PDA

View Full Version : Terry Gannon

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

goldberry99
02-19-2010, 08:33 AM
Terry has a facebook page -
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1209366675

I sent him a note and he replied within a day! If anyone else wants to send cheers and thanks to Terry, he sounds like he appreciates it!

Here's what I sent:

I just wanted to drop you a note that as a figure skating fan, it is WONDERFUL to hear your commentary again! I don't get UniversalSports, but I am downloading your hour long review/preview every day. You have always moved the broadcasts along at a perfect pace, explained the technical aspects to lay-audiences, and been emotional without getting carried away.

I understand why cable companies hire "name recognition" former champions as commentators, but unfortunately they always seem to lack your broadcasting skills. I hope you know how much figure skating fans love you!

Terry's response:

Thanks so much for your kind words. I really miss covering skating and am having a blast here.

AnnieBgood
02-19-2010, 10:43 AM
He has simply one of the most comforting voices in sports broadcasting.
I agree! He's lovely.

AnnieBgood
02-19-2010, 10:47 AM

I sent him a note and he replied within a day! If anyone else wants to send cheers and thanks to Terry, he sounds like he appreciates it!

Here's what I sent:

I just wanted to drop you a note that as a figure skating fan, it is WONDERFUL to hear your commentary again! I don't get UniversalSports, but I am downloading your hour long review/preview every day. You have always moved the broadcasts along at a perfect pace, explained the technical aspects to lay-audiences, and been emotional without getting carried away.

I understand why cable companies hire "name recognition" former champions as commentators, but unfortunately they always seem to lack your broadcasting skills. I hope you know how much figure skating fans love you!

Terry's response:

Thanks so much for your kind words. I really miss covering skating and am having a blast here.
He plays Farmville! :lol:

Ajax
02-19-2010, 04:36 PM

:respec:

aftershocks
02-19-2010, 06:18 PM
They should replae Tom Hammond with Terry for the Figure Skating commentary. While they're at it, replace Scott with Paul and Sandra with Susie Wynn or Tracy...get the whole ESPN back together!

ITA :respec:

pandask8
02-19-2010, 06:34 PM

Here's what I sent:

Terry's response:

Where can you download the Figure skating hour?

Messalina
02-20-2010, 06:10 AM
Ahhh, I luv the Terry Gannon luv thread! I miss his smart, funny commentating. We don't get Universal Sports (it's so heartbreaking, I can barely stand to contemplate what I'm missing), so I'd also like to know where you can download his commentary. Is it an audio podcast or video?

I would have LOVED to have been there in San Jose when Rudi won! But being right there in the arena when Shen and Zhao performed their brilliant long to win their 2nd Worlds (and where Michelle won her last) was an incredible, pulse-racing live sports moment that I think he's talking about and I'm so grateful I was able to be there for it. It's so great that his general love of sports extends to urging people to fully experience it.

bibi24
03-16-2010, 04:53 AM
They should replae Tom Hammond with Terry for the Figure Skating commentary. While they're at it, replace Scott with Paul and Sandra with Susie Wynn or Tracy...get the whole ESPN back together!

Much <3 to Terry Gannon!

Tom Hammond is such a robotic mono-tone "captain obvious" booooring commentator. He's also got some kind of weird accent =/

Rob
03-16-2010, 05:03 PM
Because he's one of the rare (dare I say ONLY) non-skater commentators that doesn't treat figure skating gigs like he drew the short straw. He approached figure skating with an open mind in the beginning and subsequently grew to love the sport. That's why many love him. He's shows respect to the sport, and in turn the fans show him respect.

ITA, he really learned about the sport during his skating tenure, and his commentary improved as a result. And he's easy on the eye!

myamya
03-18-2010, 12:14 AM

I totally agree with you especially for replacing Scott part. I'm still upset about his stupid comment, which he said 3-3 results in higher score than 3A-2 because 3+3=6 is greater than 3.5+2=5.5. That's not very professional way to explain the difficulty of jumps. :mad:

mtnskater
03-18-2010, 04:10 AM
Tara has been such a pleasant surprise as a commentator. She was again very good in her analysis on the Universal Sports Review/Preview at the Olympics. I think her voice is just the right tone too.

Another surprise is Michael Weiss. Also quite good and interesting. Good voice.

lamarenee
06-06-2010, 10:45 PM
This weekend, Terry Gannon was the co-anchor of the collegiate championships of college rugby "7s" on NBC. Is it possibly that he's now working for NBC/Universal Sports full-time? And if so, any chance he'll do some figure skating coverage?

SpeedySucks
06-07-2010, 04:04 AM
This weekend, Terry Gannon was the co-anchor of the collegiate championships of college rugby "7s" on NBC. Is it possibly that he's now working for NBC/Universal Sports full-time? And if so, any chance he'll do some figure skating coverage?

Terry also did gymnastics on NBC a few weeks ago. I'm hoping he stays in that role through the London Olympics.

Fridge_Break
06-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Terry for DWTS, please! :cheer2:

HisWeirness
06-07-2010, 04:31 AM
Terry seems to be all over the dial lately. Here's an article (http://www.thegolfchannel.com/tour-insider/veteran-broadcaster-gannon-joins-golf-channel-36287/) saying he's doing work for the Golf Channel as well.