View Full Version : Up in coming Russian Ladies Figure Skaters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24

Ziggy
05-03-2010, 03:14 PM
To think....Doronina was good enough to win a Russian title recently. :lol:

And then she went to Euros where she received PCS in the 3s. :rofl:

Autumn_girl
05-03-2010, 04:40 PM
Goodness Shelepen looks taller and skinner than ever! How tall is she now? Every time I see that girl skate her legs get longer and longer, she's probably Kostner height by now or will end up Kostner height once she finishes growing. Might hurt her jumps though, those tall girls often have jump consistency issues.

She is about 160 cm, Ovcharova and Sotnikova are the same height. Polina is not too tall, but she is thin and has long legs, so she looks taller

Markulliz
05-03-2010, 04:57 PM
Way too many up and coming Russian female skaters. How are they all so good? This is just like beyond ridiculous :eek:

Here is an answer for you, when you look at this little alike Totmyanina girl. She even has Totmyanina/Mukhortova costume.:cool:

Aleksandrova
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGG6VTFpPrg

Lets not forget Russia has great champions like Berezhnaya, Totmyanina, Navka, Domnina, Butirskaya, Sluskaya, Gorgeeva and so on. Russian girls can always look at one of them as a great example.

pinky166
05-03-2010, 04:59 PM
She is about 160 cm, Ovcharova and Sotnikova are the same height. Polina is not too tall, but she is thin and has long legs, so she looks taller

Oh okay, even if she grows a couple more inches she will still be a good height for skating, lots of the top ladies seem to be in the 160-165 cm range. I thought all of them were taller than that (160 cm is like 5'3" right?) but likely it's just because of the long thin legs and then ice skates add like 3-4 inches. I wonder if it means Shelepen, Ovcharova, and Sotnikova will end up being quite tall though, Mao and Yuna who are both around 5'4"-5'5" were only around 5'0"-5'1" when they were 14, so if those girls grow 3-5 more inches it means they'll end up in the 5'6"-5'8" range which is pretty huge for a figure skater.

Autumn_girl
05-03-2010, 06:08 PM
Here is an answer for you, when you look at this little alike Totmyanina girl. She even has Totmyanina/Mukhortova costume.:cool:

Aleksandrova
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGG6VTFpPrg

Oh, wow, this girl is really good too! She is about 9-10 years old, right? As well as Katya Visotina. I think we can expect to see more impressive young skaters in the next few years when girls like them will learn triples. Last year Lipnitskaya also had only doubles.

Oh okay, even if she grows a couple more inches she will still be a good height for skating, lots of the top ladies seem to be in the 160-165 cm range. I thought all of them were taller than that (160 cm is like 5'3" right?) but likely it's just because of the long thin legs and then ice skates add like 3-4 inches. I wonder if it means Shelepen, Ovcharova, and Sotnikova will end up being quite tall though, Mao and Yuna who are both around 5'4"-5'5" were only around 5'0"-5'1" when they were 14, so if those girls grow 3-5 more inches it means they'll end up in the 5'6"-5'8" range which is pretty huge for a figure skater.

It's hard to tell now if they will grow a lot or not. For example, my friend was about 160 cm (yes, it's like 5'3"), 10 cm taller than me, when we both were 13-14 y.o. And now, almost 10 years later, we are the same height, 163-165 cm.

pinky166
05-03-2010, 09:11 PM
Oh, wow, this girl is really good too! She is about 9-10 years old, right? As well as Katya Visotina. I think we can expect to see more impressive young skaters in the next few years when girls like them will learn triples. Last year Lipnitskaya also had only doubles.

It's hard to tell now if they will grow a lot or not. For example, my friend was about 160 cm (yes, it's like 5'3"), 10 cm taller than me, when we both were 13-14 y.o. And now, almost 10 years later, we are the same height, 163-165 cm.

Holy! That girl is amazing! This is just ridiculous.

As for the height issue, mostly it depends on when the girls go through puberty. It looks like Shelepen and Sotnikova have not hit puberty yet, meaning they very well could grow quite a bit taller. Anna maybe will not grow as much as the other two as she looks physically more mature, but she is also very young which means she could continue to grow quite a bit too. One thing I've noticed is that a lot of the Russian coaches look very tall, and this may be part of the reason why Russians dominate on the junior ranks and then tend to dissappear once they become senior.

Marco
05-05-2010, 04:32 AM
I am not sure if someone has mentioned it up-thread, but I wonder if, just because there are so many amazing Russian girls now, they will all try to peak early in the season to make JGPF to differentiate themselves and get the Russian Fed/ judges on their sides. And then of course the most important month is December with JGPF and Russian Nationals. One has to wonder if they would still have it in them by Junior Worlds in March/ April.

This problem will turn senior as the skaters do as well when we approach Sochi.

elif
05-05-2010, 08:08 AM
I don't know her age but I don't think she will get JGP assignments as she was only 12th at junior nationals and Russia already appears to have a very crowded JGP ladies team for next season.

Russia not strict like USA. Anna Ovcharova last year 16th at the RJNC. but she did JGP. she placed 5th at the Hungary but get the second assignment.

Russian Federation need a strategy about this. last year Sofia Biryukova win a silver but didn't get any other JGP.

Kachalina is born 8 July 1996, so 13 y. o. now. She is also from the Mishin's group.

Thanks. i think she has a chance to get JGP assignments.

Fashionista
05-05-2010, 08:41 AM
last year Sofia Biryukova win a silver but didn't get any other JGP.

She didn't get the second assignment because she took part in the last JGP in Istanbul. Nobody was ready for her silver because her previous season wasn't great. She actually got that JPG spot only due to her good results on some Moscow competitions that fall.

pinky166
05-05-2010, 02:25 PM
She didn't get the second assignment because she took part in the last JGP in Istanbul. Nobody was ready for her silver because her previous season wasn't great. She actually got that JPG spot only due to her good results on some Moscow competitions that fall.

Oh ok. I know Anna got JGP assignments despite being 16th at RJNC because she was 2nd at crystal skate that spring and did well at some local competitions as well. Roza got two JGP assignments and didn't even compete at RJNC last year but she was 3rd at crystal skate and also did well at some local competitions. Last year though Russia didn't have that many skaters who were old enough for JGP and that's why skaters like Roza and Anna got to go, and even earned 2nd events despite placing 6th and 5th at their first events.

Autumn_girl
05-06-2010, 08:23 PM
I also like this girl, Polina Korobeinikova.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4VjX88ByGY
She doesn't have 3Lz and 3F yet, but she is only 14 and has time to learn it, and she already has 2A-3T combo. I'm a huge fan of her coach, Victoria Volchkova (she also coaches Sofya Biryukova). I like the way she works with her girls, they all have nice lines, arms, musicality and their jumps are good too.

millyskate
05-06-2010, 09:11 PM

ITA. In fact 13/14 is a perfectly normal age for a girl to stop growing. I stopped at 12. I'm always amused by speculation that skaters of 15 are still likely to grow masses. They are more than likely finished, or nearly finished, already.

pinky166
05-06-2010, 09:51 PM
ITA. In fact 13/14 is a perfectly normal age for a girl to stop growing. I stopped at 12. I'm always amused by speculation that skaters of 15 are still likely to grow masses. They are more than likely finished, or nearly finished, already.

Maybe. Mirai was 4'11" at age 14 though and is now 5'4", and actually she's been that height for awhile, she grew 5 inches in about a year when she was 15. Caroline Zhang did the same thing, and I want to say Yuna and Mao were pretty short at 14 too and have grown a good 3-4 inches since. It's hard to tell though, they might grow a lot more or they may hardly grow any more at all. Time will tell.

My goodness though I was looking at these pictures from the JGPF and Anna looks SO strong, clearly the most muscular of all the junior ladies, she is made of steel! I think we'll be seeing a lot of her, with muscles like that she's bound to keep that good spring to her jumps she has now.
http://eurasia-sports.net/Figure/09-gpf-jr.html

tkrm7778
05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I also like this girl, Polina Korobeinikova.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4VjX88ByGY
She doesn't have 3Lz and 3F yet, but she is only 14 and has time to learn it, and she already has 2A-3T combo. I'm a huge fan of her coach, Victoria Volchkova (she also coaches Sofya Biryukova). I like the way she works with her girls, they all have nice lines, arms, musicality and their jumps are good too.

A propos of this club ("Moskvich") where Sofya Biryukova, Polina Korobeinikova, Anna Shershak are training with Volchkova the rumours are currently saying that Morozov is coming there as a coach. The rest is currently unclear I don't know if he will form his own group, but at least "Moskvich" seems to be his future ice rink. He will probably work as a consultant for other girls, training in other clubs, but I think most are likely to stay with their current coaches.

pinky166
05-10-2010, 10:57 PM
A propos of this club ("Moskvich") where Sofya Biryukova, Polina Korobeinikova, Anna Shershak are training with Volchkova the rumours are currently saying that Morozov is coming there as a coach. The rest is currently unclear I don't know if he will form his own group, but at least "Moskvich" seems to be his future ice rink. He will probably work as a consultant for other girls, training in other clubs, but I think most are likely to stay with their current coaches.

That will sure be interesting. But actually, Morozov could be good for Birukova who seems to have a lot of talent but not the best packaging.