PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

Ares
05-14-2010, 04:13 AM
Sure Colby..it's your brother's fault that you lost the water challenge..:lol:

I agree with rjblue, I wouldn't mind if any of them won. Well, I don't really want Russell to win, but I don't think there is anything to worry about there. Colby has been awful, but for some reason I root for him. Who would have thought during the early episodes that he would be the last Hero to survive. He was supposed to be out with Steph and Tom.

As for the women, they are all just great. Jerri made me laugh with the "I'm leaning toward stupidity" joke. What was the deal with the wood anyway? How did he not notice everyone else was trying to sleep? Although, I wondered why nobody just said "Rupert, we are trying to sleep, please stop." Maybe that part wasn't aired.

dbell1
05-14-2010, 04:58 AM
I'm thinking there was a lot of stuff not aired tonight. Rupert and Sandra's comments towards each other at the vote were really odd. What the heck was Rupert clutching in his fist when he was talking to little Russ? Spoilers said that Coach gave it to little Russ and then Russ gave it to Rupert saying it was from his kids and Russ swore on the little angels that he was with Rupie until the end. Or Rup was just clenching his fist because he hurt it chopping LOTS OF WOOD? :lol:

I'm thinking Russ is a sociopath. He hadn't seen his wife in forever and all he can do is bitch about Jerri? Rupert at least did the crying 'I love you, my devoted wife of 12 years' thing. Can't wait to see Rup at Ponderosa. Wonder where he'll fit in on the 'Dragonz'? :P

:rofl: @ Colby and Brother during the challenge. I had flashbacks to Amazing Race last year with the brother team "Shut" and "Up".

Sandra and Parv are in control. Loved how they basically laughed at Russ doing the 'I'm the king' meltdown.

genevieve
05-14-2010, 05:12 AM
That was just plain fun. Sandra FTW!!!!!!!!!

Interesting that the F5 is 2 previous winners, 2 previous runners-up... Jerri. I would be happy with any of the Villains winning, as they've all played pretty good (and very different) games. I'm rooting for a Russell/Sandra/Jerri F3 though, with Sandra winning, for sheer awesomeness. Sure Parvati deserves to be there too, but in this episode she seemed like an extra - I don't think she's in control of the game right now and everyone has to know she will rock the final TC if she gets there.

Colby's brother has the same blinding white teeth. They must have to wear sunglasses inside in that family. can't wait to read Jeff ragging on Colby's blaming elder Donaldson for that awful performance.

Very interesting that Jerri chose Parvati and Sandra. Parvati makes sense, since Parv saved her, but Sandra was interesting. Also interesting that Jerri knew how to keep Russell from gunning for her - by appealing to his sense of power ("I spent the whole time afraid you'd be so mad at me!!") I think Jerri was being honest, not just strategic, but it was the best thing she could have done for herself.

So now the question is - will Colby go on an immunity run now that bigger target Rupert is gone? Or is his immunity inadequacy not entirely by choice? more importantly, will Parvati go on an immunity run? Russell is strong, but end of game challenges tend to favor women - although we've had several challenges this season that are better for small, light bodies, so who knows what we'll see at the end. Sandra won't win immunity, I'd bet significant vCash on it...Jerri has shown she can win challenges, perhaps she could keep immunity out of Parvati's reach.

Danielle looks even worse on the jury than she did with her funky lip :scream: Love when Survivor ladies overcompensate with the Level 12 makeup once they get the chance to take a shower :lol:

This season ROCKS :cheer2:

Ares
05-14-2010, 05:31 AM
Day 36 Roundup: Top 10 most days played on Survivor

1. Parvati - 111 days
2. Amanda - 108
3. Rupert - 100
4. Colby - 97
5. Jerri - 87
6. Cirie - 85
7. Boston Rob -78
8. James - 76
9. Stephenie - 75
9. Sandra - 75
9. Russell - 75

Parvati has now spent more days on the show than any other Survivor

Rupert cracks 100 days on his way out

Jerri moves past Cirie

Sandra and Russell pass Big Tom (from Africa)'s 73 days to become the most successful 2-seasoners, and will push Steph out of the Top 10 soon.

Prancer
05-14-2010, 01:39 PM
I'm thinking Russ is a sociopath. He hadn't seen his wife in forever and all he can do is bitch about Jerri? Rupert at least did the crying 'I love you, my devoted wife of 12 years' thing. Can't wait to see Rup at Ponderosa. Wonder where he'll fit in on the 'Dragonz'? :P

He doesn't :P. But Courtney gets off some good lines at his expense.

I watched the insider vids before the episode and there's one of Russell going on and on about how knowing his wife is on the island gives him strength, and how his family is his heart, etc., etc.

From what was said, I assume that it was filmed between tree mail and the actual reward challenge. So I figured that Russell might just show a few cracks when his wife showed up. Uh, no :lol:

But I wasn't surprised that she didn't seem to mind. As soon as Jeff said that the loved ones would be doing the challenge, she started stretching her quadriceps. I literally LOL. Yep, that would be Russell's woman all right.

There have been complaints before this about Rupert banging around camp and sawing wood and such when everyone is trying to sleep and I've gotten the impression that he argues that all the work needs to be done and so he won't stop. That's one of the things about Rupert that has been driving the others crazy; he wants to play Survivalist, not Survivor.

snoopysnake
05-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Unless Colby has been faking challenge ineptitude all this time, I want Sandra, Parv, and Jerri in the top 3. I don't expect this, I just want this. As for Russell, :angryfire:wall::soapbox: I just hope I will get to enjoy seeing him sulk in defeat on Sunday.

genevieve
05-14-2010, 05:19 PM
I watched the insider vids before the episode and there's one of Russell going on and on about how knowing his wife is on the island gives him strength, and how his family is his heart, etc., etc.

From what was said, I assume that it was filmed between tree mail and the actual reward challenge. So I figured that Russell might just show a few cracks when his wife showed up. Uh, no :lol:

But I wasn't surprised that she didn't seem to mind. As soon as Jeff said that the loved ones would be doing the challenge, she started stretching her quadriceps. I literally LOL. Yep, that would be Russell's woman all right.
I thought he did get a tiny bit misty when she was first brought out, which I found surprising until I remembered that he he is doing back-to-back Survivors and probably hadn't seen her in 2+ months (IIRC there was no time for him to go home between games).

But Russell is so incredibly focused on this game, it doesn't surprise me at all that he was right back to the game. And it doesn't surprise me that his wife is
equally competitive (or at least understands how important this game is to him).

Seeing Rupert and his wife smooching 50 times was too much for me. Facial hair makes me squeamish :scream:

Jenny
05-14-2010, 05:33 PM
Seeing Rupert and his wife smooching 50 times was too much for me. Facial hair makes me squeamish :scream:

Especially when it hasn't been washed in a month, in a very hot and sweaty climate.:yikes:

As for Russell, I didn't see anything out of the ordinary with him and his wife. I saw a look in their eyes that says they are very close and understand one another completely. As others have said, she must know how important this is to him, and is supporting him 100%. They hugged, they worked well together in the challenge, and when Jerri was picking couples they were standing with their arms around each other, totally at ease. The fact that they talked game makes perfect sense to me - there's no need to say a bunch of mushy stuff out loud in front of the world when you know what you have between you.

Honestly if that were me and hubby, you would have seen very similar behaviour - and we have been together a very long time and are madly in love. :)

Also, is Parvati gunning for a spokesmodel job at Sprint? Seriously.

dbell1
05-14-2010, 06:08 PM
Is Parvati gunning for a spokesmodel job at Sprint? Seriously.

:rofl: We were making comments that whole segment. "Yes, I love my family, but I'd trade them for this lifechanging SPRINT phone." "I know you're next to me, but let's watch you on this awesome SPRINT video instead." "Let's toss the amazing SPRINT phone into the blowhole!" :P

Prancer
05-14-2010, 06:48 PM
I thought he did get a tiny bit misty when she was first brought out, which I found surprising until I remembered that he he is doing back-to-back Survivors and probably hadn't seen her in 2+ months (IIRC there was no time for him to go home between games).

I think he got to go home for 10 days?

:rofl: We were making comments that whole segment. "Yes, I love my family, but I'd trade them for this lifechanging SPRINT phone." "I know you're next to me, but let's watch you on this awesome SPRINT video instead." "Let's toss the amazing SPRINT phone into the blowhole!" :P

And not just ANY Sprint phone--it was the amazing PALM PRE which has SO MANY FEATURES. And you can pictures with your PALM PRE SPRINT PHONE FROM SPRINT so you can share all those precious moments, and look! We can watch the videos of our loved ones who are sitting right next to us on the amaaaaaazing PALM PRE SPRINT PHONE.

:lol::lol::lol:

And here I thought the Outback ads were obvious and clunky.

Freespirit
05-14-2010, 07:08 PM
Although Russell makes it interesting, I would love to see him taken out now. Couldn't bear to hear him whining at the end about how he was better than game play than the others and should win the million. By the way, does anyone know how much the contestants get paid? (or do they)

Bostonfan
05-14-2010, 07:38 PM
I would love to see Russell on the jury, but I fear it won't happen. Either he'll win a crucial immunity challenge, or the gals will keep him around because it will help them in the end.

If Sandra make it to the F3, I PRAY she wins it all. Her "I'm against you, Russell" made me LMAO! That alone was worth 1M!

Jenny
05-14-2010, 07:48 PM
I think they all want Russell around because they think they can beat him. I think Sandra and Parvati would both beat him, but I think he would beat Colby and have a good shot against Jerri.

If he's learned from last time, he'll make a point of telling the jury that one of his strategies was to be a bastard and make enemies so everyone would want to take him to the end - but that he would never vote for a "lesser of two evils" or someone who doesn't deserve it, and he hopes that the game's greatest players won't either.

The only flaw in his game that I can see is taking Parvati, who has a proven record of a great jury performance that led to a decisive win. He must really think he played the game better than her, and that's what he'll pitch.

I do think he's played harder than her, and been in greater control (otherwise Danielle would still be there, for starters), but at the same time, Parvati has still played a strong game, and hasn't pissed as many jury members off. Maybe Russell's hoping they won't give her (or Sandra) a second million.

KHenry14
05-14-2010, 08:34 PM
Russell's best shot is to go to the finals with Jerri and Colby. He's smart enough to know that, but I wonder if he can pull it off?

But a Parvati/Sandra/Russell final would make for an outstanding Final Tribal Council! :kickass: I think having two previous winners, plus eville Russell would make the Jury think some.

Prancer
05-14-2010, 10:06 PM
Although Russell makes it interesting, I would love to see him taken out now. Couldn't bear to hear him whining at the end about how he was better than game play than the others and should win the million. By the way, does anyone know how much the contestants get paid? (or do they)

They all get paid based on how long they last. The winner gets a million (obviously), first runnerup $100K, second $85K (or something like that) and so on. The first boot gets something like $1500.

The jurors may get more than they used to now that the Ponderosa videos get shown. They have to be paid when they appear on camera.