PDA

View Full Version : Up in coming Russian Ladies Figure Skaters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24

kwanfan1818
06-08-2010, 03:52 PM
Regardless of how finished any particular skater is and how successful she eventually will be in competition, it's an embarrassment of riches in Russian Ladies skating right now :respec:

pinky166
06-08-2010, 07:41 PM
Back on topic... it's really great to have so many talented young Russian ladies right now, and I'm fascinated to see which ones will end up being the main contendors for Sochi.

Probably most of them, those Russian coaches are intense and most of the young skaters appear to be intense as well. In the US and Japan there are always a lot of talented skaters who maintain a very high level of skating once they are older, I see the same happening with Russia in the ladies field. Puberty, injuries, or lack of interest will likely knock out a few girls, but there are just so many of them right now that I assume quite a few will continue to be competitive internationally on the senior stage.

pinky166
06-17-2010, 03:21 AM
Have you guys seen this kid? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-56G___FfSI Her name is Elena Radinova and she's only 10 :eek: !
She's cute as a button and really good considering her age, I mean honestly she's like Mao level when Mao was 10. Also, not only can she jump but she has good musicality and interpretation for such a young girl.

oleada
06-17-2010, 03:24 AM
Yeah, Radionova has been on the scene for a whole now, and she's been winning pretty much everything in her age category. She was born in 1999 and has a 3T, 3S, 3Lo & 3Lz. She's also attempted a 3T+3T.

I think she might be the most talented of all of them. Her musicality and energy are awesome.

pinky166
06-17-2010, 03:29 AM
Yeah, Radionova has been on the scene for a whole now, and she's been winning pretty much everything in her age category. She was born in 1999 and has a 3T, 3S, 3Lo & 3Lz. She's also attempted a 3T+3T.

I think she might be the most talented of all of them. Her musicality and energy are awesome.

Oh wow, I didn't know all that, good for her. Her energy and musicality remind me of Anna Ovcharova's, but her jump technique is better. She's adorable, shame she won't be old enough for Sochi.

Dr.Siouxs
06-17-2010, 04:13 AM

:eek: at the thought of someone being born in 1999 and doing triple-triples. I feel old. :slinkaway

pinky166
06-17-2010, 07:56 PM
Well, Plushenko appears to be a fan of her http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jol5pf41S70&feature=related which is probably a good sign :)

Ziggy
06-17-2010, 09:50 PM
What is really incredible about Radionova is how mature and musical she is for that age. :)

pinky166
06-17-2010, 09:57 PM
What is really incredible about Radionova is how mature and musical she is for that age. :)

I know! When does she turn 11?

Autumn_girl
06-18-2010, 06:55 AM
I know! When does she turn 11?

Already 11. Her birthday is in January. I fist saw her about a year or two ago and was impressed, she was about 9 y.o. and did triples!

Hedwig
06-18-2010, 08:27 AM
You know, everytime I open this thread I am happy and my heart bleeds a little bit at the same time knowing that a lot of these amazing skaters will never be even at a World Championship or win a medal there, even though they all have the potential to do so.

It would be so great if we had a few experts on the Japanese scene as well who could fill a similar thread with the Japanese girls as there are a lot of special juniors as well.

Eris
06-18-2010, 08:48 AM
Here is Lena's these season SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cb5ZI-_46g&feature=player_embedded very beautiful :)

She reminds me of Anna O., too. So cute girl.:)

Sylvia
06-18-2010, 12:47 PM
You know, everytime I open this thread I am happy and my heart bleeds a little bit at the same time knowing that a lot of these amazing skaters will never be even at a World Championship or win a medal there, even though they all have the potential to do so.
That's why we fans need to appreciate all these young talents here and now because you never know what the future will bring and when skaters will peak.

It would be so great if we had a few experts on the Japanese scene as well who could fill a similar thread with the Japanese girls as there are a lot of special juniors as well.
I've bumped up a thread for you :): http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72997
(there don't seem to be that many recent videos available right now but hopefully that will change as the season starts)

pinky166
06-18-2010, 01:32 PM

Maybe they can switch to represent different countries? Like maybe Canada, who could really use all these talented female skaters!

pinky166
06-18-2010, 01:33 PM
Here is Lena's these season SP http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Cb5ZI-_46g&feature=player_embedded very beautiful :)

She reminds me of Anna O., too. So cute girl.:)

I love her arms! So expressive :)

Also is she a Moscow or St. Pete girl? Who is her coach?