PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 [37] 38 39 40 41 42

jl
05-16-2010, 08:57 PM
This is my first season really watching Survivor aside from watching a few episodes here and there, like Russell breaking down at last season's reunion, and long ago when I saw Sandra win.

From reading Jeff's blog as well as his People's Magazine breakdown of the final 5, did Jeff Probst always have such a man-crush for Colby? I swear, Jeff should just stop dating random people at this rate; he should just say 'my heart beats for Colby' already and get it over with. I'm kind of surprised, too, because I thought the host should be as unbiased as possible. A blog analyzing moves is great, but all of the discounting Sandra and heroizing Colby is quite frustrating. Playing a game like this with no alliances, twice, and getting this far really says something about her skills as a player, yet for him she could just as easily be a potted fern and he'd say she'd still get this far.

Ugh. If Colby wins two immunities now, I think he is pretty much guaranteed $1,000,000. Thus, the great new strategy is to do absolutely nothing but ally with a large group and hope they all get picked off. And we'd have Jeff writing an Ode to Colby.

Can't wait for tonight! :lol:

dbell1
05-16-2010, 09:01 PM
This is the best Survivor news in a long time:

http://tv.yahoo.com/survivor-heroes-vs-villains/show/44431/news/tv.tvguide.com/tv.tvguide.com-survivor-star-ethan-zohns-cancer-remission

Ethan's cancer is in remission!! :cheer2:

Prancer
05-16-2010, 09:16 PM
From reading Jeff's blog as well as his People's Magazine breakdown of the final 5, did Jeff Probst always have such a man-crush for Colby?

PML! Yes. Colby and Jeff are very good friends. They have a standing poker game every week when Jeff isn't on location. The people on Survivor Sucks have referred to them as a couple for years.

I was ROTFLOL when Colby was shrieking at his brother and Jeff said "He's been like this for 30-whatever days" and then the brother and Jeff both laughed. I think Colby is going to be ragged to death for this season.

A blog analyzing moves is great, but all of the discounting Sandra and heroizing Colby is quite frustrating. Playing a game like this with no alliances, twice, and getting this far really says something about her skills as a player, yet for him she could just as easily be a potted fern and he'd say she'd still get this far.

Jeff has actually been pretty complimentary of Sandra this season, but in general, he doesn't like female winners and he's always considered Sandra one of the worst. He was asked to list the worst winners once and listed every female winner but one.

Jeff (and Mark Burnett) like the big, strong manly man leader types. Tom was their ideal. They both hate seasons where the strong are eliminated and the "weak" make it to the end.

And Jeff never pretends to be unbiased in his blog or in any of his commentary.

Ugh. If Colby wins two immunities now, I think he is pretty much guaranteed $1,000,000.

Against Russell or Jerri? Yes. Against Parvati? I don't think so. Colby's only argument is that he held back on purpose. I can see that pissing off a lot of the people on the jury, who might have done better in the game if their tribemate had stepped up sooner. Parvati can argue that she's won just as many immunities and played the game much more strategically, taking risks on behalf of her tribemates to save them, unlike Colby

rjblue
05-16-2010, 09:35 PM
Thus, the great new strategy is to do absolutely nothing but ally with a large group and hope they all get picked off. That sounds like a really good strategy to me.

Tom is my second least favourite winner. I disliked only Brian more(because he just seemed too slick). Tom's macho manly play made me gag. I've never been able to stand people who say they didn't have to backstab to win the game. Every winner has voted lots of people off who didn't see it coming.

Eden
05-16-2010, 11:07 PM
Tom is my second least favourite winner. I disliked only Brian more(because he just seemed too slick).
Those two, plus Richard were my least favorite winners.

Ethan's cancer is in remission!! :cheer2:
Thanks for the update regarding one of my favorite Survivor's winner!

Fridge_Break
05-17-2010, 01:17 AM
15 minues in and Russell has done nothing but make himself look like an ass. Sandra hasn't played the game?? Oh how very surprised he must have been once this season started airing! Dumbass.

ETA: Parvati's ability to concentrate during the endurance challenges is simply mind-blowing. Tonight makes the 3rd immunity she's won just simply from sheer concentration.

KikiSashaFan
05-17-2010, 01:27 AM
:respec: to Parvati. I'm still Sandra FTW though.

rjblue
05-17-2010, 01:31 AM
Has Rupert even washed since he was booted out?

eta- That final challenge lived up to how great this season has been. All those hands reaching for the immunity idol...

Fridge_Break
05-17-2010, 02:16 AM
For someone who claims they are the "best that has ever played the game," Russell really doesn't have a beat on the remaining players or the jury. Parvati is a million times better than him in that department. Sandra too.

my little pony
05-17-2010, 02:20 AM
well, congratulations to Poverty for winning, that was dumb

Eden
05-17-2010, 02:32 AM
IMO, it will be between Parvarti and Sandra, who has better chances to win.
Sandra will have the votes of:
Courtney
Rupert
Colby
Coach
Candice

Votes for Parvarti will be coming from:
Danielle
Amanda
JT

Russel is out of picture, he made too many enemies. Jerrie might be the only one to give him her vote.

Sandra burnning Russel's hat :respec:

Fridge_Break
05-17-2010, 02:35 AM
Sandra burnning Russel's hat :respec:
Payback is a bitch :EVILLE:

KikiSashaFan
05-17-2010, 02:37 AM
Now I REALLY want Sandra to win :rofl:

Eden
05-17-2010, 02:38 AM
Payback is a bitch :EVILLE:

ITA, maybe she should mention it to the jury. Now that will guarentee her even more respect.

rjblue
05-17-2010, 02:39 AM
I'm still rooting for the most villainous player ever to get some jury votes. Pararti just admitted she benefitted from all his dirty work.

Jeri needs to give Danielle makeup lessons. She looks great!