PDA

View Full Version : Up in coming Russian Ladies Figure Skaters

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

Markulliz
04-27-2010, 04:19 PM
Wow Afanasieva and Agafonova really great, but Lipniskaya, Adelina and Liza are even better:eek:

pinky166
04-27-2010, 06:38 PM
No, the initial U.S. JGP assignments won't be determined until sometime next month, from what I've heard. Last year, the initial list of U.S. JGP athletes selected (not actual assignments) was published online in June, AFTER the Senior GP assignments were published. The SGP selection meeting is taking place around 2 weeks later this year, before the ISU Congress in mid-June.

Oh ok. But the USA team envelopes I do think are coming out in a few days still, it's always been in April in the past. It's just crazy to think about how Russia was the highest placing country in the ladies event at Junior Worlds and got the max number of JGP spots and they STILL don't have enough to accomadate all the skaters that deserve to go, that is so intense! It might be easier to make the senior GPF than the JGPF next season :lol:!

I wonder if Shelepen will ditch the gaudy unitards in the coming season :wall:, she's such a pretty girl and yet she always seems to wear bright, funny-looking unitards for her programs. I'm sad she ditched the red dress this season, that was such a nice costume for her.

Eris
04-27-2010, 07:36 PM
I wonder if Shelepen will ditch the gaudy unitards in the coming season :wall:, she's such a pretty girl and yet she always seems to wear bright, funny-looking unitards for her programs. I'm sad she ditched the red dress this season, that was such a nice costume for her.
I've heard that Morozov is going to work with Shelepen and Linitskaya. But not sure.

pinky166
04-27-2010, 09:02 PM
I've heard that Morozov is going to work with Shelepen and Linitskaya. But not sure.

Meaning we are likely in for more gaudy costumes and arm flailing choreography :rolleyes:.....can't wait :lol:! I wonder if Anna and Adelina will go to him too where they both live in Moscow, they seem to have pretty good choreography already though.

ali_dorate
04-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Thank you all the posters who taught me about Liza.

I was a bit surprised to know that :

First of all, Mishin is not a full-time coach as some people may think. He is only a consultant for all of his students (including Plushenko), there are another coaches and choreographers in his group.

I read the Yagudin's autobiography "Overcome" before. I remember he said that Mishin was a coach who wanted to control every little bite of his high-potential students.
Maybe he has changed his way.

I actually think Liza has a good sense of music-for her age.

I, too, think Liza is musical enough for her age and hope her choreographer will make her beautiful programs next season.

pinky166
04-27-2010, 10:43 PM
Thank you all the posters who taught me about Liza.

I was a bit surprised to know that :

I read the Yagudin's autobiography "Overcome" before. I remember he said that Mishin was a coach who wanted to control every little bite of his high-potential students.

I, too, think Liza is musical enough for her age and hope her choreographer will make her beautiful programs next season.

Liza does not live in St. Petersburg so obviously she could not work with Mishin full time even if he was a full time coach. As for Liza, she is extremely talented, but if people think Sofya and Anna's inconsistency is a problem, Liza's is no better. Didn't Roza Sheleva beat her in a competition recently? And she fell twice in her SP at Russian Nationals, and was only 4th at Junior Nationals despite being to most talented skater there with the most technically difficult program planned. Hope she can get it together in time for the JGP, she is capable of easily winning the JGPF she just needs to get there first, and where the field is going to be so strong next season, it's gonna be a lot harder to qualify. The only Russian junior lady that is even somewhat consistent is Shelepen, the rest (Agafonova, Ovcharova, Birukova, Sotnikova, Sheveleva, Tuktamsheva) are all quite unpredictable. It's a shame too because almost all of them can be better skaters than Shelepen if they skate well.

Autumn_girl
04-28-2010, 05:47 AM

Yes, he was a full-time coach, but he is not anymore, now he is a consultant. For example, when Katarina Gerboldt was in his group in her ISU biography was listed Mishin as a coach, but most of the time Tatyana Mishina worked with her and Mishin only helped them.

. The only Russian junior lady that is even somewhat consistent is Shelepen, the rest (Agafonova, Ovcharova, Birukova, Sotnikova, Sheveleva, Tuktamsheva) are all quite unpredictable. It's a shame too because almost all of them can be better skaters than Shelepen if they skate well.
The same can be said about most of the junior ladies in the World and about some seniors. It's hard to be in a good shape whole season and these girls are all too young, don't have experience yet and growing a lot. It will come with time

pinky166
04-28-2010, 04:53 PM
Yes, he was a full-time coach, but he is not anymore, now he is a consultant. For example, when Katarina Gerboldt was in his group in her ISU biography was listed Mishin as a coach, but most of the time Tatyana Mishina worked with her and Mishin only helped them.

The same can be said about most of the junior ladies in the World and about some seniors. It's hard to be in a good shape whole season and these girls are all too young, don't have experience yet and growing a lot. It will come with time

I certainly hope so, but realistically there is a chance they may become the Carolina Kostner's and Alissa Czisny's of the next quad. For the most part though, these Russian girls seem feisty and ready to attack no matter what, so I tend to think they will learn how to be good competitors with more time, or at least always go for it. One thing I notice among the Russian girls, they may fall a lot but very rarely do any of them pop or double jumps, which is good to see because it means they are attacking their programs and trying to get as many points as possible. So there is a lot of hope for them. I know Agafonova and Ovcharova have both had a fair share of downgrades this season but they both keep plugging away and doing the hard jumps in their programs and as a result they are both doing better, much less downgrades for both girls recently.

Autumn_girl
04-29-2010, 11:48 AM
Very promising 12 y.o. girl with clean 3T-3T, Darya Afanasieva. Her LP from Crystal skate where she was 2nd (behind Darya Medvedeva)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOBGzJ3tNL4
I like her arms and musicality, she is a bit slow, but I think it can be improved

pinky166
04-29-2010, 06:14 PM
Very promising 12 y.o. girl with clean 3T-3T, Darya Afanasieva. Her LP from Crystal skate where she was 2nd (behind Darya Medvedeva)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cOBGzJ3tNL4
I like her arms and musicality, she is a bit slow, but I think it can be improved

Way too many up and coming Russian female skaters. How are they all so good? This is just like beyond ridiculous :eek:

Little Princess
04-29-2010, 06:56 PM
Way too many up and coming Russian female skaters. How are they all so good? This is just like beyond ridiculous :eek:

The Russian Fed must've built some kind of factory.

Fashionista
04-29-2010, 06:58 PM
The girl is slow and skating on absolutely straight legs. Don't think she's in the same league as the rest Russian girls.

Ziggy
04-29-2010, 07:06 PM
The girl is slow and skating on absolutely straight legs. Don't think she's in the same league as the rest Russian girls.

Yet is still able to land those jumps... This is just insane. :eek:

pinky166
04-29-2010, 08:50 PM
The Russian Fed must've built some kind of factory.

Wouldn't doubt it. We should start making predictions about which ones will skate in Sochi. I'm gonna guess: Liza, Ksenia, Anna but who knowss. Pity that all these girls won't get to compete internationally even on the junior level just due to lack of space. Russia is taking over!

Little Princess
04-29-2010, 10:10 PM
Wouldn't doubt it. We should start making predictions about which ones will skate in Sochi. I'm gonna guess: Liza, Ksenia, Anna but who knowss. Pity that all these girls won't get to compete internationally even on the junior level just due to lack of space. Russia is taking over!

Well...I bet Liza will be there.