PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42

Ares
05-17-2010, 06:22 AM
Aw sad Parvati didn't win, but I'm ok with Sandra. Parv seemed so disappointed, but was much classier about it than Russell.

Mixed feelings about Sandra being a 2-time winner though.

Stephenie's eyebrows always look so weird.

This was a great season.

PeterG
05-17-2010, 06:50 AM
Pavarti played a great game on all accounts but it was her alliance with Russell that did her in since apparently the heroes hated anything associated with him. Sandra won because many of the heroes didn't vote for the best player, but voted for the player who was most of a "hero" at heart. Props to Sandra for feeding their delusional egos.

^ ^ ^

What she said.

KHenry14
05-17-2010, 07:09 AM
For years I've always thought Rich Hatch was the most arrogant player to be on Survivor. And up till now I think I was right (not paying taxes plays into that!). But Russell has him beat now. To arrogantly attempt to claim he's the best ever despite never having won and not even getting a single vote in this latest tribal puts him beyond Hatch. Dude, getting to the finals is one thing, winning is another. To completely ignore the part of the game that would gets you jury votes is not only arrogant, it's completely stupid. And what's been unsaid is the incredible advantage he got by having gotten to play HvV without anyone being able to see him play. I truly believe that had people seen his first season that there's no way he gets to the finals.

But all in all, I am really surprised how much I enjoyed this season. After the train wreck of the first all-stars, I wasn't too sure that this was a good idea. But I was wrong. Perhaps it was the mix of players that made it work, but for whatever the reason, it was a tremendous season. Especially since this was the 20th season. The success of this probably has Mark Burnett frantically working to see how quickly he can bring Rob and Russell back into the game!

Anyway, here's to another 20 seasons. :)

genevieve
05-17-2010, 07:09 AM
Whee, great ending to a great season! :cheer2:

I was rooting for Jerri to win that final immunity...I would have been happy for a Russell/Jerri/Sandra final. I think Sandra still would have won, but would be interested in how Jerri would have handled Final TC.

Russell was never going to win no matter what, but him bringing Parvati was just :duh: He saw it as showing loyalty, but it showed that she was one of the only people who could tell him what to do.

As with last season, this was one bittah jury. Agreed that Russell didn't have the advantage of knowing how his first season had turned out when he started playing, but I thought he handled final TC much better than last time. Again, though, it was too late. The heroes on the jury took that Heroes v. Villains things WAYYYY too seriously (especially Rupert :rolleyes: ). But Jeff pointing out that Russell's self-propagandizing was pretty much a 24/7 non-stop thing...well, it doesn't even matter how he played. It would be really hard to vote for someone that stuck on themselves :lol:

OTOH, I am SO GLAD Russell won fan favorite over Rupert :lol: Rupert is such a freakin hypocrite. I think he just plain sucks. same goes for Danielle.

Sandra looked fab, loved the tiara :cool: I'm shocked that Parvati looked great at reunion and didn't do the usual "hot" Survivor OD on trashy makeup. Jerri looked completely fantastic too. Even Amanda scraped off the drag queen makeup she wore during jury. In fact, the only woman who didn't look great was Danielle.

I would have had Erik win the stupidest move in Survivor history, with JT narrowly beating Tyson for 2nd, on the strength of his awesome love letter to Russell :lol:

Tinami Amori
05-17-2010, 07:11 AM
Darn, just when I was noticing that Sandra never stole anything, lied or cheated, and honestly told people who she felt....... she has to burn Russell's hat.......

I wish that Tom would last and win.

Ares
05-17-2010, 07:35 AM
Pavarti played a great game on all accounts but it was her alliance with Russell that did her in since apparently the heroes hated anything associated with him. Sandra won because many of the heroes didn't vote for the best player, but voted for the player who was most of a "hero" at heart. Props to Sandra for feeding their delusional egos.But like Parvati said, it really was her only option to begin with. Boston Rob and his alliance wanted nothing to do with her from the start, so she had to take what she could get.

I wonder if Amanda's vote was for Sandra or against Parvati for beating her once before (or whatever non-game issues they were having).

Jenny
05-17-2010, 02:16 PM
Agree Russell had some good points to make at the reunion, but completely overshadowed it by being inarticulate and a poor loser. Didn't help that Jeff allowed him so much air time.

His antics also overshadowed what I thought was a degree of arrogance by Parvati and Sandra too - if Russell wasn't there, I think we'd all be talking about them now. (Although I'm happy Sandra won and do feel she deserved it.)

Here's the thing that got me thinking: JT gave a good explanation for why he did what he did - basically a hail mary because he figured he was next to go, and he was right on that account. Sure, he could have kept the idol for himself, but given that the tribe was supposedly sharing it, could he have used it? And in any case, he would have been gone the next time.

But here's what he said (paraphrased) - "I wanted to play with Coach, Tyson, Rob and Courtney (did he mention anyone else), but there was no way I was going to play with Parvati ..." What's with that? I'd love to know the backstory there.

I'm glad Russell won the audience prize, because it reminds Survivor (and perhaps gets through to a few contestants) that in the end, we all want good game play and good tv, not necessarily good people.

btw, last season Big Brother introduced an audience vote - basically the audience was a collective jury member, casting one vote. The voting even started before the finale, so there were three scenarios and you had to pick your favourite in each case (ie A vs B, A vs C, B vs C). I think Survivor could do that easily - fans would love it, and I think it could add an interesting dimension to the game if Survivors realized that their confessionals actually could count.

dbell1
05-17-2010, 02:36 PM
Heh. Russell's wife is the leading suspect on Survivor Sucks for last season and part of this, and at least one of the spoilers for this season there knows an awful lot about Sandra.

Somebody sure talked a lot, though, because there are a LOT of details this time, much more than just who won immunity and who got the boot.

Too bad they can't trace it back to Mrs. lil russ and sue them. :shuffle:

Jenny - not sure I want the audience to have a vote. We only see what the editors want us to (rumors had Colby deliberately tossing challenges) and having to deal with people like Rupert & Russell playing even more to the camera? :yikes: :scream:

Cupid
05-17-2010, 03:42 PM
After this season, how will Survivor top this? Maybe the audience vote will add a new dimension. It's going to be tough to start again with a bunch of unknowns.

Sorry, but I thought Parvati should have won. The girl played a brilliant game! My daughter even commented on how can someone look so great not wearing any makeup. :lol: She looked great at the reunion, and I loved Sandra's wig.

genevieve
05-17-2010, 04:56 PM
His antics also overshadowed what I thought was a degree of arrogance by Parvati and Sandra too - if Russell wasn't there, I think we'd all be talking about them now.
I didn't have a problem with Sandra (although she cut Russell off when he was actually trying to give her credit for burning the hat), but I thought Parvati was totally being a sore loser and more than a little arrogant. I wish Russell hadn't been so much of the focus because I really wanted to delve into why Parvati didn't win over Sandra.

Here's the thing that got me thinking: JT gave a good explanation for why he did what he did - basically a hail mary because he figured he was next to go, and he was right on that account. Sure, he could have kept the idol for himself, but given that the tribe was supposedly sharing it, could he have used it? And in any case, he would have been gone the next time.
I think both JT and Tyson have had a lot of time to come up with great explanations for their moves.

btw, last season Big Brother introduced an audience vote - basically the audience was a collective jury member, casting one vote. The voting even started before the finale, so there were three scenarios and you had to pick your favourite in each case (ie A vs B, A vs C, B vs C). I think Survivor could do that easily - fans would love it, and I think it could add an interesting dimension to the game if Survivors realized that their confessionals actually could count.
GOD, PLEASE NO!!!! That would be truly awful. The vote in Survivor is based on what the participants know about each other - an audience vote would be based on what we've seen which is both way more than what the other players have seen (i.e. confessionals) and heavily edited to make us see players in a particular way. Even though I think Survivor juries sometimes get in wrong, I don't think an audience vote would make it better.

I hated the audience vote last year for BB too (wasn't it only introduced because whatsername got kicked off?), but at least with that show, the game is unfolding in real time while we're watching, and while we do get to see more private conversations that other players don't see, there's the ability to see a lot of the mundane parts of the game too. Of course, most of the people only watch the heavily edited tv shows, which have proved to be completely different than what's happening inside the house on more than one occasion. So...no. Just NO to an audience vote.

Jenny
05-17-2010, 05:12 PM
OK! OK! I give in. It was just a *thought*.

;)

jamesy
05-17-2010, 05:20 PM
*puts away pitchfork*

Jenny
05-17-2010, 05:20 PM
I think both JT and Tyson have had a lot of time to come up with great explanations for their moves.

True, but in fairness, both had similar thoughts in their day after interviews - in contrast, many Survivors have zero explanation for their actions months later, seemed to have learned nothing, and remain delusional about what really happened.

To me, both Tyson and JT come off as smarter than most, and mature enough to understand themselves and take responsibility for their actions. Again, unlike so many other Survivors.

On another note :eek: that there have been more than 300 contestants - no one no one remembered Danielle!

Fridge_Break
05-17-2010, 05:33 PM
When does Big Brother start?

July 8. Waaaay too long away :wuzrobbed

Also count me in for an absolute NO to adding an audience jury vote. The show is edited waaaaay too much to tailor to what they want us to see as opposed to what actually happens. They only had it on BB last year because Chima was expelled from the house and they had only 6 jury members.

genevieve
05-17-2010, 05:41 PM
To me, both Tyson and JT come off as smarter than most, and mature enough to understand themselves and take responsibility for their actions. Again, unlike so many other Survivors.
Tyson is one of the smartest Survivors ever IMO and it's too bad that he didn't go further in either of his seasons. I really expected him to go to the end in his first season, and he got lost on a tribe full of sneaky alpha males this season (and paid for it with his bold move that wasn't).

On another note :eek: that there have been more than 300 contestants - no one no one remembered Danielle!
:lol: And she's only memorable now as Parvati's shadow (and for her really bad boob job). Ok, the catfight with Amanda will probably make her memorable, but other than that she's still kinda snoozy.

I feel bad but I barely remember Jenn, the woman who died, either.