alcatraz (California topic report)
California History (I slapped this one together the night before :P)
The State of Georgia (state report...all i remember is that their bird is the brown thrasher and that they invented Coke.)
Nixon's cat "socks" (famous animals report)
Richard Nixon (President's report...I did a choppy job.)
Francisco Pizzarro (explorer's report...he was an assmunch)

Buzz
03-17-2010, 04:04 AM
Spain/Portugal - are broke so that is not a good idea in my opinion.
Australia - is far away but once there, the teams will be there a while so distance should not be too much of a deterant.
USA - financial troubles plus footie is not a sport AMericans care much for and could hurt to tournament should it be sent there again.
Russia - wants it bad enough to spend whatever it takes to hold a great tournament, and could be the only way they will get to the WC. Europe is just too tough a group for them to get out of. LOL
Japan - still has the stadiums from the last time it hosted which was not that long ago.
Belgium/Netherland are great football nations but they have the space and resources to put on a tournament this big.
England - definitely have the facilities, fan base, and motivation to host a knock out tournament. But hooliganism could be a big problem however....
So I will pick the English for 2018.
For 2022 I would pick Indonesia. :)

Alcatraz (California topic report)

Jennifer Garner
Jennifer Lopez
Jennier Aniston
Jennifer Love Hewitt
Jennifer Connelly

falling_dance
03-17-2010, 04:10 AM
Jennifer Connelly

Reports I remember doing in elementary school :P

the state of Alabama (on lime green poster board, proving that I have bad taste)
the manatee (my best work ever)
Thomas Edison (:yawn:)
the Universe (ten-and-a-half pages of double-spaced, handwritten brilliance)
Spain ("And what are tapas?" asked my teacher. "I don't know", I replied.)

slicekw
03-17-2010, 04:19 AM
Auntie falling_dance, I bet you could have contributed to The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy with that report on the Universe.

School writings I remember:
an uber-cutesy iambic pentameter poem about snowflakes, just to tease the student teacher who was really really impressed
purple pen left-handed messy "ohno, I have only one piece of paper" papers
a first-grade report on John Kennedy
the most books read plus written mini-reviews for a readathon held by the librarian

falling_dance
03-17-2010, 04:25 AM
the most books read plus written mini-reviews for a readathon held by the librarian

:encore:, slicekw. Were there any prizes?

How much fiction have you written?

none
one or two short stories
a novel and some stories
several novels
Why, don't you know who I am? I've not only written, but had countless books published! :drama:

Dr.Siouxs
03-17-2010, 05:33 AM
Reports I remember doing in elementary school :P
the manatee (my best work ever)

Ooh, I also remember doing a report on wolves. A long time love of mine, obviously. I too would like to read your universe report, falling_dance. See if you can dig it up. I wonder if a child's conceptions of cosmology hold any particular resonance. :COP:

I have a stash of poems written around the age of 17. My desire to write "fiction" has rather fallen away, however, although I do enjoy writing generally.

And you?

falling_dance
03-17-2010, 05:51 AM
I wrote that universe report eighteen years ago. It was destroyed long ago. It was :yawn:.

As for fiction, I wrote a horrible short story about a Holocaust victim when I was in high school. That's about it. When I was a senior in high school and then a college student, I thought that I might write book reviews and effays. What a hack I was. :wall:

I'm dead without the vowel _ on my keyboard:

a
e
i
o
u
y

Dr.Siouxs
03-17-2010, 06:46 AM
O. Makes typing my name difficult. :2faced:

Do you ever eat in the bathroom?
eys! I take all three meals on the toilet!!!
only lunch on the toilet
sandwiches in the shower
um, no, never.......:scream:
an occasional breathe mint
____________?

Dr.Siouxs
03-17-2010, 06:54 AM
It seems that I am on two of the four top posters top 10 lists :yikes: (atrocious for someone supposedly working and in law school). So, the time has come to begin fasting...no posts for me outside of ToToToT and ISWU. :(

ETA: Oh I also remember a school report on the planet Mercury. We were also supposed to make up an "alien" from our planet. Mine was made from legos and took 3 minutes. :2faced:

falling_dance
03-17-2010, 06:57 AM
I'm not sure there's a room of any house or apartment I've resided in where I haven't taken refreshment at least once. :shuffle:

wax crayons
oil crayons
colored pencils