PDA

View Full Version : Survivor: Heroes vs. Villains (Threads Merged)

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 [34] 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42

jamesy
05-08-2010, 06:40 PM
My memory is a little fuzzy, but weren't Shii Ann and Jerri part of the same group that got screwed over when Lex decided to save Amber at Rob's request? I think it was actually Jerri who ended up going home that night instead of Amber.

I know she pissed off some people in ASS by winning the "keep your hand about your head so the bucket doesn't spill on you" immunity challenge--and gloating about it--thus forcing Rob's alliance to have to vote off one of their own.

But otherwise I never really got why so many people disliked her.

genevieve
05-08-2010, 08:20 PM
They hated her long before she won that challenge. They had made it clear that she was to be voted off, and were pretty rude about it, so her gloating immediately after winning was well justified. After she won, she approached Alicia with "we should really talk (about strategy)" and Alicia completely shut her down. I never saw anything on either season she was in that made her seem like an unpleasant person, but people just did not take to her at all.

Prancer
05-08-2010, 10:12 PM
Shii Ann was considered very abrasive and hard to get along with on both her seasons, and was supposedly that way in her day-to-day life, too. Several people who worked with her flooded the spoiler boards to talk about how hard it was to get along with her when she was on her first season.

Eden
05-09-2010, 12:43 AM
I think the disliking of Shii Ann began because of the way she consumed every single part of the chicken.
She explained her eating etiquette as the nature of "our culture to eat every part of the chicken".

She also didn't hesitate telling people like it is when confronted, which gained her a reputation as being a "bitch" by some of her fellow tribemates.

I didn't like her in her first season, but she was quite fine in the ASS, and made to the final six.
On the reunion episode Jeff told Amber she could choose another player to receive a free automobile.
Amber picked Shii Ann.

Fridge_Break
05-09-2010, 03:16 AM
I HATE Russell. Seriously, potentially my least-favorite contestant of all time. His sense of self-entitlement is just sickening.

PS: ENOUGH with the fracking immunity idols!! At least it's Sandra who has it this time (who, actually, may be my favorite contestant of all time after this season)

ETA: Although it is rather fun to watch Russell's game continually and completely spiral out of control, and I can't wait til the point where it crashes and burns and he gets completely owned by the whole thing :lol: Still hate him greatly, though :P

BYTCH
05-09-2010, 04:56 AM
I think the disliking of Shii Ann began because of the way she consumed every single part of the chicken.
She explained her eating etiquette as the nature of "our culture to eat every part of the chicken". I have never understood how people can chew on the leg or breast of an animal with equanimity, but get exercised over the liver or gizzard.

It's understandable if someone doesn't like the taste of organ meats or the idea of chewing on brains, but how come it's OK to chew on some chicken's wing, but disgusting to chew on its gizzard? It's all part of the same critter.

Sparks
05-09-2010, 06:10 PM
ETA: Although it is rather fun to watch Russell's game continually and completely spiral out of control, and I can't wait til the point where it crashes and burns and he gets completely owned by the whole thing
I know what you mean. BUT at this point, Russell still thinks he's in charge...he's getting his way in Tribal Council...Danielle is gone - just like he wanted. :eek:

snoopysnake
05-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Perhaps there were things not shown on the air, but I never could understand why the other Survivors disliked Shii Ann so much either. I had a feeling that it was possibly racism. (I definitely think Dat Phan was a victim of racism from the other contestants on Last Comic Standing.)

Prancer
05-10-2010, 01:07 AM
Perhaps there were things not shown on the air, but I never could understand why the other Survivors disliked Shii Ann so much either.

No one likes Rupert this season (except Sugar); do you see that on the show?

The main complaints about Shii Ann were the same complaints you see about other disliked Survivors: she never shut up, she argued all the time, she thought she knew everything but clearly didn't (and that we did see on the show, as Shii Ann talked and talked about how good she was at puzzles, then sucked at every one she played), and she was a negative complainer.

PeterG
05-10-2010, 04:26 AM
I have never understood how people can chew on the leg or breast of an animal with equanimity, but get exercised over the liver or gizzard.

Agreed that such equanimity is of great concern.

snoopysnake
05-11-2010, 02:54 PM
No one likes Rupert this season (except Sugar); do you see that on the show?

I will always like Rupert because he rescued the little boa constrictor (Balboa) during his first season on the show. It did not survive, but snoopysnake's respect for Rupert did. He also hates Russell, which is certainly a point in his favor.

Eden
05-14-2010, 02:23 AM
I guess the lesson for Rupert is:
Never make an agreement with the devil, for he is a villain for a reason, and thus can not be trusted!
Two funny moments at the TC:
Sandra revealing the hiding place for her HII, and Danielle sticking her tongue when Russel went to vote :rofl: :respec:

rjblue
05-14-2010, 02:23 AM
Russell seems untouchable. If Sandra can stand it, she should take him to the final two with her.

I think this is the first season where I'd be happy if any of the top 5 wins.

Sandra for her successfull under-the-radar-idol play.

Russell for the most awesome villain ever.

Jeri for being an outsider succeeding in cracking an alliance.

Parvarti for a skillful social game, and pretty good all round survivor.

Colby- only if his checking out of the game is a deliberate strategy to be the last hero standing, and only if he wins the next two immunity challenges decisively.

KikiSashaFan
05-14-2010, 02:24 AM
Sandra FTW! :cheer2:

Eden
05-14-2010, 02:32 AM
Russell seems untouchable. If Sandra can stand it, she should take him to the final two with her.
Everyone wants to take him to the finals because it is easier to win against him.
IMO, Russel is facing the same situation as Amanda did on her previous Survivors. He will end up at the finals, but won't get the jury's votes.