PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

merrywidow
02-19-2010, 06:01 PM
I think the main problem with the Heroes is that noone seems to realize all the Survivors this season have huge egoes. They almost all think they are the smartest & best able to take control of their tribe. It's turning into a battle of will power. The villains on the other hand are ok letting Rob run things right now but I bet he doesn't make it to the end. (Russell won't let him! :lol:)

Fridge_Break
02-19-2010, 07:09 PM
James is an asshat. I've never really liked him in any of his seasons.

It was nice to see that this episode wasn't the Russell Show for once.

ETA: Rupert is useless.

Prancer
02-19-2010, 08:54 PM
Heroes - OK James, you are now on probation as one of my favourite players ever. I can see the emotion right after they lost, but he kept on and on and on, and needs to shut up, which it appears he does not do just yet from the previews. His Survivor record is not exactly stellar after all. Interesting that Tom seems to *really* not like him - when one might think they would get along based on work ethic etc. Some north/south prejudices coming into play? Tom being a little snotty as a winner and because of his career?

Some of the players who were on tribes with James in the past say that he is very crude and low class in a lot of ways (cursing, poor manners, etc), and is either a misogynist or a guy with really old-fashioned but gentlemanly views of women, depending on which female is doing the telling.

So I can see Tom not liking any of that, but I especially can see Tom not liking James' hissy fit. I think Tom has always approached the game from a team management perspective, where the team works smoothly and he wins, and James' behavior is disruptive to the team.

I think the main problem with the Heroes is that noone seems to realize all the Survivors this season have huge egoes. They almost all think they are the smartest & best able to take control of their tribe. It's turning into a battle of will power. The villains on the other hand are ok letting Rob run things right now but I bet he doesn't make it to the end. (Russell won't let him! :lol:)

The Villians crack me up--they are so dysfunctional, yet they all seem to have the same sardonic sense of humor about it, while the Heroes seem to think that this shouldn't be happening to them :drama:.

The tribe dynamics are really interesting this time around.

Jenny
02-19-2010, 09:08 PM
The tribe dynamics are really interesting this time around.

eys, while we can argue about some of the placements on one team or the other, the very fact that they have been labeled and pitted against one another is turning out to be rather brilliant.

In hindsight, the idea that the villains are getting along and the heroes are not isn't actually that surprising.

my little pony
02-19-2010, 09:11 PM
I do think the villains have a better dynamic but it is easy/easier to get along if you havent been to tribal. The game doesnt really start for a team until they have their first vote.

Erin
02-19-2010, 09:39 PM
Like many people here, I'm loving the Villains! Boston Rob has really grown on me over the years...hated him in Marquesas, grew to appreciate him in All-Stars and really liked him on TAR, and he totally kicked some ass last night. Loved him blaming his incident on "crybaby-itis", but based on Jeff's comments in his blog, the situation was quite serious and Rob was anything but a crybaby. Great work at the challenge once again.

On the Heroes tribe, I think that Tom and Colby made a strategic mistake by targetting Amanda...if they really wanted to get Cirie on their side, Amanda was not the person to target. I really wish they would have voted James off...between the comments following the IC and the previews for next week, he is turning out to be a disruptive influence on his tribe (similar to Ben last time). When someone is difficult like that, I don't care how strong they are, the tribe is usually better off without them. I didn't like James on his original season, and have never understood the love he's gotten, but I had no idea he was this much of a douche.

smurfy
02-20-2010, 03:11 PM
Great season so far. Finally watched the episode this morning.

Jenny - agree with your post.
James - so true, he has been one of my favs, but now, shut tfu. He always seemed more mellow, but now he seems to have a chip on his shoulder. I get why he was mad, but he should have let it go once back at camp.
Amanda & Cirie - I think they may have a secret alliance, or Cirie is letting Amanda think so. Also Amanda does seem a bit more mature, sure of herself. But why would anyone want to get rid of her? There are bigger targets, that will most likely do well at the final tc.
Didn't get that Steph and Amanda were the weakest, what??? They are both very strong, reliable challenge players. I love Cirie, would love her to win, but she is the physically weakest.
Heroes - the dynamic is pretty interesting, splintered quickly.

Boston Rob - always one of my favs, and my love grows. There are 2 things I love: his love of the game/how he knows it is a game and I think genuinely he is a nice guy. I am so amused how his tribe have a respect for him, and may keep him around. I love him, but if I was playing against him, he would be the first target out. he is too good at the game.
Russell's comment was very telling about Boston Rob.
Jerri - she definitely has matured and seems nice, dare I say. I think she is enjoying the journey.
Parvarti - not much of her, I want to know what she is up to.

sk8pics
02-20-2010, 03:37 PM
I'm really enjoying the season, too. I too was :eek: at the tribal council, and couldn't believe the way James kept going on and on. Of all of them, he seems to have one of the biggest egos, like all the attention he got from previous Survivor appearances has gone to his head. I really like Tom but I can't see him going all the way to the end.

And I don't think the Villains are really getting along all that well. We saw some :drama: over the shelter, for example. They just not getting that much air time with regards to strategy or drama since they haven't gone to TC.

Jayar
02-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Meh. Russell will get rid of Rob early in the game as he is a threat to him. And Cirie will get an unceremoniously early boot because she rocks. If Rupert wins, I am going to hunt down Jeff Probst and slap him.:lynch:

smurfy
02-20-2010, 10:46 PM
If Rupert wins, I am going to hunt down Jeff Probst and slap him.:lynch:

If that happens, has to be a fix. Other than brute strength, he does not have much going for him. They know he won the favorite prize and once the merge happens, and I think he is not that good at the social game, I hope they vote him out.

4rkidz
02-20-2010, 11:11 PM
crap .. :( I forgot all about this show as so wrapped up in the Olympics :mad: Thanks for the 2nd show updates, I loved the premier - as hadn't watched it in a few seasons.. This time around I like Boston Rob and Gerri - as my fav villains.. although I do think its time for a hero to win this because I :lynch: Russel..

Jenny
02-21-2010, 02:58 PM
If that happens, has to be a fix. Other than brute strength, he does not have much going for him. They know he won the favorite prize and once the merge happens, and I think he is not that good at the social game, I hope they vote him out.

On what planet is Rupert popular? I just don't get it, and since none of us here seem to like him (or when he played previously), I have to wonder where - and why - all the love is coming from.

Erin
02-21-2010, 03:53 PM
Rupert is not popular with the internet community, but the general community still seems to love him. My mom is a huge Rupert fan, in spite of all of the asshole-ish stuff he does on the show (which she doesn't seem to notice). After the first episode, she called me to talk about how awesome Rupert was and when I expressed my disagreement, her response was "well, didn't you see that special last week where he talked about all the charity work that he does?? I don't understand why you don't like him". I suspect that her response is in line with a lot of people who follow the show more casually. The last time that Rupert was on Survivor, he won the Fan Favourite prize (in spite of things like the shelter incident) and while he's been away a long time, I don't think that the people that voted for him then have changed their mind about liking him.

smurfy
02-21-2010, 03:56 PM
Remember he won the 'Fan Fav' vote at the end of the All Stars.
I think he started out really popular in Cook Islands first episode - embracing the pirate theme etc. But as episodes went on, and in my opinion, the one thing that completely changed my opinion, when he got a vote to be eliminated in tc and back at camp blew up. Also they showed him no being able to sleep and whining a lot.

In All Stars he completely messed up, especially with the building of their shelter.
I do not like him and I know from forums he is not liked here or on TWOP.
But I think the producers may think he is, and Probst?. That is why he is on this season and in the Heroes tribe. IMHO.
Based on how the Heroes tribe is voting out weak/folks with alliances, the strong guys have not been targeted yet. Closer to the merge and post merge I assume they will be. But til then, I think Rupert may just annoy folks. He definitely seems less happer than in the past.

Cupid
02-22-2010, 04:43 PM
Wow, James. He looks and acts like a character from Cops who wears a wife-beater t-shirt and slaps his women around.