PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Jenny
02-26-2010, 08:01 PM
I guess I'm the only one who has watched it? Goodness you'd think there was something else to watch on tv last night. ;) Random thoughts:

Why do they all hate Randy that much? I realize he's awkward and curmudgeonly but the look on everyone's face when he offered up the clam was just too junior high for me. I guess the editors didn't want us to realize that he was so obviously leaving?

They are right to go after Parvati asap, on so many levels. Too bad none of them are willing to go after the popular girl.

Hubby and I were discussing how we'd be cool to see each other snuggling at night or flirting a bit in this game ... until they were all in the water washing off the mud. Hubby says: "and right this minute Russell's wife just smacked him." I guess with so many singles on the show, he's not playing the family card this time.

I'm liking Jerri more and more - her line about bottling up whatever Parvati has for her real life was great. :)

I was a bit surprised at Sandra this time - she seems to be laying it out there a bit too obviously and reminding people how she won the first time. I was also :confused: when she told Jeff that when considering who to vote out, they think about who has won money. On her tribe, only she and Parvati, and arguably Rob, have won - so why point that out?

Candice is playing too paranoid and is lucky they won that challenge.

And JT is awesome - someone has finally managed to dethrone Rob as my favourite player ever! :encore:

purple skates
02-26-2010, 08:53 PM
I watched it late last night, after I was finished watching the Olympics. I watched it because hubby said he was really surprised at how it ended (I was at DS's hockey practice at the time) so I figured I'd watch. Obviously hubby hasn't been watching it regularly because that vote was no surprise to me. :lol:

I don't like Sandra. I didn't really like her too much the first time, even though I know she's popular here. She's like fingernails on a blackboard to me.

Jayar
02-26-2010, 09:26 PM
Wheeeeee! Someone else came out as a Jerri fan. :respec:

P.S. I was a little excited when Jeff said that they could change before the challenge. Somehow watching Colby change his clothes would be more fun for me than the challenge...:lol:

Prancer
02-26-2010, 09:59 PM
Why do they all hate Randy that much?

I don't think they really do; they all said nice things when they voted for him. Although they were all convinced that he hid the machete out of spite, so I don't think that helped his cause.

He really likes Jerri and Coach. Funny that Randy, who had no friends in his everyday life, seems to have made them on Survivor--although he says that the Villians are all a bunch of misfits and that's why he belonged there.

There are some good Insider clips for this week.

I never understood why Jerri was seen as such a bitch; she had her issues, but so does everyone else, and she has always had redeeming qualities, too. I still love her for being the only one to stand up to Rupert and tell him his "shelter in the sand" idea was idiotic--and she did it nicely, even though it annoyed the hell out of Rupert to have some ignorant female tell Mr. Rehab Houses that his shelter was going to flood. I LOL last night when she said that she had been in the worst shelter in Survivor history. Yep, hands down.

Ew at being with Coach, though. Just ew.

Seeing Randy booted reminded me--remember Crystal, the gold medalist who was such a bad athlete during his season? She has admitted to using anabolic steroids during the 2004 Olympics and will likely be stripped of the gold medal; even worse, her teammates on the relay team may be stripped of theirs, too.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/olympics_blog/2010/01/sprinter-crystal-cox-suspended-relay-team-could-lose-gold-medals.html

sk8pics
02-26-2010, 10:01 PM
I watched it. Liked the episode. I didn't quite understand the whole thing about James being violent in a challenge. At least, that's what i remember reading in the episode info. Yes, he threw Randy off the platform immediately, but that was kind of the point. He didn't throw him around on the platform, or rub his face in the mud, he just did what he was supposed to do. I actually was :confused: that the villains would put Randy up against James. I mean, I know they don't like him, but did they want Randy to get killed?

I, too, really like J.T. I just find him really likable. And I really don't like Sandra much either, never did before and still don't.

I was also a little surprised that everyone voted for Randy, in spite of some of the talk about voting out Parvati.

I think it's pretty funny how so many people think they're the ones calling the shots. Gonna be some rude awakenings... hope so, anyway, to keep it interesting.

dbell1
02-27-2010, 12:23 AM
Totally figured Randy was going, but this episode had some decent :rofl: parts.

Coach singing with the sun behind him? Classic. We stopped and rewatched it just to catch the cheesy lines. Oh, and his misspeaking is another favorite thing here. :D

Rupert saying they bonded over catching a chicken that escaped their crappy cage? Awesome.

Villains getting covered in mud while getting their arses kicked? Best challenge ever. Was fun to see Russell beaten, but he should be used to it after last season. :P

I'm with Prancer on the Jerri bandwagon.

I loved Sandra at TC last night. "Our machete grew little legs and walked away." You can tell she's frustrated. I'm still loving her from Pearl Islands for tossing the fish after they got rid of her friend.

smurfy
02-27-2010, 02:59 AM
Fun episode. Little things amused me. The challenge was wow, so lopsided.
I am still enjoying Jerri and yes, why are they not getting rid of Parvarti, she is playing hard and as pointed out, she has friends on the other tribe.
Candice - annoys, hope Cirie sticks around.
JT - nice guy, enjoy his game
Still loving Rob. He really gets the game. I think he is running the villains, as much as it can be run. The others definitely are not.
Coach is still Coach, I do not like him, but he is so entertaining.
Tyson - where are you?
Danielle - still not remembering you.
Rupert - please get voted out.

Cupid
02-27-2010, 01:05 PM
I watched it. Liked the episode. I didn't quite understand the whole thing about James being violent in a challenge. At least, that's what i remember reading in the episode info. Yes, he threw Randy off the platform immediately, but that was kind of the point. He didn't throw him around on the platform, or rub his face in the mud, he just did what he was supposed to do. I actually was :confused: that the villains would put Randy up against James. I mean, I know they don't like him, but did they want Randy to get killed?

I was also a little surprised that everyone voted for Randy, in spite of some of the talk about voting out Parvati.

Do you remember the sandbag thing each was given to knock their opponent off the platform and into the mud? Well, after James proceeded to knock Randy off immediately with the sandbag, he then slammed the sandbag onto Randy as Randy lay in the mud. Totally uncalled for and poor Randy looked so humuliated. I think James wishes he were on the "Villains" side so he could be a villain instead of a hero (reinforcing negative stereotypes, way to go James :rolleyes:).

I'm glad to see Parvati's still there as I'm sure there will be some fireworks between her and Jerri soon.:watch:

Bostonfan
02-27-2010, 01:43 PM
Jeff Probst really takes James to task in his blog this week:

http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/26/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-episode-3/?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-Jeff+Probst's+'Survivor'+blog

I’ve been a big fan of James from day one. I voted for him to be on Fans vs. Favorites and I voted for him to be on Heroes vs. Villains and up until this season I would have referred to him with affectionate phrases like “James the Gentle Giant.” Yeah… those days are gone.

I don’t know if James was going through something personal like trying to quit smoking or if he had a bad rash nobody knew about but something has definitely changed.

James is just not a nice guy these days.

SNIP

“The Most Embarrassing” match: It’s now official. James has clearly lost his mind. It’s el gonzo. It was the most lopsided match of the challenge. There was no doubt who was going to win. James knocked Randy off with one small push and then…he threw his bag on top of him and as always had to have the last word. “Get your f—ing old ass outta here.” Sorry James but this is where I get off the James train. It’s not that I think Randy is the nicest guy in the world either, but that was just unnecessary and truly ugly.

sk8pics
02-27-2010, 03:00 PM
Do you remember the sandbag thing each was given to knock their opponent off the platform and into the mud? Well, after James proceeded to knock Randy off immediately with the sandbag, he then slammed the sandbag onto Randy as Randy lay in the mud. Totally uncalled for and poor Randy looked so humuliated. I think James wishes he were on the "Villains" side so he could be a villain instead of a hero (reinforcing negative stereotypes, way to go James :rolleyes:).
Oh, I didn't notice that. Yes, I would agree that was pretty obnoxious. But I still say, what were the villains thinking putting Randy up against James anyway?

Prancer
02-27-2010, 08:21 PM
I'm glad to see Parvati's still there as I'm sure there will be some fireworks between her and Jerri soon.:watch:

Definitely building. In last week's Insider vids, Parvati told everyone that she had seen Jerri and Coach making out on the beach. When people asked Jerri about it, she denied it, but Parvati insisted that she saw what she saw and then giggled about it in a confessional.

It’s not that I think Randy is the nicest guy in the world either, but that was just unnecessary and truly ugly.[/I]

James talks about that in one of this week's Insider videos; he was really pumped up, as were all the Heroes, and he later did feel bad about doing it.

But yeah, James is just a little out of control :eek:. Ha ha ha at Parvati yelling, "I told you you were on the wrong tribe, James."

FSfan107
02-27-2010, 08:32 PM
James is freaking out and so angry all the time. I'm annoyed watching him. I hope both Parvati and Rupert are voted out soon.

I love Boston Rob.:swoon:

BaileyCatts
02-27-2010, 09:49 PM
.... http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/26/jeff-probst-blogs-survivor-episode-3/?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-Jeff+Probst's+'Survivor'+blog[/I]

From the article:

Coach is spot on. Parvati is dangerous. And yes, if Parvati decides to snuggle up against Coach in the middle of the night you’ll hear Coach singing a whole different song in the morning. He’ll be walking around proud as a victorious warrior spouting off pearls such as :”Parvati is a really nice girl. I trust her. She’s worthy of warriorette status.” Of course he will. Why? Everybody together now, “He’s a man!”

:rofl: Gawd I love Jeff's comments!! He says what we are all thinking, don't he!

Leave it to the oldest guy out there to say it best:

Randy: “Survivor, in so many ways, is like the real world. You don’t get ahead by being smart, clever, and hard working. You get ahead, unfortunately, with a pretty smile and being able to schmooze people, and Parvati is the queen.”

Ain't THAT the truth Randy! I'll be your friend Randy! I always liked you regardless what anyone else said 'bout u. :respec:

Fridge_Break
02-28-2010, 03:18 AM
I am willing to bet the bank that this entire group is going to be kicking themselves in their own asses a little later on for not getting rid of Parvati tonight. I know she's not at all that popular among the fans (and people here), but it is undeniable that she knows what she is doing. The girl can play the game hardcore, and she can do a kickass job at it. I'm not particularly liking her this time around so far, but I give her maaaad props for her gameplay.

Liking Jerri a lot. I've always thought she was quite a piece of work, and now she's hilarious and awesome.

Can't stand too much more of James on my TV. Russell also is annoying the crap out of me -- I just don't like him anymore after his whining about losing to Natalie, and then claiming to be the best player that's ever played. I hate Coach too, but he's somewhat entertaining, at least.

FiveRinger
02-28-2010, 08:22 PM
I just finished watching this week's episode. There's been so much other going on, I didn't get a chance to really watch it.

I agree that the villains are going to kick themselves in the ass because they didn't get rid of Parvati at the first opportunity. I understand that the idea is usually to get rid of the weakest/oldest players to keep the tribe strong, but Parvati is more of an immediate threat. Jerri said it best, comparing Parvati to a virus. I don't understand it, but is seems like people end of befriending her, even when they try their best to stay away from her.

I'm really disturbed by the flirting of the married men on this tribe. Rob (we all know he's married to Am-buh!) and Russell cuddling up with these women is just shameless. Rob tried to explain to us about the sleeping arrangements, but that's not going down very well for me.

Getting rid of Randy was clearly Rob's decision. Everyone else seemed perfectly content to get rid of Parvati at first. I'm dying to know what/how she was able to convince her tribe to get ride of Randy--someone who wasn't a threat physically and didn't have any alliances with anyone on either tribe.

Somehow, I don't believe that Russell is being led by the nose the way everyone else seems to think. He's seen Parvati play the game and is "aware" of her charms. I think that she has more to be concerned about than he does. He's setting everyone up for a huge fall.

Gotta love Sandra and her "anybody but me" strategy. By not claiming an alliance, she admits that she's has no allegiances to anyone but herself. If she makes it to the merge, this is brilliant, because she can go whatever way she needs to without stepping on anyone's toes.

I don't know who I'm rooting for anymore. Last week, I was pulling for the Villains, and I think I still am. I just don't know which specific one anymore. That keeps changing. I'll have to let simmer on that one for a little bit longer.