PDA

View Full Version : Up in coming Russian Ladies Figure Skaters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Ziggy
04-29-2010, 11:11 PM
I'm betting most are going to drop off after hitting puberty. :P

CaptCrunch
04-30-2010, 02:21 AM
I don't know who is going to make it Sochi but its certainly over for Leonova and by 2014 it will probably be over for Makarova as well. Too much up and coming talent in Russian ladies to be denied.

pinky166
04-30-2010, 02:25 AM
I'm betting most are going to drop off after hitting puberty. :P

Which is why Makarova might still be a big name come Sochi, because she is past all the growing pains. Anna also looks pretty mature and Shelepen is a stick but a decent height already. Puberty probably will cut down the number of them for sure, but there are so many that I feel at least some will continue to progress. I think the days of Leonova as the future of Russia are coming to an end though....

ali_dorate
04-30-2010, 02:58 AM
I heard that Mishin had checked Liza's family and came to the conclusion that she would not became tall or fat.
I don't know this is true.
And yes, I agree that Liza has a problem on consistency until now.

Besides, Makarova has an advantage that one of her coach is Galina who lead Oksana Baiul to an Olympic champion, while Mishin himself has little experience on coaching ladies skaters. (I don't know who Liza's real coach is).
Anyway Liza is so promising. I hope she will overcome the puberty problems.

Autumn_girl
04-30-2010, 03:22 AM
There are about 10 or even more promising girls for Sochi:
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Adelina Sotnikova
Julia Lipnitskaya
Polina Shelepen
Polina Agafonova
Anna Ovcharova
Sofya Biryukova (already 15 and still has her jumps)
Darya Medvedeva
Kristina Zaseeva
Nikol Gosviani
Rosa Sheveleva

11 ;) Plus Darya Afanasieva who is not that strong yet, but has 3T-3T, and maybe Alexandra Deeva. And more to come (Elena Radionova, Alsu Kayumova are too young for Sochi, but really strong). Even if most of them will be hurt by puberty, 2-3 should stay and that's will be enough. I think it will be Liza (her good technique will help her) and I hope it will be Julia, she is simply amazing

pinky166
04-30-2010, 03:53 AM
There are about 10 or even more promising girls for Sochi:
Elizaveta Tuktamysheva
Adelina Sotnikova
Julia Lipnitskaya
Polina Shelepen
Polina Agafonova
Anna Ovcharova
Sofya Biryukova (already 15 and still has her jumps)
Darya Medvedeva
Kristina Zaseeva
Nikol Gosviani
Rosa Sheveleva

11 ;) Plus Darya Afanasieva who is not that strong yet, but has 3T-3T, and maybe Alexandra Deeva. And more to come (Elena Radionova, Alsu Kayumova are too young for Sochi, but really strong). Even if most of them will be hurt by puberty, 2-3 should stay and that's will be enough. I think it will be Liza (her good technique will help her) and I hope it will be Julia, she is simply amazing

I agree, but Julia I just have to wonder if her back will last that long, those spirals are INSANE :eek:. Agafonova definitely has a future, and even if she does lose some of the jumps due to puberty she likely could still do very well in pairs, which apparently there is talk of her switching to the pairs discipline. I really like Anna personally because she is so expressive and exciting and has beautiful body lines, jumps still a bit funny looking but she has all the triples and no edge problems and can rotate them so I think there is hope for her, plus she is quite tall already (or at least appears so). Liza's technique is so good I think she will be fine. Adelina has had a lot of jump problems recently but her spins, spirals, and grace are in a league of their own so she can likely become great without intense 3lz-3lo combos in her arsenal. I like Ksenia too and she seems to be improving nicely. Roza :cheer: and Sofya are my favorites of the "underdogs" they are lovely and hope they continue to improve.

They all have their merits basically and I think Russia is coming back strong in skating. Roza and Anna are totally the cutest though.

parasolka
05-01-2010, 06:07 PM
Just to add to your list another ballerina Maria Stavitskaya 12 y.o.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSasj2g7Tig&feature=related

pinky166
05-01-2010, 06:41 PM

She's very pretty and graceful but her jumps are pretty weak, maybe she will switch to pairs and do very well.

I still like Anna the best. I hope she does another jazzy program next year because her SP this season was just too fun to watch.

Autumn_girl
05-01-2010, 06:46 PM

She doesn't have difficult jumps yet (but I think she will, she is in Mishin's group :) )
But I think we can add to the list one very interesting girl, Valeria Kachalina. She is so musical and lovely to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLwCsZzrRNU

Ziggy
05-01-2010, 07:11 PM
I think physical changes might be the least of the problems.

I'm much more worried about the shift of focus from skating to boys/partying/shopping.

Remember Oblasova and Basova? :P

Autumn_girl
05-01-2010, 07:30 PM

I'm much more worried about the shift of focus from skating to boys/partying/shopping.

Maybe it will happen with some of them. Maybe not. But I'm sure it will not happen with all of them. There are 11(!) really strong girls with all triples or/and 3-3 (plus Afanasieva and Kachalina), I think 2-3 will stay, maybe even more. That's enough for the strong team for Sochi, plus there are also Leonova and Makarova

Ziggy
05-01-2010, 07:36 PM
Well yeah, there's more than enough of them to ensure continuity in Russian skating.

pinky166
05-02-2010, 03:27 AM

I have heard Shelepen and Ovcharova are very social and really like to dance....I think it gives them more personality on the ice but I hope they don't ditch skating for boys, that would be so silly :lol:!

elif
05-02-2010, 09:59 AM
But I think we can add to the list one very interesting girl, Valeria Kachalina. She is so musical and lovely to watch
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLwCsZzrRNU

how old is she? she seems taller than the others

pinky166
05-02-2010, 01:37 PM
how old is she? she seems taller than the others

I don't know her age but I don't think she will get JGP assignments as she was only 12th at junior nationals and Russia already appears to have a very crowded JGP ladies team for next season.